Avatar should be an optional map marker

So, other than the “Social button” fiasco a day ago, my returning experience to RotMG has been pretty neat, checking out some of the new content that I’ve missed ever since not playing for about a year or two. I’d kind of like to point out the 2 event bosses: Lost Sentry and the Killer Bee Nest.

These 2 event bosses are special in the sense that they are optional and not required to kill to close the realm. They are indicated on the map using different coloured dots, thus they do not override the bounty marker, which means you can go about closing the realm without ever having to fight them. These bosses tend to be difficult, and seem to be oriented to a team-based battle.

And as you can tell from the title of this thread, my question is: Why hasn’t Avatar followed suit? This event boss is not extremely difficult per say, but it is a team-based fight. Avatar is also an optional event boss, so seeing all these similarities, I’m somewhat confused as to why Avatar is not an optional coloured dot on the map and still overrides the bounty marker. You could say I’m also quite tired going into an empty realm and seeing that dreaded thing as my Bounty marker.

well i personally think the extra dot is insanely stupid since i cant tell the difference in colours, i just use my best judgement most of the time. Despite that. ive had to nexus right after since i tp to the wrong one many time and missing the actual event i wanted to go to.

But i have a stem off idea from this post, an optional setting in the settings that lets us see the extra dot on the map, it would include nest boss and avatar.

Tbh I want the sentry and the nest ( at least with the bees out) to be quests too, so more people would do them.

Well boy howdy, do I got news for you…

I do think that there should be more consistency among the endgame dungeons. Either make all of them required, or none of them.

You can’t see the difference between black-blue, Maroon, and light red?

HAOW

These two get muffled when there’s a cluster of players around them.

For consistency they should make all required or all not. Especially since hp scaling takes everyone in the realm, it makes it hard for people who want to do an event when nobody else is doing it.

@Seelpit lol sorry when I’m in bed I’m lazy and don’t read other replies xd

honestly no, especially when its so small surrounded by black and overlapped by yellow dots.

Avatar is not required to close the realm :
image (from realmeye)

actually my biggest issue is that the lh quest marker is so dark blue. I can’t see the dot at all on my completely black map unless I look very carefully which pretty much never happens. combine that with the lack of quest marker for it and I almost never realize that it even exists until it’s dead and the opportunity is already gone.

Oh yeah, that’s true. Avatar sitting when invincible, haha.
In such a case, I should correct it to:

But if you dont have the quest markers for liches, ents &co. then closing is waaaaaay harder.

Totally agreed, that’s a non sense right now

Yep, gotta get someone under level20 to find the quests

I’ll do you one better
Make Lost Sentry, Killer Be Hive, and Crystal Prisoner required to close realm (although Crystal would have no quest marker to keep it hidden, but the Prisoner themselves would be a quest)

or make it a quest once its activated

Decides to read literally the next 8 words

I was taking about the active, but not cracked crystal and you seemed to be talking about the prisoner that spawns after the crystal is destroyed

Ah, i see

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.