Assassin ability rework: Assassin's Enhancement

Every tiered poison will have a new effect:

Assassin’s enhancement:
For every enemy inflicted with the poison, gain a attack boost of 2 to self and an attack boost of 1 to players within a 3 tile radius for X seconds, maximum attack boost is 20 (for self), 10 (for party) (10 enemies).

Effect does not stack with other assassin’s enhancements, if multiple are active, the attack boost will use the largest increase, so for example if you got an boost of 5 points from one assassin, but then a other assassin hit a poison that gives 10 points to you, your boost would change to that 10 points,. However the effect won’t go away if it is overridden, if instead the second assassin gave you a boost of just 3 points, and the 5 point effect ran out, you would still get the 3 point boost for the remainder of its duration.

Effect does stack with other attack boosts, such as from the cloak of bloody surprises.

The T0 poison will have a duration of 2.5 seconds, this increases by 0.5 seconds for each tier until we reach 5 seconds for T7. The radius remains the same, and can be increased through wismod, the duration cannot.

Now for the UT’s:

Murky Toxin:

Assassin’s enhancement:
Big bomb:
For every enemy inflicted with the poison, gain a attack boost of 4 to self and an attack boost of 2 to players within a 3 tile radius for 5 seconds, maximum attack boost is 4 (for self), 2 (for party) (1 enemy).
Small bomb
For every enemy inflicted with the poison, gain a attack boost of 8 to self and an attack boost of 2 to players within a 3 tile radius for 5 seconds, maximum attack boost is 8 (for self), 4 (for party) (1 enemy).

Plague Poison:

Assassin’s enhancement:
For every enemy inflicted with the poison, gain a vitality boost of 2 to self and a vitality boost of 1 to players within a 3 tile radius for 5 seconds, maximum vitality boost is 30 (for self), 15 (for party) (15 enemies). (subject to the same rules as the attack boost)

I wouldn’t really change the other UT’s, the Crystallised Fang’s Venom is already pretty good and the Mighty Stein and Bottled Medusozoan could probably just do with a damage increase.

This change is to give the assassin a party role to further improve the parties DPS as well as his own by a greater amount. the Murky Toxin is good for bosses, though not objectively better due to the lower max attack boost, and the Plague Poison’s change was mostly because that was the stat I felt was most related to a plague, if a little ironic.

Interesting idea, with the Bottled Medusozoan though I think the cooldown should just be removed, then it becomes useful sometimes

ahh yes. assassin dont make sense at all. how tf do you carry that many poison bottles to throw, not even talking about stuff like pogmur or meduzoan! assassin would have to carry literal tons of poisons to just throw at the enemies. stuff like poison-coated daggers would be a better use of the posion, imagine if on every ability use, you dip your daggers in poison for a buff in damage/small DoT effect. soooo cool and not incredibly unrealistic, like chucking a vial of poison every time. anyways, good idea, buff sew poison’s max caps further. make cry fang armor-break even when the enemy is invulnerable.thanks for reading this stupid text wall.

I can’t say that I quite understand the infinite arrows from bows, daggers tossed, traps launched, stars thrown, parrots concealed, and so forth being entirely logical, either. I think that’s a moot point in the face of the proposal’s point.

You dont throw bottles nor vials, silly. You throw splashes of poison. We never ever saw a bottle being thrown. Only the mixture. The bottles assassins carry is just to hold it all in.

Then what about the seemingly infinite volume of poison?

He restocks it every time he goes to the nexus.
and it is one big bottle

Fair enough, honestly, I’m more leaning to the idea that the Assassin uses his mana to create poison in the bottle, that explains why it takes so much mana to use.

In case of plague poison, for example, the bottle contains viruses or small organic life which can be bred directly in the bottle. Also, bacause it easily spreads once in a host’s body, you do not need extensive amounts of fluids; a near-transparent cloud is enough.

Medusozoan, you throw it then put it back in.

Murky is made from things found in the sewers, like poop, bones, rotten corpses. A delightful crockpot made with everything foul and smelly.

Tiered poisons are harvested from dead animals.

Crystallized fang’s venom does not require high quantities of liquid, so you recharge by killing crystal worm father.

we dont talk about lighning in a bottle

I have to ask, why do you want to make the assassin into a support class?

also theres a typo in your title

thanks for that

I felt like that there has been a support class for every weapons type, in the game, and I couldn’t think of a way to make assassin a class that is a really good at avoiding damage without making it too similar to another class

No problem, friend.

Exactly, trickster plays support very well with her decoys and rogues have a habit of rushing for the group. Why assassin too? Why make the whole cast of dagger users support classes?

I was thinking more in the sense of giving your teammates a buff, as a support class, although you do make a very good point.

I mean, this is not bad at all, having all dagger users be support-oriented. This could mean we have the possibility to balance the daggers according to their sole function.

I just wanted a reason.

change to daggers: make them be super low-range HIGH damage burst weapons, making the playstyle to go in and go out, since daggers are shorter than swords irl. buff assassin poison and maybe make it so it leaves a trail as it get thrown that the asassin can walk faster on (like the realm roads), giving it a viable option to go in and out for the new daggers.

poison now in stock

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.