Best gear for trickster

Alright so I have a 4/8 trickster so far (about to be 5/8). I was wondering what gear would be best suited for trickster.

So far I have these things equipped on default:

• t11 dagger
  • t6 prism
  • t12 griffon hide (I have a csilk but I don’t lack the extra speed and the lack of def)
  • expo ring (I have para HP but I like to have mana and fill in my vit)

So my question is this, what gear would be the best for trickster? (Paticurly what ring should I get)

EDIT:
Thanks for the advice everyone, I will use csilk over the griffon hide since I can rush better. I’m a 5/8 currently with t12 dagger, I switch around with t0 and t6 decoy to get the best of both worlds. Sadly, I am not very good at shatters or lost halls because of how squishy trickster is (including how bad I am at top level dungeons), making UB hp or crown very difficult to get.

Use T0 prism.

Csilk Might work better, because it’s generally quite better T12

Expo is good, however Para HP/Exa HP might work better, because it’s one of best rings in my opinions (Not counting Deca/UBHP)

Ring doesn’t really matter. Any hp ring should do. Crown, bracer, or pyra would be nice but probably don’t belong on a 4/8. For dagger, a good old teired dagger, a dirk of cronus, and the bee dagger would be nice. For prism, t6 is perfectly good, for decoy, but t0 prism would also be nice for going fast. Dancing prism is really nice, giving good stats and a easy decoy if you lack skill, like me. Ghostly prism is also nice!! As for hides, leaf or teired. Csilk and beheemoth also work. Doesn’t really matter

I still have my t0 for teleporting, but I use my t6 a little more because of the extra vit and wis. Its also a good decoy when you don’t have much players.

You don’t really need Wis/Vit

But, it gives a really powerful decoy, stronger then that of the dancing prism. Is actually really nice for trickster

T6 is good, until you’re using it as your main prism. To be honest T0 + Dancing Prism would work better due to cheap teleport and safe decoy, because most of “new” players can’t really use T6 decoy right.

True. But if you know how to decoy, t6 is solid. However, I gotta agree that it’s not the best main. I main dancing, t0, or ghost depending on what I want to do but I carry a t6 for halls and shatters

^ This, all day long.

Csilk is good but would suggest a Para/UB Def if you trade for the T12 (I am sure I will get hate for this but it is only my opinion).

Also it would be worth spending 4 or so Def to upgrade to the T12 dagger or get a reskin by trading in Primals, plus you get an extra 3% fame bonus.

Wait csilk versus t12 is a one def difference right? Why would that force a trade from the current ring, expo, to para def?

I’m very happy to see someone using the T6 prism for its intended purpose. Less so already seeing someone bashing it into the ground and advising things for basic realm b-

Back on topic, a Foul will suit your Trickster well. Considering there’s a large supply, you’re bound to find a cheap deal for it somewhere. A Hydra is not entirely necessary, but having 80 dex looks better than 79.

Not using the CSilk is a good decision, in my opinion. Having too much speed can be a hassle, and that extra def doesn’t hurt (joke intended) either.

Expo, too, is a fine choice, especially if your pet isn’t strong enough to refill your decoys in time, and/or if you miss a decoy and want to send in another one easily. Health rings, overused as they are, may be good, but I personally find the extra def from Expo to be quite nifty.
However, that’s mostly my opinion - play around with rings, see what works well.
And an extra tip - if you want the perfect fast Trickster ring, use a Coral Ring! The extra speed allows you to walk faster, while the extra wisdom gives you faster teleports!

Finally, an ending tip I learned by copying watching Spencer:

Pardon the low frame rate; essentially, while briefly walking forward, teleport juuuust behind yourself to easily send a decoy towards a boss!

You are correct, there is only a one Def difference between the two. My reason for picking a Def ring over a HP, in this case is, that Trickster makes dodging easier and if you can properly dodge you really do not need the HP. Most tricksters deaths are insta-pops where having the added HP will make no bit of difference. The added Def cuts down on damages take and with a decent pet I feel Def is a better choice with this class.

To be fair the Expo in this situation is viable, I would just like the extra armor on a straight Def ring compared to the Expo.

For years, no, actually since I started playing, I have used Def rings over any other. Only recently has the feedback from the community changed my mind. I now tend to lean towards HP rings but on some classes, I prefer the Def ring. In part is because of my play style, I love playing solo in empty realms.

Again this is just my opinion, there really is no right or wrong answer.

this would be my personal set goal (still farming those pups until i get the dancing prism)

bossing set
image image l7uFrzx Ring%20of%20Decades

rushing set
image image /image l7uFrzx image

i do have crown but nah, i guess i still prefer 190hp from deca and 40hp from dancing prism

and sourcestone provide 110mp for more teleportation, i also could use leaf hide but i dont really like carrying too many swapouts

Tbh gear doesn’t matter. The difference between a nil armor and a griff is 4 def, and thats not going to save you from a shotgun. Dps does matter up to a point, but in large groups agate is just as good or better than cdirk or etherite. Rings do matter for survivability, so use a hp ring. Just focus on maxing your trix 6/8 and then figure out another char to max.

:smiley: I used to prefer def rings too. But now I have a broken pet so I don’t really die unless instakill. I guess pre pet, def rings would be nicer

Hp rings were always better, but exa def was used over sup hp most of the time.

whot are those lmao

Untitled

I think

Absolute best gear: Any UT/ST dagger
T0/Ghostly Prism for rushing or doing random things
Dancing swords for rushing as decoys are random and not going in the way you want if you want more protection(or just use t0/ghostly)
T6 for controlling boss shots
Nil/Garments
Deca/Crown/Or anything you think is good(Maybe Pyra)

no the black rock ring is a exa def