Balance Changes & Dungeon Cap Update [X.32.7.0]

LH tops were coded into the game as UTs I believe for that specific purpose

Assassins can stand far away from the enemies, allowing them to easily dodge and stay in in-combat mode, far more effectively than most other classes and allowing them to make full use of their pet.

Wait, so you’re saying that the hardest dungeon in the game might now require skill? We certainly can’t have that!

It’s a slippery slope. There’s an old saying that “you can either be right or be happy”.

It seems that Deca is trying to be in the “right” by aiming to make the game an environment where people die often.

Honestly it’s not going to end well.

The truth is people don’t like dying and starting over. I’d argue the game has continued to be liked largely because people have been able to avoid dying.

The screening process wouldn’t be such a big deal if there were lots of active and thriving ROTMG communities. As it stands Pub Halls is pretty much the only community the game has.

What?
Game balances happen. Deal with it.

As usual, you’re so focused completely on your entire viewpoint that you fail to consider the bigger picture.

For example: You die due to being so used to 100 people or a pet carrying your sorry ass, or you don’t make it into a LH because of the cap. That means the patch is bad, right?

Think of it this way: none of the dungeons or realms were designed to have people over the player limit cap. It existed for a reason.

The majority of dungeons in the game were also not balanced for OOC/IC.

Discord servers flooding into a bazzar all at once to bypass the player limit was in essence abusing a glitch, which has now been patched.

Like I said, it wasn’t “right” that over 100 people could get into a dungeon but it made them happy. You’re going to get lots of hard feelings with this change as a result.

I don’t see your sorry ass releasing your divine pet either.

Just because people are happy about the way things are doesn’t mean it should stay broken.

You don’t see me complaining about OOC either.

I also f2p’d the pet to divine

Here comes armies of Omni rings!

You and seel and a bunch of other forumers just sit on here and whine that the game is too *easy hoping Kiddforce will cook up some new crazy disaster that nobody participates in.

Your whole goal is to grind the game down to fit into your Dark Souls vision.

What?

The game isn’t hard.

You’re the only person saying the game is hard.

Have… you played any game other than rotmg?

Do you even know what this means?

My apologies. I meant “too easy”.

Please do not insult me. I apologize for insulting you back.

I said my initial impressions of the update were frustrating. I’ll continue to look into it.

But I feel certain the game isn’t that easy for a large swath of the playerbase and many people don’t even get to 8/8.

It’s so much easier to get 8/8 now than years ago.

This game is definitely not a hard game to learn, and keeping the full LHs which make the game unpleasant to play for anyone with a non-gaming computer would just make the game harder for anyone without a high-end computer.
I feel certain that a large swath of the playerbase doesn’t have such a computer, and don’t enjoy playing with 15 fps.

[quote=“CandyShi, post:32, topic:54233”]
don’t enjoy playing with 15 fps.
[/quote
Candyshi doesn’t need to be pinged
Me: gets 15 fps in vault

Cloaks

Tier MP Range Boost DEX/SPD
0 55 2.5 0/0
1 60 3 0/0
2 65 3.5 0/3
3 70 4 0/5
4 75 4.5 3/5
5 80 5 4/5
6 85 5.5 5/5

Uh range boost? Define, explain, defend your answer.

Good eyes! Yeah, they mean cloaking time.

after playing with this update a bit, this change needs to be reverted a bit

getting a shit load of potions wasn’t good for the game, but getting only a mark constantly makes void feel like an ice cave.

instead of removing guaranteed potions entirely they should’ve just reduced the amount you’re guaranteed.

I really don’t like the rapid increase in stats of the new t14 and t15 armors. The increase in damage of the weapons are overall steady and understandable, but with the newly buffed armors, suddenly we see an increase in things like 2 def along with other stats the specific armor has to offer. Doing this will make many UT/harder to obtain armors useless.

Take the Armor of Nil for example. It offers +24 def -4spd, whereas the t15 leather armor will offer +21 def +7 dex. You are sacrificing 7 dex and 4 spd for a meager 3 def by going with the Armor of Nil. In addition, many standard STs such as the soulless robe have been rendered useless with the update, as these preexisting armors just can’t compete with the buffed t14s and t15s. The way I see it, DECA should bring the t15/t14 armors down to their original stats.

I have no idea why DECA decided to buff the t14 armors after increasing their drop rates. Thoughts?

that’s basically the point in doing this, they said they were going to keep balancing around WC tops instead of balancing around the new/very new tops so the newer tops will be used more.

Exactly. My point is I do not see the need in doing this. Even the original stats of the t14/t15 armors have their benefits towards more specific stat bearing UT armors. Why would DECA want the newer tops to be used more? RotMG has always been a game of obtaining different gear for a specific equipment slot, but I fear doing this will make many of the said pre-existing UT armors useless.

(from PT: Bard Class and Tiered Item Changes)

instead of having “any particular quirk” they’re just direct upgrades

hopefully, to counteract this, currently existing armours, and maybe even entirely new armours, can be made to be actually unique and helpful for different situations, rather than just having flat stats because that’s boring.

kinda like they’ve done for some items, like the alien armours and some of the new ST abilities.

Maybe to make up for some of these tiered item buffs, more UTs could have more of the effect-on-hit type of capabilities that have recently been added to new items? Though this would only contribute to powercreep, so who knows?