At this point, DECA perma banning all hackers would kill the game

All hacks I listed have not been fixed to my knowledge. I’m going to need proof that they have been fixed otherwise. Continuing to call my previous statements bullshit, without proof, will result into a deterioration of forum etiquette until we’re throwing ad hominem attacks around like Ickabod.

• I still get traded in USW2 or whatever the trade server is, with trades that are too perfect for items in my inventory, when I have not said anything in chat.
  • Duping is without a doubt not patched. We recently banned someone from our guild because they had duped several UTs and lost hall whites. Unless you have insider knowledge with Deca that something has miraculously been implemented within the last few months, and somehow silenced a forum that shall not be named on the matter.
  • Multiboxing has been heavily reduced in efficiency thanks to Deca’s assault on the phenomena. It used to be very common place, but it hasn’t been eradicated. Now, multibox accounts all have to be named, which means a quick video of the thing can get many accounts banned at once. But, it’s still an issue. A client who’s name rhymes with FronkLoxer, is still heavily downloaded.
  • The teleport cooldown was fixed in 2017. I stand corrected about this one.

• I would like Deca to focus on better server code once their efforts with the Unity client port are done. Then, better anti-cheat measures could be introduced. Right now, the sheer complexity and absurdness of the server code is the only obstacle. Wild Shadow did not build the game with the population it holds day. Kabam did not care about a costly reorganization of the server code, with the amount of money they could already leech from the game.
  • Autoloot can be greatly diminished (but not totally squashed) by observing the average time it takes for a client to pickup loot across an average. Whereas really fast humans might approach 80 ms, it would be easy for scripts to pick up the loot before the human player has time to visually understand the light bouncing off their screens into their retinas. As X -> 0 ms, it increases the possibility of foul play. Scripts can get around this, by adding delay to their pick up speed, but this just evens the playing field. Which, is a half victory to me.
  • I did not mention autonexus in my reply, as you had previously, vehemently, discouraged me from doing so. And so, I did not. I will not discuss autonexus, despite your contradiction.
  • Auto Aim & Auto Ability can be easily tracked by invisible enemies hidden in either the nexus, or in god lands, etc. You measure the accuracy towards the invisible enemies, and as X -> 100%, it increases the possibility of foul play. You would switch the ID of some god or boss with this invisible mob, so that hack client creators cant wise up and block a singular ID.
  • Spam has been somewhat reduced, but it is still very prevalent, damaging to new players, and annoying to everyone else. Instead of using a static spam filter, this is the perfect use for machine learning. Set up a chat bot that learns to block advertisements without restricting regular chat. Any aspiring computer programmer, myself included, can develop this in a week.
  • Ream notifications… My apologies for including it on my previous list, as the advent of discord servers have rendered this almost vanilla.
  • teleporting to nearest quest - The teleport system is heavily flawed when trying to do this naturally, sometimes you go where you intended, sometimes a player is invisible or leaves, and your teleport goes on cooldown and you don’t move, and sometimes you teleport a mile away from your intended target, followed by rage. If you track the # of times a player has teleported to the closest player, over time as accuracy -> 100%, the possibility of foul play is realized.
  • Auto account creation can be based on IP. Limit a network to create X accounts per IP per time period. Most people won’t use VPN’s to move IP addresses just for this. Some will, but it won’t be the majority.
  • Auto Response to Chat prompts can be based on response time. If it’s too fast, then it’s a script. If it’s average, or slower, then the player hacking has little to no advantage over the regular user. Half Victory.
  • fame train following - Deca has taken a hard stance against this, and so has many dungeon running servers. Beyond getting banned on sight, deca has previously used invisible enemies to detect such players. Building a system akin to my Auto Aim idea would be ideal in my mind, though I’m sure there’s tens upon hundreds of different ways to approach the issue, programmatically.

• Teleporting to godlands - automatically teleports you to godlands via the closest player, by reading which map the current realm is using. This one doesn’t have a clear solution that I can think of to counter it. A win for hackers.
  • Avoiding the nexus when you nexus - When you press “R”, or “ESC”, or whatever key you have binded, you will appear in your Vault, instead of the Nexus. I don’t know the reason WHY you would use this, but it exists, and it’s probably nefarious in nature.
  • Hacks that change the effective range of weapons like swords, daggers, bows, etc. have existed for quite a long time. I’d have to do some digging as to when this was developed, but AFAIK it’s still a feature in hack clients like those that rhyme with brazy slient.
  • The recent attacks on the server were a DDOS attack. DDOS attacks are just a bunch of DOS attacks from a botnet. Measures should be put in place to defend the servers against such attacks. Generally ISPs offer some defence, but other times it fall upon the company to do so.
  • framing other players for cheating (with a client?) - Honestly I’m getting pissed at your blatant self centeredness. Just because you don’t have knowledge of a hack, you put it into a category of "some things that don’t make sense or don’t exist. How do you even place something here if you have never heard about it? This has been a long standing feature of a client/proxy client for several years now. With someone’s username, dyes, and pets, you can record video of your own client hacking using their name, pet, dyes, etc., and more advanced versions of this hack can record this from a different players perspective. While this isn’t a traditional game hack, I think this still falls in the definition. The purpose of this, other than getting players wrongfully banned, is to delegitimize the deca support service.
  • There was a hack that could steal passwords through cached flash player data. This hack requires a P2P connection, so it is really less prevalent, as you would frequently need the trust of someone to open up their computer like that, but some kids are gullible. I do not know if this still works, but I’m happy to see it gone if it has been patched. This hack is going to fade into meaningless after the unity port however, and when flash player becomes obsolete in 2020.
  • I already covered teleporting to the nearest player to the quest above. I will not repeat myself.
  • loot bag spying - being able to see the contents of loot bags without being near the bag. Not fixed.
  • Trade delay skip - Not fixed, still see this in USW2, or 3, or whatever the server is.
  • You claim that inventory spying does not work anymore, I would like proof.
  • Auto loot was already covered above, I will not repeat myself.
  • Quest HP Bar - Lets you see the number of hit points a quest has, regardless of how far away you are from it.

• Teleporting to yourself gives you INVULNERABILITY. This makes auto nexuses so much more busted, and if you’re operating a multiboxer, you could continuously be teleporting to the front/back, becoming invincible to non piercing shots.
  • Dealing damage to specific enemies, even if you hit them client side, is broken and unfair. Not fixed.
  • reconnecting to realms, connecting to vault, to guild hall, all unfair to the vanilla client.
  • Extended vision, why would patching a hack, make the black block problem bigger? Patching it, would reduce server strain. I highly recommend getting a better internet connection if that’s your issue (if your lag isn’t client side (packet loss)).

Shalom.

im not trolling it was calculated in mch

As we all know how trustable MCH is… >_>

Source of these calculations? Hearsay only goes so far.

it is tho

hacker discord

:thinking:

“without hackers, my game would be dead”

“then maybe you dont deserve the game”

At the end of day, this is just an mmorpg game without really any ending, you grind for in game items that seems to be “cool” at the time. People will quit the game once they get bored, hacks or non hackers, hackers will probably quit sooner since they will find the game boring faster, legit players later

The game is dying mainly because, first of all, it is very old, secondly, its play style is getting out dated, I mean nowadays how many people would even look at an pixelated game lol? Furthermore, this game isn’t friendly or easy for new players, I remembered when I first started 4 years ago, I literally sat in USW2, or whatever the trading server was at the time, for almost 1 week to just get stuff like T10 sword or armor that people drops.

That site is quite trustable as it has a large community and has countless hacks for over one hundred multiplayer games, I’ve navigated through it and the stuff seems legit, although I’m just bewildered by why and who would make cheats for a game like RotMG…after [redacted] died a new [redacted] thing started, just what are these people even doing lol

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.