Best number key to swap out equipment?

Basically I’m wondering where to put my swap outs. I’m currently debating between 2 and 3 for my favourite position. Also big sad because I used to put all my equipment as far left as possible (looked nicer to me) but now it’s ugly all on the top row :triumph:

I keep forgetting we can press numbers now to switch I still keep dragging items :tired_face:

If I’m correct you can change the numbers 1-8 from setting? If so you could make it letters closer by your hand.

Oh yeah that’s a thing :3

Thought tbh the keys around my WASD is hot real estate so I think the closest unused keys would actually be the number keys.

I’ve been thinking (and I think this would make a cool topic if someone could analyze it) and since I move forwards-backwards much more than left-right, it’d be optimal to put the swaps on 1 or 3 since it’s closer to the ring and index finger.

Wonder if anyone can make a keylogger program to track your key presses and analyze it xd

I use 1 and 2 most often. 1 is usually a weapon, while 2 is either a different ability or a ring for rushing/max dps.

I think you’re thinking way too hard about this.

I think so too.

2 is the most optimal position for me, while 1,3, and 4 are still okay. Hitting 5, 6, 7, and 8 is cancer so I put my useless flexing items there.

I use 1 2 and 3 but then i constantly put consumables there sometimes :l
Tab might be another nice key to use.

I use i for slot 1, u for slot 2, and then 3-8 for the rest. That way I can swap slots 1 and 2 with my right hand without having to take my left hand off WASD. Although, I play on a laptop so I can still aim with my right thumb on the trackpad while I press i/u with my right hand.

But what about the mouse? is it like a floating mouse pad and u reach down to press u and i?

apparently you might want to review y our settings for it first, though

Ive spent about a minute on google search for key press heatmap so there might be better alternatives I haven’t found yet

I move with ESDF/WR (instead of WASD/QE) so I can use A to nexus, and I’ve mapped ZXCV to inventory slots 1-4. I haven’t had need for more than that so far.

Woah 300iq I’m gonna try that.

I’ve been experimenting with using keys on the right of the keyboard pressing using mousehand. Numpad 1 to 4 at the moment.

Downside is you can’t always keep aiming perfectly on target if the enemy is erratic-moving.
Big upside is I think it minimises danger of dying because it doesn’t interfere with moving/nexusing controls.

I just use the Settings to switch to a close key from WASD. Out of the numbers, though, I would probably choose 1 or 2 or 3. 4 isn’t a bad option either because you can easily move you’re index finger forward quickly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.