Balance Changes & Dungeon Cap Update [X.32.7.0]

Good eyes! Yeah, they mean cloaking time.

after playing with this update a bit, this change needs to be reverted a bit

getting a shit load of potions wasn’t good for the game, but getting only a mark constantly makes void feel like an ice cave.

instead of removing guaranteed potions entirely they should’ve just reduced the amount you’re guaranteed.

I really don’t like the rapid increase in stats of the new t14 and t15 armors. The increase in damage of the weapons are overall steady and understandable, but with the newly buffed armors, suddenly we see an increase in things like 2 def along with other stats the specific armor has to offer. Doing this will make many UT/harder to obtain armors useless.

Take the Armor of Nil for example. It offers +24 def -4spd, whereas the t15 leather armor will offer +21 def +7 dex. You are sacrificing 7 dex and 4 spd for a meager 3 def by going with the Armor of Nil. In addition, many standard STs such as the soulless robe have been rendered useless with the update, as these preexisting armors just can’t compete with the buffed t14s and t15s. The way I see it, DECA should bring the t15/t14 armors down to their original stats.

I have no idea why DECA decided to buff the t14 armors after increasing their drop rates. Thoughts?

that’s basically the point in doing this, they said they were going to keep balancing around WC tops instead of balancing around the new/very new tops so the newer tops will be used more.

Exactly. My point is I do not see the need in doing this. Even the original stats of the t14/t15 armors have their benefits towards more specific stat bearing UT armors. Why would DECA want the newer tops to be used more? RotMG has always been a game of obtaining different gear for a specific equipment slot, but I fear doing this will make many of the said pre-existing UT armors useless.

(from PT: Bard Class and Tiered Item Changes)

instead of having “any particular quirk” they’re just direct upgrades

hopefully, to counteract this, currently existing armours, and maybe even entirely new armours, can be made to be actually unique and helpful for different situations, rather than just having flat stats because that’s boring.

kinda like they’ve done for some items, like the alien armours and some of the new ST abilities.

Maybe to make up for some of these tiered item buffs, more UTs could have more of the effect-on-hit type of capabilities that have recently been added to new items? Though this would only contribute to powercreep, so who knows?

If they’re brokenly OP, but I don’t see this being an issue if they’re not balanced badly.

Lord, we’ve got items aplenty that already use that type of mechanic! I’d much rather see some more unique proc-activation requirements, or even the ability to only bee able to get a proc with specific equipment (such as, idk, Entropy’s procs or somefin).

Though I will agree that some UTs could get slightly more unique roles (COUGH MAD ROBE COUGH) to at least make them stand out a tad against the tiered ones.
Stuff like FDBA and Leaf Hide, for instance.

I got 3, twice in a day

they could make fdba immune to lava just imagine

I like the idea of UTs being better in their specific biomes, like dblade in Shaitan, or coral set in reef

oh man if they could make dblade useful in more than literally a single instance that would be great.

The returned Beer God seems to have been left in the 2019 Oktoberfest version (patch notes from the time), with a lot of HP, and growing larger as the fight goes on, compared to the original Beer God which was over in seconds & small sprite.

Yes, biome-related things could be an awesome addition, I had a past idea that pets could be affected, so pet families would have some tangible meaning (and allowing switch of pet once per dungeon) and a reason to build multiple pets.

Yep again, we’ve got all these cool environments so make use of them more!
They could make lava inflict a status effect that did increasing damage, with certain equipment like FDBA lessening the impact, or immune. Hot lava/magma would be a higher or escalating damage so the gear would really shine there.

Thinking on, there could even be a 9th stat for Endurance that would lessen terrain effect on a player. Less dmg from lava if you had high END. Underwater you could go longer without air, in sand you wouldn’t be as slow. A wealth of unmined possibilities.

I suppose that’s true, but the end result is not having to pay 24 life potions for anything of value. I’m sure people will whine about it for a while, like the abyss nerf, and then steadily stop caring as much.

This isn’t even an argument. Apparently using a feature that trivializes the game is bad and makes your opinion invalid?

Exactly! This is a big change, and game communities always get used to them. Rarely do they ever hurt the communities a huge amount.
Back when Overwatch put in the limit on hero amounts a couple years ago, people were upset, but the communities didn’t get hurt that badly, and the game went to a much better spot.

are you two sure about that? because I can’t find any reason for that to be true:

the only difference between these two (aside from trivial number changes and whatever) is the <Soulbound/> tag on splendor, which only makes it soulbound and nothing else. the <Tier> tag is the important one here, and both of them have it. a “UT” item is just any piece of equipment that doesn’t have a <Tier> tag on it. when an enemy has a line that says “drop tier x - y weapon” it’ll pull any weapon that has a <Tier> in between x and y. that’s why for the christmas event where only tiered item reskins dropped instead of the originals that the non-reskinned tiered items all suddenly became “UT” temporarily, they had their <Tier> tags commented out or whatever to make them not appear in the “drop some tier item” item pool.

LH tops are definitely tiered items still and I can’t think of any reason for them to be unaffected by loot tier potions

I belive the info on that is probably in the loot tables, or in the data for the loot boosters/clovers

I didn’t find any quotable source for that, but there are so many people that said they aren’t affected and I got so many t12 weapons in voids with clovers, that the loot boosting effect of clovers has to be really bad in general if they’re affected

Okay, but why give Priest more vitality? Self-healing is the one thing they don’t need. It could Wisdom or MP would make much more sense. Thematically and gameplay-wise.

:man_shrugging: