Baby God Pets

Getting so hard these days to find people I can actually respect.[quote=“YinYarn, post:40, topic:10094, full:true”]
Get something to drink, we’re people over the internet playing a game where we play as Knights and Wizards and shoot creatures like werewolves. No need to make an essay about it, you might need some green tea, that helps with the nerves.
[/quote]

That’s fair, and I’m just saying that I personally enjoyed them and don’t see the problem with them. What i’d really like is for someone else to try and take one of the babies that they didn’t exactly like and fix it to /show/ me how it could have been better so that I don’t have to think about what other peoples ideas are. I’m one of those people that just can’t understand if you just write it out, I need to see it for myself, I’m a very visual guy, it’s what I do.

Wow a youtuber actually used this for once.

┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

So most of the sprites are actually pretty good: the djinn, sprite, ent, brain, and beholder. However, getting to the other ones, I found them okay. In this case, the medusa, ghost, constructs, leviathan, slime, and white demon.

How I would suggest fixing them:
White Demon- If there’s a way you can space him out a little more, I would recommend it since you can’t see his arms defined from his wings.
Slime God- The slime god’s eyes could probably be elevated.
Medusa- Yes I know in the original sprite the medusa head faces more forward, but doing the same with the mini sprite is kinda ugly, and I suggest that maybe the right eye is moved left 1 pixel.
Ghost God- Personally I think the mini ghost god looks too sideways compared to the normal one, see if you can move the body slightly downward if you can.
Constructs- the arms seem to thing compared to the rest of the body.

These are however my opinion, and opinions can change. Overall the sprites look pretty good

The sprites aren’t bad, I haven’t been able to look at them again since I’m unable to what the video right now, so keep in mind these are all off first impressions.

So with that said, I feel like you haven’t put enough unique characteristics into them. What I mean is that they are way scaled down… but that’s about where it stops, they look exactly like the god they represent. The pets have the same shape and shading as they’re parent god, almost as though you scaled the image and used it as a guide.

Not saying this is terrible, but as a baby you would expect they have different characteristics to they’re god.

Some things to think about may be.
If you had Alted the head / eyes could you make them cuter?
On perhaps posing them in a different way would have had the same effect?
Maybe scaling down / up different features out of proportion to the parent?
Anyway some points to think about.

The presentation was absolutely stunning as always. Although to be completely honest, if you had leaked on of the in progress sprites out to the community, and I don’t just mean your subs, before the video you would likely of predicted this feedback and maybe changed the sprites.

I would just like to say thankyou for the extremely high quality content in the rotmg side of YouTube. Keep up the good work!

I think they are adorable, and I have no problem with this idea. Although I do agree with the opinion that some of the sprites are a little wonky.

I believe that all the changes @Ickabod made were improvements, and the only one left out I feel needs additional work is the baby ghost god, but good luck with that, because I have no idea how to make that look better.

Wanted to apologize for my behavior. I really blew up and went off on a rant with you there, but that was because I was running on really little sleep as I had only gotten 2-3 hours of sleep yesterday as I was finishing up that video pretty long into the night and had to wake up early for work, but I went ahead and relaxed and rested a bit. No excuse for me to just press out all my stress on you like that, so I’m sorry. I appreciate that you were just trying to put in your comment and that you’re a fan of my work, hope you can forgive me.

I like your medusa a lot and all the reasoning behind it but the other I dislike the whole you changed them/ liked them in the first place. I realize my opinion must not be very popular because of the amount of likes on your post but I like how you managed to ‘save’ the medusa from it looking really weird (sorta like an idiot)

I Ok here we go: I really like the beholder because it looks really cute with most of the body taken up by the eye, but it might be too big. I also love the brain, exept the middle bit (whatever it is) should be bigger I think, but perfect color. Now the constructs: they are really nice and definable, their legs and arms are easily distinguished from the main body, but the brown constructs eyes are such a weird color, even though you are using the color pallet of the original sprites they are my least favourite normal god. The djinn is perfect, you captured all of the right floors and shapes, but when I first saw it I thought it was very different than the normal one: so it takes some getting used to. The ent is also great, perfect colours and placement with attention to detail and looks very similar to the normal ent. Now the ghost God needs fixing: it’s either too tilted to the left/down or its arms are too prominent, but I have no proper solutions for this, I am garbage at spriting I can say that the eyes and mouth look good but the body needs fixing. The leviathan is nice but the mouth is weird and distorted, there just isn’t enough room to show it all. Now I see where you were going with the medusa but it is too fat, too much space between the eyes but maybe you could keep the rest? Now the slime is all kinds of messed up: the eyes don’t fit which makes the mouth not fit and it just doesn’t work, maybe you could shrink the eyes/have less of them? Again I have no idea cus I barely ever sprite. The sprite god is also great and cute, you got the chubby baby on this. And finally the white demon: he/she/it is really good, the colors make it obvious which baby it is, and the size work descent with this one too. All in all this deserves a solid 8-9/10 or 8.5/10 with the djinn being my favourite.

Love the idea. My only gripe with it is having to add more white bags to check off my list. :stuck_out_tongue:
Great video!

No need to apologize. I’ll be the first to admit I rated this too lowly, and I didn’t provide any suggestions to improve these. To do that, I’d suggest making the Medusa less chubby (I know that was the point, but personally, I think it looks kinda derpy), trying a total redraw of the Ghost God (it just looks like a blob) and lowering the Beholder eye a bit to make it look better.

Overall, I accept your apology, and I hope I haven’t taken any motivation away from you. I’d also like to apologize for how I was less constructive than usual in my post and for originally rating this so low.

Good point, do whatever you want Yin.

Those brought tears to my eyes, guys. So good to see this kind of behaviour.

So @YinYarn, did you consider what I suggested before?

I like all of these except the white demon

Can’t really see it’s wings. ;-;

Oh yeah sure, I’ll post the lot of them on this page so you don’t have to keep going back.

No worries. I can understand why you’d want some constructive criticism instead of “reeee its ugly”. Personally my qualms are that one of the Ghost God’s eyes blend in too much with the background and that the medusa looks a bit cross-eyed but overall great job, good execution. These are my ideas for pet families:

Medusa, White Demon, Leviathan - Reptilian
Constructs - Automaton
Djinn, Ghost - Spooky
Brain, Slime, Beholder, Sprite - ???
Ent - Woodland
Edit: lol forgot ghost god

ghost gods arent spooky?

The Medusa, the Constructs, the Flying Brain and the Djinn looks so extremely obese.

Baby fat.