Better moderation and or reporting system to combat the rampant toxicity, sexism, and racism.

How do you know they don’t have logs?

They are easy and useful, so much so that most apps generate logs. E.g. my ~/Libeary/Logs folder has 76 items in it, but many of those are folders with tens or hundreds of items in. So a lot of logs. Including ones for the client and launcher.

Also they accept screenshot and video evidence of bad behaviour. But screenshots and videos are easily and often faked. Especially this game where the 2D art is very easy to manipulate. Accepting such evidence only makes sense if they can check it against logs.

They also are able to undo certain user actions. Deleting a char, releasing a pet, mis-spending some gold. They can only do this from logs (and the fact they can roll back these and not other things suggests what gets logged).

Unrelated to the thread, but thank you for sharing this tool. It’s great :slight_smile:

bad at game tards report old community
game is constantly loosing players

“why game loses player pool”

i remember seeing a high standing deca employee laughing at a racist joke, so i don’t think you’re really going to get anywhere far with this

just wanted to let you know that i am the person that got you banned xoxo

joke was funny
he laughed
what’s wrong with that?

sad and true. Make use of Windows Game Bar if you have one of those PCs, guys! Windows Key + G, and Windows + Alt + G to record the last 30 seconds, after you enable the settings (do ASAP so you don’t miss it when you need it)

we’re talking about specifics here and you are trying to pull me into a vague pool

my reply was specific to the OP’s specific thread about a specific topic (see the trend?)

good luck getting an argument out of me motivated by political and social clout

Don’t bother, look at his realmeye

:tired_face:

I don’t live in america, so I do not expect any political and/or social commentary. I just think, racism is funny.

ez ban

wdym ?

So you want to further kill the game because your parents didn’t teach you to not take things personally over the internet?

So you want to allow toxic behavior in the game because you think everyone’s just too sensitive?

Except nobody is allowing ‘toxic behavior’, as those players get repeatedly reported and banned by DECA.

In this case, someone has grown up in a sheltered environment, and is experiencing ‘the real world’ in a sort of sense.

Adding more speech policing isn’t going to make the game appealing, and they need to work on more important issues.

Deca kind of made the best hard disk cleaner back then. I don’t know what else they can forget unless they specifically confirm so that they do have logs that they use and not just haphazardly ban people without following german law.

I don’t think that “disturbing conversations” and “uncomfortability for almost everyone involved” are things that should be accepted to happen in the real world, let alone online. Also, “speech policing” isn’t the same as “speech moderation.” The only thing that’s being restricted is toxic behavior like insults, or racism of any form. You can have places that talk about those subjects, but RotMG isn’t one of them. People should log on RotMG to play and have fun, not to be racist without any punishment whatsoever. People who aren’t “sheltered” still have the decency to know that toxicity and racism are bad and should be restricted. I know most of the playerbase are mature fans who are young adults that could handle it, but the fact that people are allowed to act this way online in the game is bad in and of itself.

I wanted to ask @niegil if he can ban this person, i have seen him in that racist named guild for a long time now upwards of 2 weeks and he is still playing.

Now that I think about it, there should be some form of moderation for names. It can’t be automated because it’d be too broken and it’s very clear that people are going to get around that. Just take a look at @Nhater. It’d mostly targets names that are explicit/implicit racist terms or names with swears.