Best set for necromancer

What is the best gear for necromancer? Now i have : (phylactery, skull from cult, toga, omni, pyra, bloodstone ring, st ring for assa, cuffs and claws).

I’m fairly surprised you don’t have an Esben Skull, considering how many Ice Cave events were held, but that aside:
imageimageimageimage

The%20PhylacterywXEiGHEimageRing%20of%20the%20Pyramid/image

Some extra explanationing: For Staves, Cosmic’s just good. Phylactery ain’t bad, per se, but you already have lower dex than a wizard, so I’d suggest Cosmic above it. You can use it as a swapout for…well, whatever you want.

Tiered Skulls are great cause they just have the best healing. However, the Curse from the Corrupted Souls is also very nice to have - though it has a smaller radius. The damage is almost the same (@ 79 wis, CSouls deals 305 including Curse; @ 81 wis, Bloodsucker deals 312).

GSorc and Toga are fairly identical - the latter’s more for a damage-based playstyle, while the former is slightly better for ability usage. Keep in mind that you’ll only have 57 dex with Toga!

Omni is…well, it’s the Omni. It’s great. Pyra and Bloodstone are also decent choices, both focused on survival, though Pyra is slightly better for a DPS build.
I don’t suggest using Cuffs since the difference with Omni is fairly small; Claws aren’t that great either, as they suffer from the same problem; Hivemind (the ST 'Sin ring) is okay, but you don’t get any defense, making you squishier than truly desired.

omni actually had more dps, as it has 4 dex and 4 att, while pyra only has 4 att.

I believe Seelpit was comparing Pyramid to Bloodstone in that scenario.

I this this set C:

I would recommend you ignore Seelpit’s crazy suggestions; everyone know’s Neo is the one who’s speaking the truth. After all, he is the One.

oh, got confused there.

This is what i use rn on my necro, works insanely great, however replace potato with omni. image
I know i have all UT skulls, but i use most of those, except thicket cuz it’s really bad.

There is no “best set”.
Really it depends on hat play style you’re going for.
There are so many ways to mix and match sets, such as going for totally offensive (as much attack and damage as possible) and defensive (as much defence and HP as possible).
You might even want to balance it out and have a mix of both.

I’ll drop some nice looking and practical sets here and their uses:

• Offensive:

image image image image
No argument for this set, it probably boasts the highest output damage. The fact that the Staff of Unholy Sacrifice requires players to aim backwards makes it a hard job for players trying to simultaneously use their ability, however due to the nature if the Memento Mori and the Damaging self-buff, it isn’t so centred around the ability and enables the player to focus primarily on the DPS of the weapon. Furthermore, the Toga Picta and the forgotten Crown boost the offensive stats to allow the player to achieve literally the maximum damage output.

• Easy on the eye:

image image image image

• Defensive:

image image image image

The defence given by this set is quite good and the DPS is relatively average.

• Well-Rounded:

image image image image

If you’re looking for a set that looks pretty nice, this is pretty good.
Tezcacoatl’s Tail beats the T12 staff as 38 defence and the T13 at around 43 so it it pretty nice for endgame content. Furthermore, the Skull of Endless Torment has brilliant damage and the +3 Dexterity bonus can compliment the staff quite nicely. Soulless is a nice, safe robe to use and the Magical Lodestone gives pretty nice Defense and Dexterity bonuses.

• Ability-centred:

image image image image

There are a ton more I’d love to add, but my phones pretty slow so I guess this is all I can do for now. There are more ways to mix and match sets to perfect them, however I did aim for aesthetics too, so sorry if they’re not 100% efficient for their jobs.

You ain’t got the best till you got almost all of the items (Rip Thicket staff/skull and ST ring i know i will never get) for true FLEXOMANCER status.

Jokes aside I mainly use Cult Robe, Cult Skull/Shaitan Skull/Memento Mori and sometimes Esben. Don’t use Phylactery just use a good ol T12 staff or whatever. Use omni over pyra.

honestly, necro is the easiest class for me to make a decision.

ofc void staff would be better.
But over 1000 hp as necro.
Using esben and cult skull as backup is okay, but i personally dont like esben due to have 30 less hp. You can consider crown. ST skull is nice, along with the st set.

Personally, I’ve used:
t13 staff
t6 skull
t14 robe
UT ring(Crown)

Thos is for necro.

To be honest, as someone before said already. You need literally everything for perfect necro set.

Considering people are also posting their own sets, here’s what I use (flex inbound):
The UBDex and Magic Thingy are just stuff I keep on it more as a gimmick (or for chests).
I mainly use the tiered skull or CSouls
Esben is also great, though not as effective with Huntresses around.
Shaitan can be neat if you just want to go all-out offensively if you’re in a big group…or you’re selfish.
I use a UBDef because I already get health from my Skulls, and having 47 def is really sweet to have.
Finally, the Esben Staff is mostly for what all classes use them for: piercing. I like using it in Castles.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.