Balance Changes & Dungeon Cap Update [X.32.7.0]

[

I’m pretty sure you’re the only one that could be considered a forum complainer.

What?

Alright now I’m pissed. I love the balance changes.

However, unless I ignore my student debt, and try to buy keys, I’m merde out of luck when it comes to dungeon run Lost Halls. I’ve wasted an hour of my life joining queues, getting to location, and seeing “Dungeon is full”.

I’m at a loss. At least 30 runs so far, I have failed to enter. I can’t increase my reaction time to joining a server. I’m pretty much forced to play trickster if I want to get into the bazaar in time. And even at that, the load times to join the nexus and portal just fuck me over. Not to sound like an elitist representation of male genitalia, but I have a multi-thousand dollar computer. My internet is 450MB/s Up and 25MB/s Down. I live in the US with good ping.

Over the course of two hours, I was only able do complete a cult and a void. And by the time we reached void, there was only 38 people. The dungeon cap is too high for the pub LH discord, and SBC doesn’t run often, so I’m left between p2w and just not doing end game dungeons.

Uh… It is possible to obtain 2 chests per 12 months without paying $$.

I spent total of 130 USD in the game (30$ for pet food, not worth it for me anymore…) and 100$ for 2-3 dozens of chests. So far.

I myself, do give a crap to F2P as well, but some things need to balance out the others. Now my goal is getting my pet to Divine without spending dollars for pet foods further more (practically P2W and F2P strategy).

And this is where LH 2.05 comes in!

…wait, fuck, never mind, that’s not coming anytime soon. Uhm…attempt Realm-dropped runs as a trickster, the class that matches up the best against Crusades, which otherwise demolish such runs…? I guess?

(On a more serious note, I defs agree that LH and its items are too barred off from the General Public™)

The drop rates from dungeons such as WLab, DDocks, CDepths, and Ice Cave were only ever nerfed. Their whites weren’t buffed and their Life/Mana potions are already hard to get! At least buff their whites too! You’re gonna buff the drop rates for god lands dungeons but not for these?

On that topic I was angling towards the LH UT’s to be specific, but I worded it a little wrong and included the nest ones by accident. Adding to what Seelpit said about Stinger, the two drawbacks are only a big damage decrease from most daggers and a small range decrease, which isn’t that big of a deal when you have yourself a Bone Dagger on steroids anyway.

On the topic of beehelm not doing much DPS, it has a 50% target curse chance upon use, and you can get the full 6 seconds of berserk while not moving at a ridiculous ~75 spd depending on your set. Though, that is kind of a bummer in some situations like rushing most dungeons, or participating in an an intense keyper chase. There’s also a second drawback: The -4 def and -20 HP from T6 helm, which decreases your survivability in exchange for some extra damage, because as a wise man once said, “…but who even cares about getting hurt when you’re blowing stuff up in one hit anyways…??

'Specially cause legendary+ pets are a thing. But yeah, in the first place I didn’t even mean to group nest whites into the explained category even if it was relevant, so thanks for catching that one.

I think that the current issues regarding difficulty of joining halls runs are inevitable and will fade over time as the community adapts to the change.

Even if the cap was just set to actually work at 85, there’d still be many people not being able to join runs in pub because pub afk checks often have over 100 people reacting. Should Deca revert that change? I don’t think so, because eventually either pub halls will adapt (by having more runs open at a given time so hopefully everyone can join a run), or the community outside of that will adapt (by creating more halls discords/increasing activity of existing halls discords that aren’t pub halls).

The key word is “eventually”. No drastic change will happen overnight. If you’re upset over not being able to get into a run, others definitely are as well, and some of those people will seek to create change.

I don’t think it makes sense for Deca to revert a change when the community is very capable of adapting to the change and making things work out. If Deca reverted every game balance change they made because people complained that they couldn’t keep doing exactly what they were doing rather than adapting to the change, we’d absolutely be getting nowhere. I’m really glad that Deca made this change, as drastic as it is.

Same here, as I said before I love everything about this update, even if I did miss a few halls and couldn’t even get void marks for daily quests, what you said is true. Too many possibly important balancing changes already have been held back just because of the community’s negative feedback on it, and like I said earlier,

Throughout history, us as a community and those before us had to adapt to nerfed chest event droprates, Ammies being gone, life potion costs for items being high because of the shot economy, not being able to cheese certain bosses… all sorts of in-game issues, some not even seen as in-game issues anymore because we’ve adapted to them already. What did most of us do? We played anyway, and if we quit because of it, 99.989% of us came back at some point. We’ll be able to get used to something new that’s helpful to the game in long-term perspective, can’t we? I think we can. :slight_smile:

This was the goal, wasn’t it?

Fool Moobattle, the goal was to stop massive raids on hives to make the elusive honey scepter rarer!

Damn, you got me

I too, am frustrated with failing to get into many LH discord runs. The odds of getting seem pretty bad when 100+ (and sometimes 150+) react, and 20 people are already in bazaar for a full skip.

I see the frustration at DECA after every missed run. However I think the problem is the Discords themselves knowingly letting in far more people then will get in. This is moreso a 3rd party problem.

They are trying to fix the problem atm, getting more runs going, increasing reqs, hesitantly discussing channel caps. But there will be a painful transition period.

But long-term I believe it will be worth it, with the decreased lag, more challenging end-game, better economy, and better chance for the UTs we all desire.

Aside from the topic of being unable to make it into the dungeon in the first place, this is a friendly reminder not to be disappointed when the only thing in your loot bag is a mark. If you’re interested in more loot, keep at least 3 of each halls marks [colo/void/cult] on hand at once [or more] if you’ve got the space for it, and wait for the quest to roll around at reset time. That’s what I do. I don’t more than 3-4 halls a day, when I even do them at all, which all depends on if I get the void/cult/colo-related quests. :slight_smile:

On a side note, I’m not sure if the drop rates for the items themselves have also been buffed from the quest chests, as from the last two Void ones I’ve opened, I’ve gotten a T13 bow, and another dropped a Sourcestone. But hey, maybe I’m just lucky with chests as of recently. However, I seriously suggest completing quests towards people who also want potions. Marks exist for a reason!

I know it is somewhat unpopular for me to say this, but Lost Halls / Events were never really about whites for me.

Events gave me a small chance to get that cool skin that I could never get (I had bad experiences with pretty much ever mystery box I opened).

Halls gave me fame.

In all honesty you can jack up the white rates but I still say the only S tier white that comes from halls is MSEAL. Nothing else is really game changing.

I truly didn’t care if I got a white at the end of halls I just did it mostly for the enjoyable experience and the fame.

I feel the same way about the events I mostly did them because it was fun to bum rush dungeons with massive amounts of players.

It was also fun to hear the RL banter and some of the crazy and wacky chat events.

Ultimately it felt fun to just do something in a discord in an organized fashion.

The discord problem is really on full display now. When I shy away from discord ques of 100+ individuals, I genuinely find myself struggling to find things to do.

The discords in a way felt like a guild (most ingame guilds are flaky to say the least) and now it feels like they’ve cut off a large portion of the community.

I’ve talked about this before and I understand why they did it, but it’s still super frustrating and makes the game actually quite lonely.

I’m not even going to try to argue with you or get any sort of “point” across; there is quite sadly no point in even doing that and I know the result: Unnecessary forum drama. I’ve seen it many times with the other forum users.

It doesn’t get anybody anywhere. If you liked huge Discord runs, I’m not gonna just mindlessly bash you about it, but do realize how the community’s going to adapt to such changes. 65 people is still a lot, y’know. And on top of that, with new Discords popping up, maybe different ones will be home to new communities you can enjoy being part of. You don’t need 170 people to do one halls.

Anyways…

The goal of my post you replied to was to let other players know that the mark bag isn’t a bad thing when running Halls and should be appreciated more. What happened in the update? Potion drop rates aren’t very high anymore, and it’s harder to make it into a halls run as of now, but drops of interest are a little more common. What was I communicating with my post? How to make the smaller portion of time players spent in the halls just a little more worthwhile and less disappointing. That’s literally it, simple as that. I could care less if you cared less about whites than you think I thought you did.

Omni droprate buff, guess I’ll visit RotMG in a while.

this. PLEASE add guild vc in Unity.

Seriously underestimating how much time that could take to program in order to implement something that would probably be inferior to other apps anyway. You’d have to be able to handle several hundred/thousand calls at a time between servers, maybe allow players to stay in a call even on the main menu, etc. Plus it could mean you’d have to monitor what’s being said across the VC which, given the… ahem attitude of some players could just create more work for Deca.

just use discord 4head

For new patch see: Patch Notes [X.32.7.1] & St. Patrick's Day Events