Best Class for Bracer

CC is good for end game. Having 10 less dex is a small price to pay for being able to tank an extra shot, even if it means having only 3 hp left. Bracer adds more def and also helps the dex by adding 6 att. A class I can see that would benefit off of the CC and bracer combo would be knight, but who uses knights in a lost halls anyway lol. Another would be warrior if you don’t have a jugg.

5 dex makes almost no difference

so 6 more def allows you to tank an extra shot? I don’t think so. hp is better than def in LH because there are armor piercing and armor break shots everywhere.

cc on knight is literally the worst thing you can do to yourself. Knight already has 40 base def. An old tops set gives 75 def. You don’t need more def. Bracer is good but not with a cc. If I saw a cc on knight I would just puke. It’s like putting resu on warrior. Warrior doesn’t need more mp. Just the same, knight doesn’t need more def. Plus his dps is already the lowest of all melees, so, why would you want to lower it?

This is probably the only thing I would be ok with putting cc on, but it still isn’t as good as an acrop or abyssal or even veng.

I also got a bracer from a shatts recently and am loving it on wizzy. i think wizzy is the ideal class for bracer.

candy coated is good for things like rushing abbys, godlands, and mid tier dungeons.

well said

okay so. you said it yourself . 5dex isnt even a thing huh? then so is the 10 dex loss on cc boom
now you’re left with a paladin that has 66def and 830hp+constant gcockie buff wich puts you around 936HP.
now compare that to an acrop and a deca ring. 54def wich is a whole 12 less. and a Whole 1066hp! thats alote! wait its like barelly 130HP. now for me personally 12 defence making me in the safe range of 60-70def is waay better than a whole 100+HP
now ofc there is more! you get 6 more attack. boosted by the gcockie doing 50% more damage making you able to insta abyss minions with a sky most of the time. or a guaranteed insta for minions with a simple acclaim. you can already imagine the benifits with a T13 sword or an Ass.
and MORE!!!~ the cherry on the top of the cake. +60MP …who wouldnt want to have that one more spamable ability to heal you back to full or while you’re being swarmed by stone paladins?
happy now? did i really have to type all this to prove to your necro loving self that paladin is the best class worth using bracer on? probably not. was it worth it? probably not…but hey :3 someone might see this and do the math and not waste their bracer on a fking necro.

But…

You missing out on over 300 dps. 66 def is not needed when you have heals. Plus 60 and 66 def are similar enough to where it’s not worth sacrificing 300 dps.

Wat. You’re comparing a cc and bracer to a acrop and decades. Ofc its not as good. But I’m not comparing swords or rings at all. If two pallys had the same set with the only difference being the armor it’s clear as day that the acrop is better. You are also lowering your dex to 35. 35 dex and 66 def or 45 dex and 60 def. 6 def is not important enough to warrent lowering your dps by 300.

This debate never involved the necro. We unless you changed th subject we were talking about whether or not cc was good. But none the less…

Putting a bracer on a necro is better than ruining a pally with a cc.

Necro with regular top equips beats out your cc pally until 61 def. It can beat it out, but only during damaging phases. Plus necro can now do damaging and curse with newer skulls and can do 400 damage with the new skull on any enemy with lower than 400 def. Pally can out damage necro, yes, but not with a cc. If you want damage go for an acrop or anything besides a cc, because pretty much all cc is good for is its 1k feed.

Aside from that small mistake, everything you said is spot on.

I’ve tried CC on all 3 melees and it just never felt worth it to me. The -10 Dex makes killing enemies feel so slow and the difference in Def never felt noticeable enough to me.

The only way stacking Def to the detriment of offensive stats is viable is if you stay all day in fame train. Try doing anything else and you’re going to run into situations where killing enemies faster would have made you take less damage (even with a lower-Def Armor) or you’re going to be dodging projectiles that either break your Armor, ignore it, or do too much damage for it to be relevant.

Whoops sec will fix

ty

Tbh any player with enough brain in the new loot system knows that unless you’re trying to qualify for damage on something like instantly dying chests or maybe malphas in a very dense abyss.wich in both cases a cc can just be woren off. The loss in sb damage isnt really a thing. Like. None.
-also unless you’re tryna solo shatters//pentas?//world record in a group or somethint/ then dps really is basicly just a number that doesnt help increas loot whatsoever since the new sb damage is like enough for me lvl 4 with a t0 bow and no other grears to get a dbow and a cwand. Also idk about you but heck if am getting a new bracer id love me a potential life saving 6 def than a “make game faster by 0.2secs. Damage freak. Omg i dont wanna shoot slower” no cc and 45 dex still.

Whites don’t require full sb, if you get a dbow but no wis, then you didn’t hit full sb. You just got lucky. rng has noting to do with sb

But 6 def isn’t going to do anything in those situations. Everyone is going to have good dps and you’re going to be left behind. the 10 dex penalty means you’re not firing out as many shots and it’s twice as bad if you miss. Acrop gives enough def to be good and allows you to fire 10 dex worth more of shots.

There are rarely any situations where 6 def is going to even make a difference. Especially saying armor break and armor pierce are a thing and common in end game content.

Not a 0.2 second difference. 10 second difference.

(this is assuming you hit every shot.)
“Defense freak. Omg I don’t want to take 6 more damage from that shot, better put on this utterly useless armor.”

you know what am droping off this because at this point talking to a brick seems more efficient.

Totally see why!

All those DAMAGE, WE NEED DAMAGE guys without any tolerance for others who think survivability is more valueable also piss me off sometimes. ^^

6 def less a shot is 60 damage less in glands if you get hit 10 times. I have often nexused under 60-70 hp, but guess it doesnt make a difference. :smiley:

Edit: Who does tomb with pally and even without a.s.s? Also there is the option to easily use a swapout. Lulz

Not that hard… Just use your skull to heal.

… people who do clean Tombs and aren’t lagging too hard?

I guess that’s fine if you do a lot of godlands events (even though Pally might not be the best class for it), but if you’re nexusing from regular godlands farming too often you might have problems unrelated to your gear.

It’s more about striking a balance between the two. If you kill enemies slower, they’re going to have more time to shoot at you and deal more damage to you. If you can’t take hits well enough, you won’t be able to stay in the fight and consistently deal damage to the enemy.

Not everyone has a backpack on their Pally and not everyone wants to let 1k fp go to waste.

Bracer is one of the best rings in the game, but CC Armor is not that great.

Would still prefer A.s.s and probably 2-3 Knights for chain stuns.

Didn’t say i personally like CC on pally, pref it on warrior if one does not own jugg. But I think it’s absolutely fine to play CC on Pally if you feel safer that way.
Also less damage + Heal is a nice combination tbh.

And no I usually don’t nexus in Glands, except theres some crazy godwall. ^^ But theres other places a cc can find use at, e.g. Sewers.

So playing some 6 Att 60 MP ring and some -10 dex armor doesnt build up a balance, but just some attack ring + some normal armor?
I don’t think so.
Mentioning that it would be needed for any class to play some armor or ring with offensive stats, which is not true in my view.

The damage of most classes is good enough to play Deca or other deffense only rings - and heavy armor classes are the last ones to complain about damage.

DECA gives out so many backpacks that it isn’t a problem to get a backpack, esspecially on a strong class like pally.
Also 1-2 Swapouts don’t hurt too much, or can be swapped out for special cases - such as guild dungeons.

It’s not the greatest, I totally agree, still that doesn’t mean that people should not use it, if they feel safer with it.
The point is that many totally regret it and criticise others for using and probably surviving longer with it - which is complete bs.

lol rip bracer

tru tho, what happened to bracer discussion

imo no reason to use or not to use bracer on any class as it is fairly effective no matter where you put it, so i’d say just go with the class you like so you can flex

You must love necro a lot to boldly say that it’s better than archer. I for one is more of a fan of archer than necro, but necro would next on my list. It is better than wizard though, imo.

• Knight
  • Warrior
  • Paladin
  • Priest
  • Assassin
  • Rogue
  • Wizard
  • Necromancer
  • Huntress
  • Archer
  • Mystic
  • Trickster