Best 5 Classes in a group?

In total, there are fourteen classes, but which classes are best used together in a small party?

The five I believe to be the most effective are listed below with the most useful shown first.

Paladin
Mystic
Huntress
Trickster
Knight

Why these classes?
I’ll explain each one and explain why I didn’t choose certain classes.

The Paladin is the lifeline of this party, he keeps them alive while also enhancing their overall DPS.

The Mystic is the main supporting role in which she creates openings for attacks in combat amongst other things.

The Huntress is crowd control, with her piercing bows she can clear groups of lesser minions with ease and can turn the tide of battle by slowing the opponent.

The Trickster is the group’s mobility, she can access areas the others cannot with extreme speed. She can also use her decoy to distract the enemy and lead them away from the group.

The Knight is the party’s bulwark, he insures the safety of the other members by protecting them with his body and briefly eliminating the opponent’s firepower.

The group as a whole work together to tear through monsters while still sharing the same rewards. Thier DPS is fair overall leaving no one behind in loot.

Why not have a Warrior? The Warrior would throw the group’s DPS off balance causing the Mystic to rarely obtain loot as she relies on her personal berserk buff while stealing loot from other party members.

Why not have a Priest? The priest’s DPS is phenomenally low and a Paladin’s buff is enough for the current set-up.

Most other classes either perform worst than the current classes or are more solo-oriented and not as useful to the group.

Feel free to share what you believe to be the best five classes in a party. They don’t have to be different classes and you can use two or more characters in your example instead of specifically five.

I’d hope this topic would be at least semi-useful for a guild or group of friends looking for a way to maximize their co-op gameplay. (I personally don’t see enough cooperation than I think I should in a game like RotMG.)

[POLL] What is your favorite class? (personally)
I don't know what to do
Best backup class
Favorite classes?
What classes are easy to rebuild on?
Rotmg - Class Tier List
Best 6 Classes
Favourite Class & Why?
4 Classes

Yeah, but when are you going to need a 5 man group specifically if not for a Tomb or Shatters? I’d say the best 5 man group is always Paladin, Warrior, Archer, Rogue, Knight/Warrior2. Yes the rogue will miss out on dps, but in a tomb he is set because of his range and ability to handle rage phases, and Test Chests are just Test Chests.

Knight, Warrior, Paladin, Trickster, Wizard.

Knight for stunning.

Warrior for DPS, with Jugg it can tank when stunning is impossible.

Paladin, reliable heal (can heal through sickness), increases DPS.

Trickster, a skilled Trickster can do almost anything, combined with a well coordinated group, it can make a whole lot of bullets go the other way.

Wizard, when you just can’t get close to the enemy.

I’m thinking that if you compared this combination of characters to the other 240239(assuming you can’t pick two of the same class) combinations on the average effectiveness of all dungeons that drop anything worth mentioning, you’d find it scored pretty high.

But this topic doesn’t seem to calculate pets into the equation. The higher level pets a group will have, the more high dps and less “defense” it will have to be optimal.

My choice was based on assuming all 5 players have at least a 90/90 pet, and assuming you can only have 1 of each class.

Pally Pally Pally Pally Pally
http://i.imgur.com/tzlejhC.png THE DREAM TEAM <3
Holy avengers assemble!

2 wizzys, 1 pally, 1 warrior, 1 priest… seems to be the most traditional combination ;D

(why would you not include a Warrior? That doesn’t make sense, any SB threshold is low enough for a Mystic to get loot at all times).

Knight
Pally
Warrior
Archer
Trickster

Archer over Wizard because I think paralyze/QoT is more beneficial than spellbomb.

Eh, I suppose I was too short and simple on this post. No, DPS is not the only reason Warrior is not chosen, I left a few things out to make the post an easier read.

The Warrior does not perform as well defensively compared to the Paladin and Knight. He does not have The high def of a knight or the healing capabilities of a paladin.

Why not include all three in the group? Well for starters that would leave three close ranged fighters with only two ranged backup that causes an unbalanced and less versatile group. (Not to mention 4 tile range isn’t reliable for the ranged classes to get the boost.)

Those are my reasons for not including the Warrior in the group. This group takes into consideration Godlands farming, event performance, dungeon conquering, and average pet levels. Keep in mind that not everybody has a Jugg, Ogmur, or etc. so I didn’t include UTs into the analysis.

Also some dungeons and events drop whites where a Priest and a Warrior in the same group would not provide fair chances in loot due to the SB barrier. (Labs, Abyss, etc.) If I’m playing Priest I know I’d want to be able to get whites too. You can share pots and equipment as a group, but not whites.

Also, feel free to design the best 5 man group for a specific dungeon! I’d love to hear what others have to say as my preferred party set-up is great overall, but lacking in some areas.

And if you guys are looking for a more DPS oriented party I’d suggest the following.

Paladin
Warrior
Wizard
Archer
Knight

Wizard and archer make for a great duo as the archer can insure that he wizard lands his entire spell bomb on an enemy while the Archer does crowd control and the three sword classes rip through monsters at a fast pace.

I personally don’t prefer this DPS set-up, but if that is something you and your friends are looking for it’s an option.

Bumping to prevent a lock and because I’m still interested in what people have to say about this topic.

felt like this is the question for multiboxers

Not sure about that arbitrary number of 5, but I’ll go with it!

Blasting through abysses with a warrior squad is surprisingly fun. And apparently they buffed vit drop rates so [maybe?] more loot for everyone!

But as you said, different groups of classes for different dungeons. This is assuming at least a legendary pet.

Shatters

Warrior, Paladin, Knight, Mystic, Trickster/Archer

With two DPS classes plus a mystic, all switches can easily be rushed. Getting the secret switch is another time-saver and mystic is super helpful for stasising the blue bird and one of the yellow obelisks at first boss so you can insta both. Bridge to third boss can also be rushed if everyone group rushes with the mystic.

Tomb

Warrior, Paladin, Knight, Knight, Warrior

This is assuming that you even want to run Tombs in groups of 5. Warrior rushes sarcs and knight stuns for insta. Two knights perma-stunning + crap ton of damage = fast tomb.

Basically just use what you would for multiboxing

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

no, its different. You can use mystic with a wizard, but in a group, mystic is one of the best classes (if they know how to use it).

4 Wizzys + a priest. The wizzys kill stuff and priest heals. Then the wizzys donate at the end to the priest so everyone is happy.

Personally, my thought is

knight
warrior
paladin
Mystic
Wizard

Mystic might have a couple problems, especially with all the distinctions between immune to statis or not. When I play mystic sometimes an enemy is able to be statised sometimes the same one isn’t.

Well, I’d disagree. You can’t donate soulbound items to the priest. Not to mention a single Priest is bound to run out of mana when trying to keep 4 other squishy characters alive. I’d imagine the death rate in a party composition like that to be quite high.

thats only in bosses, also lots of minions can be statused, also the curse is a good enough reason to use her. Like she is SOOO underrated.

First off, I don’t think there are any dungeons which drop only soulbound items. If you’re running a tomb, and get 3/3, you might donate one to the priest. And if you have a decent pet, and the wizards aren’t being too stupid, you shouldn’t really run out of mana.

but sb loot is the good loot…

also dungeons like batttle nexus, ice tomb.