Astolfo Skin + Set

Oh my god for you non cultured people, stop saying “cartoon”. Cartoon is just western garbage.
Also I don’t care if you can’t tell what the shits are supposed to be, because people that know this character will know what the shits are supposed to be.

players%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy

Skin for best boygirl. Pally btw.

Sword: Trap of Argalia ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trap%20of%20Argalia
Seal: La Black Luna
La%20Black%20Luna
Armor: Rider’s Garbs
Rider's%20Garbs
Accessory: Casseur de Logistille
Casseur%20de%20Logistille

Raphiel#8879
u/-KIYO-
BaconSM:hot_face:

Oh no.

The references are real.

I like the skin, it looks cute. The item sprites could probably use a bit of work, though. It’s sort of hard to tell what they are.

I mean if you know astolfo well enough you would already know what the items are from the name itself.

It wasnt easy to fit the shits in 8x8

I guess I should have reworded that differently. Most people don’t know who Astolfo is, much less the implements that she use. Imagine the reference is unknown to you and you see a sprite like this:

Rider's%20Garbs

You’d obviously be left in confusion. Things that can clear this up include item descriptions and background lore.

As a person who has done stuff like this, yeah, it isn’t easy.

1. Astolfo is a boy.

2. You’re wrong. Astolfo is very well known and is an extremely iconic anime character.

3. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QSA3p0gs9pBL37sWfr94XHhJNgx0JnKGgytxiEZumNQ/edit

4. Scrapped the item stats so theres no need to critique the item stats.

Fail by me. Sorry about that. :sweat_smile:

You understand that not everyone is knees-deep in anime. Right?

Awesome! You got the descriptions down. I would have pasted it into the OP post, but it’s not a big deal, I guess.

If you want the items to be in a complete set, making the items have similar themes could be something to consider, as the sudden red ruins the black-gray-yellow palette.

Look non-weeb :joy:, all the items are items that astolfo uses in the anime. I understand that the book looks like a wanker who pulled a dry one but, hey, I’m not gonna make “hippogriff feather” as the accessory! That’s fucking lame and also a feather already exists in the game. Also yes Astolfo is fucking sexy

Also i didnt post the descriptions since this was meant to be a sprite only post but I guess I shouldve posted the descriptions :thonkery:

Did you miss my statement that not everyone knows Astolfo?

But more importantly, I see in the document that this is for a private server, which is against the RotMG TOS, as well as the guidelines of this forum.

And what are those drop rates.

lol im sorry but you must be in the stone age if you’ve never seen astolfo at least once in your life. Astolfo will probably give u pp hard :sunglasses:

also i dont read the tos. i never read the tos of anything and i never will Lol

spritesheet%20for%20the%20class%20thingy-animated-20200619-232321

The robe blends too much with the dagger.

Yes, i “wasted” 20 minutes making a gif from a skin i don’t even own, or care about. The original image was 10x the required spritesheet size, and I couldn’t even halve the size on Piskel without deforming the skin. So i had resize every 8x8 sprite manually, and then use the spritesheet on @Tuvior’s tool (awesome tool btw). Now that i write this, i realize i could have used a much faster way…:angry:

Green font

spritesheet%20for%20the%20class%20thingy-animated-20200619-232732

Hi there give me crystal shield reeee

Have fun !

Never heard of Astolfo either, this is the point he’s getting at. Not everyone spends their time watching anime, nor will they be watching EVERY anime.

They should at least resemble what they are, so that people such as myself, can understand the item. I shouldn’t have to watch a cartoon to understand an item in a game with no relation to the cartoon.

You can edit your previous post. Also, the fact that you refer to anime as a cartoon displeases me greatly but I do agree that you shouldn’t have to watch something in order to understand what the skin. I think the megumin skin is a good example of a skin that looks fine on its own without the player having to known the context/anime she’s from.

I’m sorry what? He just didn’t precise where the cartoon came from (japanese cartoon), is it that displeasing?

Have you ever watched anime? I don’t believe a single person who has watched anime would refer to it as a “cartoon.” If you look up anime vs cartoon you could probably find some articles/videos arguing both sides, but generally cartoon refers to western animation while anime is eastern, but there are other things to be considered.

Aahhh, thanks for enlighting me. Didnt think there was differing sides to it. And yes I watch anime. Just never knew people were putting those terms as opposed.

I had never seen astroturf or whoever until this post. I don’t spend much time watching cartoons or animation in general anymore so this may have an effect. Kind of doubt it, though.

if i submitted the 8x8 which I have nobody wouldve been able to see it.

Also can you give me the tool? The link on reddit is like dead

EDIT; nevermind, I learned how to do it on PDN

Ye i was originally gonna make the trifas outfit, but yk the items wouldnt really fit on him then.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.