Assasin Rework idea - Poison

My proposed change:

The purpose of these changes is to give the assassin the ability to deal slightly heavier, more AOE damage for a longer period of time.

• A 25% decrease in mana cost
  • Vitality cap to increase from 40 - 50
  • Increase radius by 1 tile for all tiered poisons
  • Decrease launch time from 0.8 seconds - 0.7 seconds
  • Replace the +Wisdom stats with +MP based on tier ( T5 = +50mp)
  • ~15% total damage buff
  • Add 0.5 seconds of more duration

Example

Nightwing Venom T5

MP COST: 90 (8.55 damage/MP)
Equip Bonus: +3 WIS
Throw Time: 0.8 second(s)
Impact Damage: 170
Damage Over Time: 600 total (139.5 damage/s)
Duration: 4.3 second(s)
Radius: 4.5 tiles

REWORKED

MP COST: 70
Equip Bonus: +50mp
Throw Time: 0.7 seconds
Impact Damage: 200
Damage Over Time: 700
Duration: 4.8 Seconds
Radius: 5 Tiles

1. Faster Throw speed requires the Assasin to be closer to the enemy, hence the complimenting VIT buff

2. the +10 Vitality Cap allows the Assasin to be a tad more elastic - more health and chances to weave between shots to throw the poison

3. Radius + Impact DMG increase is to allow the assassin to be a more proficient gland farmer - easier to get SB on more gods.

4. Magic Point Buff is to accommodate for the more spammy(fun) playstyle.

5. +0.5 Duration is streamline the DPS and make the poison feel more like a poison.

6. Damage Over Time and Impact Damage buff is to help the assassin compete with other classes in terms of DPS

7. . Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! :smiley:

I agree with everything, but I don’t care if its MP, or wisdom.

mp vs wisdom makes a quite a huge difference

mp vs wis is the difference between throwing 3-4 poisons all at once vs throwing more poisons every couple seconds. since most bosses have lengthy invulnerability phases, fitting in more poisons in a short burst is a direct upgrade/change to playstyle

Although I love the idea of buffing assassin. I think the ability needs to be entirely renovated, the simple fact that you have to time your poisons in such a precise way makes it quite inferior. I truly want this class to be on par with the rest but I don’t think giving it better stats should be the answer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.