Balance Changes & Dungeon Cap Update [X.32.7.0]

If they’re brokenly OP, but I don’t see this being an issue if they’re not balanced badly.

Lord, we’ve got items aplenty that already use that type of mechanic! I’d much rather see some more unique proc-activation requirements, or even the ability to only bee able to get a proc with specific equipment (such as, idk, Entropy’s procs or somefin).

Though I will agree that some UTs could get slightly more unique roles (COUGH MAD ROBE COUGH) to at least make them stand out a tad against the tiered ones.
Stuff like FDBA and Leaf Hide, for instance.

I got 3, twice in a day

they could make fdba immune to lava just imagine

I like the idea of UTs being better in their specific biomes, like dblade in Shaitan, or coral set in reef

oh man if they could make dblade useful in more than literally a single instance that would be great.

The returned Beer God seems to have been left in the 2019 Oktoberfest version (patch notes from the time), with a lot of HP, and growing larger as the fight goes on, compared to the original Beer God which was over in seconds & small sprite.

Yes, biome-related things could be an awesome addition, I had a past idea that pets could be affected, so pet families would have some tangible meaning (and allowing switch of pet once per dungeon) and a reason to build multiple pets.

Yep again, we’ve got all these cool environments so make use of them more!
They could make lava inflict a status effect that did increasing damage, with certain equipment like FDBA lessening the impact, or immune. Hot lava/magma would be a higher or escalating damage so the gear would really shine there.

Thinking on, there could even be a 9th stat for Endurance that would lessen terrain effect on a player. Less dmg from lava if you had high END. Underwater you could go longer without air, in sand you wouldn’t be as slow. A wealth of unmined possibilities.

I suppose that’s true, but the end result is not having to pay 24 life potions for anything of value. I’m sure people will whine about it for a while, like the abyss nerf, and then steadily stop caring as much.

This isn’t even an argument. Apparently using a feature that trivializes the game is bad and makes your opinion invalid?

Exactly! This is a big change, and game communities always get used to them. Rarely do they ever hurt the communities a huge amount.
Back when Overwatch put in the limit on hero amounts a couple years ago, people were upset, but the communities didn’t get hurt that badly, and the game went to a much better spot.

are you two sure about that? because I can’t find any reason for that to be true:

the only difference between these two (aside from trivial number changes and whatever) is the <Soulbound/> tag on splendor, which only makes it soulbound and nothing else. the <Tier> tag is the important one here, and both of them have it. a “UT” item is just any piece of equipment that doesn’t have a <Tier> tag on it. when an enemy has a line that says “drop tier x - y weapon” it’ll pull any weapon that has a <Tier> in between x and y. that’s why for the christmas event where only tiered item reskins dropped instead of the originals that the non-reskinned tiered items all suddenly became “UT” temporarily, they had their <Tier> tags commented out or whatever to make them not appear in the “drop some tier item” item pool.

LH tops are definitely tiered items still and I can’t think of any reason for them to be unaffected by loot tier potions

I belive the info on that is probably in the loot tables, or in the data for the loot boosters/clovers

I didn’t find any quotable source for that, but there are so many people that said they aren’t affected and I got so many t12 weapons in voids with clovers, that the loot boosting effect of clovers has to be really bad in general if they’re affected

Okay, but why give Priest more vitality? Self-healing is the one thing they don’t need. It could Wisdom or MP would make much more sense. Thematically and gameplay-wise.

:man_shrugging:

I like almost all of the changes but what I dont like is the lower dungeon cap. Just make LH drop less Pots and no Tops and the Economy is fine, why punish Players with worse Connection (never making it in Time for Discord runs) or in my case just playing in the EU and thus not having the fastest load time on US servers. I personally never had lag issues before in big player runs but that might only be me. I hope something changes and I can run LH again publically without nitro boosting Discord servers ot something like that.
Also I don’t care about pots or tops, I just want my Chance at the white bags, which is now basically gone except if i kill sentrys and solo it?
Well however i like the other Changes.

The exploitable player cap resulted in a lot of lag for most players, including a number of deaths (which they promptly blamed on DECA, ofc). The lower cap is likely to greatly reduce lag, and improve boss fight quality by making it harder to steamroll fights.

I’m sorry that connections are an issue when you play, but it’s hard to improve things for everyone at once. Hopefully Unity helps your connection problems.

I LOVE literally everything about this update, from the potion droprate nerfs, to the tiered item stat buffs, and the untiered item droprate buffs. Tiered items have long needed some attention, and as someone who does indeed notice the bigger picture in-game, this entire update is nothing but a good thing for the game.

For the longest time, I have wanted to see every wine cellar top removed from Lost Halls in particular, but the fact that they were even removed from other sources like the epic dungeons is even more appealing. That means the value of these items will go back up and the market that is the trade server will be able to thrive once again, or, at least begin to. Another notable thing regarding trading is that there will no longer be a constant flow of life potions circulating within the game’s economy, allowing old and new players alike to see that vigorously farming Lost Halls isn’t how you max your character, and that you achieve that through trading and farming the lesser dungeons that were intended to be farmed, at least, a little more than before this update.

With what @Hemming said about the nest potion nerf, I couldn’t imagine people spam running nests just for the pots, the sole reason being because halls became an unreliable source, like, that’d be kinda sad to watch the game go straight from Realm of the Lost Halls to Realm of The Nest, wouldn’t it? Besides, both of these dungeons drop something no dungeon did before Deca took over: A significant amount of fame from minions and the boss, and UTs that are actually very, very powerful, some of the most versatile and best in the game with unique and almost minimal drawbacks, which, with the Lost Halls weapons in specific have their drawbacks eliminated by, dare I say it, cheaters. However that’s not the point of the topic, so the point is, this update is just pure logic and balancing; If you’re able to obtain fame and powerful UTs at a high risk of a character death, you shouldn’t ALSO be able to achieve the same basic stat potions needed to prepare your character for the same dungeon. It literally makes doing many Lost Halls feel like an endless loop, in it’s own separate realm of hopelessness, and not even in the way that was intended by the dungeon designers themselves.

Adding to the challenge, we also see that there is now a less bypass-able player limit on dungeons. A smaller group means more skill is actually needed to complete the dungeon. Will there be more failed halls runs? Yes. Will there be more deaths? Yes. Will you not make it into the dungeon sometimes, at a higher rate than before? Yep.

But Deca was even forgiving enough to make the choice to compensate for this, and thus increased the drop rates on Tier 13 Weapons and Tier 14 armors across the board for every dungeon that drops them, and even buff them to be substantial upgrades from one another! On top of that, every Lost Halls UT armor has received at least a +2 def increase, and the droprate of every halls UT has been increased, adding back to the original objective of the dungeon I always had in mind since the day it had been released: Risk the lives of your 8/8 characters for a chance at the most treasured untiered items.

Now, in response to the Omni image @Flos posted, I’ll be amazed to see how many Omnis will be on characters too, but you have to remember, the game is balanced around permanent death, so you’ll be seeing many more dead omni characters as well across Realmeye. Congrats on the drop, and stay alive with yours.

I do also understand, that it is very easy to be okay with all the changes when you’re only missing a few LH whites, almost entirely play the game for pet levels, mark hunting for daily quests, achieving base fame on characters without fametraining or spamming halls, actually enjoy having to dodge bullets, and having fun with friends who like doing the same things, so I genuinely do take everyone’s viewpoint into consideration, but I have to have my own thoughts too.

So, overall, I love the update, and in my personal opinion this is mostly a positive change, the only negative thing being the uh, well… negative feedback, specifically from veteran players who have become too accustomed to the stale loop of the game to see the good in having a game work it’s way towards better balance, and thus resist such beneficial, systematic change.

P.S: I typed this about a year ago, and the topics I touched actually go somewhat in line with this update, along with a couple interesting things that may or may not be a good idea. It’s the community’s decision so, lemme know what you guys think about it!

So much for not being able to do anything about the economy, huh…?

And yeah I didn’t have my image back then but it’s okay, I have it now.

@Ikage If it helps any, you could join Spooky Boi Central, an EU-centered Lost Halls Discord. Just beware that they get memed a lot for being inactive [almost never starting runs] with good reason. I also left them a while back when their runs became an unreliable source of fame on my main characters due to fullskip runs becoming a concept there. That’s more of a personal issue though. They aren’t a bad Discord at all… besides the inactivity. If you’re not already there I can go get the invite link.

Though bee helm is the highest dps helm, it doesn’t do that much dps. Stinger only outdamages other daggers at like sixty something def

That’s cause it pierces. You have potentially much higher effective DPS in places with crowded enemies or with bosses trying to use enemies as shields; prominent respective examples are the Royal Cnidarian’s and (ironically) the Killer Bee Queen’s final phases.

Oryx also is a good example; O1 has artifacts and minions, O2 has the respawning henchmen in his first phase. Plus both have high def. Other examples? Cube god, skull shrine, stheno in second phase if you somehow don’t kill her before then, malphas with the invincible explody artifact things and demons in last phase, septavius, etc. Plus it can make clearing significantly easier; udl, shatter spawners, literally anything that has two or more enemies that you can hit.
Piercing is a very useful tool which, combined with armor piercing, is what makes stinger good.