Best T13 Weapon/T14 Armor?

I just completed the Sun Wizard set and wanted to trade it in for one of these items, but I was wondering which one people think is the best one to get? I’ve never gotten any of them before, but it seems like the staff is probably the best one since lots of people use tiered staves over any other UT staff.

MotMG 2018 Discussion Thread (the anointed MEGATHREAD)
Which new top should I get?
What t13 to get?

Just pick one for the class that you play the most.

Lot of people are choosing the sword because it looks so sexy. I wonder how they compare though in terms of dps increase compared to their previous counterparts (i.e old top to wc top v. Wc top to LH top) between weapons.

Your logic makes sense though, if you use it along with Samix’ advice.

Stat wise - all the t14 armors only give 1 extra def except the t14 robe, which also gives a few additional other stats.

All the tier 13 weapons give an avg dps increase of 2.5. If you’re looking for which is quantitatively best I guess probably the wands since they have the lowest damage, so 2.5 is the biggest percentage increase.

Exactly this. The only viable choices are Sword/Staff/Wand to be honest.
Damage increase is marginal, they’re only better visually and maybe with 5% fame bonus (If you dont have ice reskins [7%])
Bow is bad all around, gives 5% (most of them give 6%)
Katana - lets be honest who plays ninja/samurai seriously. (Doku should still be better - dont quote me on this as I dont play katana classes)

If you’re thinking of getting a weapon, check what the projectile looks like either on the wiki,
Eg. https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/staff-of-the-vital-unity
or ask a friend/guildie/randomer in the realm who has it to shoot it and see what it fires like.

Because if you’re gonna use it, nothing worse than having to put up with a weapon that you hate the shots of. (hello Frosty Walking Stick).

Can’t say much more than that atm, I haven’t chosen mine own yet for not being able to decide.

I know this isn’t what ya want to hear, but selling the set is the most beneficial option. None of the items you can trade the set in for make enough difference to be worth it. Probably help max a character or buy an item for the class ya do want to play.

However, if ya insist on trading em in, here’s my thoughts on it.

Dagger: No, UT
Dagger gets a 1.85% damage increase compared to the tier below it. Not worth it due to being not only the worst in terms of percentages, but also due to the existence of “DPS” daggers.

Bow: No, UT
Bow gets a 4% damage increase, however it is a tiered bow, so unless you enjoy using these it isn’t worth it due to UT bows outshining it anyway.

Staff: Yes
Staff gets a 3.13% damage increase and most players actually use tiered staffs rather than UT staffs.

Wand: Yes
Wand gets a 2.14% damage increase, but despite having a lower percent, this option is still viable due to the same reason as the staff.

Sword: Yes
Sword gets a 2.02% damage increase and shares the same reason as the Wand for being an okay choice.

Katana: Yes
Katana gets a 4.76% damage increase, so if you actually play Katana classes you’ll boast the highest damage increase in comparison.

Heavy and Leather armor both only add one defense whereas the Robe gives an additional 5 MP and 1 Wis. Candy Coated exists, so Heavy armor is less worth it than it could be. Leather and Robe are the good options.

I personally plan to trade in for the Wand and the Robe for my Priest with Prot if I get extra sets, but selling the sets are still more beneficial regardless.

Anyway, I hope this helps ya make up your mind.

In terms of practicality, the best one is the T13 staff, as staff is the only class where pretty much everyone mains tiered staves.

However, as above mentioned, the differences are very small, so it’s purely for aesthetics. If you want to be practical, getting another 6/8 (or good ST such as etherite) instead of the sun set is probably the way to go.

get katana and dominion. katana is obviously the sexiest weapon, and dominion is the sexiest armor. EZ.

I would say Staff or Wand for weapons.

Bow + Dagger both have better UT and ST options. Sword and Katana don’t lack for DPS, and also have UT options which generally don’t improve on single target DPS but which do more than enough damage and have other benefits.

Wand, though there are good UT/ST Wands, tiered Wands are almost always preferred because of piercing. And Staves there isn’t really anything that beats Cosmic, unless you are completing a set. So the best use of a t13 is a Staff or Wand, depending which Robe class is your favourite.

Honestly pick whatever your characters need, or something you don’t have. If you’re looking for something to hold onto until you need it, heres my opinion.
Warning: These are my OPINIONS. Some of them are controversial, you can use this to form your own opinions.
I would choose the weapon based on swapouts. The less swapouts you have, the more useful a higher tiered weapon is.
The main swapouts for staff are edictum praetoris, EP, and Unholy Sacrifice. If you use spirit staff, stop. Please. EP and Unholy Sacrifice are used at close range and are very situational, so they shouldn’t be considered. Thus you will mainly carry Edict and a tiered staff. With edict being quite rare, the tiered staff is even more relied on.
For wand, we have cwand, condu, fallen, abominations wrath, and bulwark (if you so choose). For the same reason as above, I’ll ignore fallen and bulwark. Abominations wrath does not fit some play styles with its exceptionally low fire rate. Even so, the other options are viable in all situations. If you need a tiered wand for piercing, t13 really isnt worth it so I would stick with recomp.
If you use a tiered bow, even with the buff, you’re probably not reading this because you just choose whatever crappy item you think is coolest. But I’ll go ahead and explain as I have for the other weapons. We have Dbow, Cbow, Lbow, Vbow, and Tshot. Many players can’t get their hands on a Vbow, but the rest are easily obtainable with a bit if farming. If tshot is too rare, the other options are still good enough for any situation. Theres a reason covert is worthless in the market. Its just about as useful as a robobow.
The list of daggers is quite long. There’s spirit, cdirk, stinger, and etherite. If you use obsidian dagger you probably think the forbidden jungle necro set is overpowered. Stinger is quite rare, and if you cant find one its usually not worth it to carry a bone dagger. Cdirk is an event white, so many players have never had one. Spirit and etherite cover the most ranges, but both have wavering shots. A tiered weapon could certainly be worth getting.
Swords: ASS, Cutlass, Dblade, Csword, Pixie, and Maybe colossus. Ill ignore collossus due to its rarity and the fact that some people arent able to figure out how to make it either shoot straight or meet at the target. Dblade is very situational, as is csword. Overall you are left with plenty of options where you would have little use for a tiered weapon.
Katanas are less in number. We have sullen, doku, and void blade. Ray katana if you’re a wuss (like me :slight_smile: ). Void can be ignored because it is extremely situational. Sullen, dps wise, is quite useless on most enemies. It is really only worth using with samurais higher defense. Doku has approximately the same damage as masa, and is slightly harder to aim. A t13 katana would beat it damage wise for most defense levels. This is definitely a good option, especially katanas have shot up in value recently, so you wouldnt have to pay anything for one other than the set.
So the three t13 weapons that I would choose are Staves, Daggers, or Katanas. I personally went with a staff because I have a mystic.
For armors there are a lot of UTs. If you have a UT armor you like to use you should use it, and select a different type of t14 armor. Overall I would choose the robe for its additional stats. I use toga on my mystic so I decided not to pick the robe. I already have two leather armors so I will get the heavy armor once I have another set.

Feel free to roast my opinions

Sword because it is sexy.

That’s it

raises hand slowly

@Seelpit

And people can always just run halls for em so no need to trade it in

On mobile but - Sadamune always deals more danage than Doku (at least, to effectively every enemy you’ll encounter - the DPS calc isn’t available for me atm, so I can’t see beyond 159 def. Still, that’s basically all monsters)

sword/katana for the white shot sprite c: but thats just me and i like the color white

Also has less range and the lack of amplitude which makes it easier to hit enemies

Besides doku’s sprite looks better

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.