Aug 10th Hotfix

Crosspost from Reddit:

@moderators - to move into Developers Corner, please.

Fame box or RIOT! I loved those memes on reddit :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for posting this.

@Nevov, you misspelt Krathan.

Sad, no more double white bags.

That was fast. @Uniqourn

Hum… what? Is that about the new SB pots sprite? What did they fix about it? They look the same.

Some control over regulars?

Thanks, fixed.

Maybe refers to mystery pot? I will see if I can find an unopened one to look at.

Edit: nope, I’m seeing:

Edit2: needed to restart client, see pics below

Nope, still looks like the unSB ones. And that is maddening.

On reddit there was some talk about the corks and how it was being shown outside the bottle. My guess is the fix put the cork inside the bottle (aka the bottom of the cork is now correctly under the bottle based on our perspective)

What puzzles me is that, unless my myopia is getting the best of me, nothing has changed. They added the corks 2 days ago on on the biffy update and then announced they fixed it on this hotfix, but I see no change.

Something with that, it’s a very minor change

Eh I still don’t like. I will stick with my original comment:

Cork supposed to represent that potions are “locked” from being drunk by other players. I wanted a tiny change for regular potion sprites, not to design something new and super complicated. They are basically the same potions functionally (except for being SB), so they need simple sprites.

Having them a whole different design eh just doesn’t please me somehow.

They have literally the same sprites as regular pots, but with 2 extra pixels on top. It’s not a “whole different design”. Its supposed to do only one job: make a small difference between SB and unSB potions, so they wouldn’t look exactly the same and you could easily tell them apart without hovering over them.

People in this thread asked what was changed with this small update - sprites for SB potions now have a translucent bottle so you can see cork through it like it was suggested in the Reddit post. Loot tier/drop potions were changed for consistency as well. You can see the new sprites by refreshing your game client.

Ah! Gotcha, yeah that makes sense now. Corking the Loot potions too is a :+1: for consistency.

Yeah, seeing the fixed versions in context, they’re much better. The “old” corks with the 4 pixels seemed to dominate and make the SB pots disproportionately a lot taller, to my eyes. These ones now, much more subtle. :yellow_heart:

An interesting note: the abyss troom still drops the demon blade, I got a regular dblade just yesterday after the hotfix. I don’t know if it drops the illumination.

Off the top of my head it’s been the case in every Motmg that the Illumination has been Malphas-only.