Big rant

If you want to play with other people, just go to USWest or server hop until you find people. The game would die if it was cut down to 4 servers, due to this game’s reliance on discords and o3. Private o3s would be dead unless you want to wait 20 minutes for crashers to leave, and unused bazzars would hard to come by. Not to mention the fact that people rely on some of the nearby servers to even play with a stable connection.

You can argue that discords are bad, but there’s nothing you can do about it. They’re a part of the game. You cannot ignore them when talking about how to “fix” this game.

They’re not. More than 75% people are either server hopping in discords or in the realms in popular servers. There’s a reason nearly every realm that’s not about to close has less than 10 people in it.
It’s easy to say that reducing the amount of servers will help the game, but in what way would it benefit the game at all? It doesn’t take long for new players to find the servers tab and go to a crowded server, or server hop to find an active one.

They’re END GAME dungeons, they’re supposed to be hard to access.

Uhhhhh, no?? Only end game players should be able to regularly access these dungeons. It makes no sense to make o3s readily available to everyone who wants to try them. If that was the case, why is the o3 event not permanent? It needs to be gatekeeped to prevent it from getting watered down. What will happen if a new player does and completes o3s before any other exalt dungeon? They’re going to find everything else (besides shatters) boring as hell. There’s progression to this game, the same as nearly every other MMO out there.

If it was this easy it would have been done already. If it was this easy, then any game could become mainstream. There’s more to it than just advertising and “Contacting content creators”.

Servers provide geographic coverage. It’s a while since I looked at a map, but even without one it’s clear you need more than one server to cover North America, more than one to cover Europe, to give as many people as possible good latency. So thats two, probably more, both continents, so at least four. Then there’s Asia and Austalia.

I commented on this on Reddit a short time ago but basically no, advertising won’t work. The vast majority of people who might be interested and can be reached by advertising are already aware of the game.

There are possibly many more out there who would enjoy the game but haven’t heard of the it. They are not gamers, don’t visit gaming sites, blank out game news, don’t watch gaming videos, don’t have friends who play and talk about games.

The only sort of advertising that could reach them is advertising outside the bounds of traditional gaming, such as on primetime TV, on billboards across the country, on general websites. But that’s incredibly expensive, and makes sense for few if any games.

It doesn’t. I never used discord (because I am able to read the conditions) and I can play Realm and have fun.

Only the endgame (exaltaion dungeons) never saw me in. But that’s a thing I do in most games I play. Endgame normally means the end of fun.

discords don’t break the terms and conditions, it’s literally just using social media while playing the game.

I think Horst takes the word “endgame” as “end game”. Which mean the game is finished, gone.

dude just shut the fuck up

everywhere you go it’s “skill issue” after “skill issue” in game, on discord, and god knows why you decided to come here. despite the fact that your account is the way it is, you continue to say “skill issue”.

have you ever read the ToS of discord? I would never register an account there.

Wait show me it RN.

My English is not good enough to get it properly…

in short: you, and evertyhing you do there, belong to Discord. They reserve the right to record, evaluate and sell everything you do. That’s a high price to pay for some convenience…

Most ppl dont understand how much power you give away with you data! (it’s similiar in facebook, twitter, tiktok and so on … I would never sine up there. but discord is special because they record also every audio information you send - they can hear you.)

Uh, that goes for any social media platform. Everyone uses Google but they take your information. Same with Facebook, Instagram, and many other social media platforms. So why would people treat one application differently from the other in that regard? If everyone’s fine with giving away their data, Discord is no exception. If you don’t like people taking your information, well you’re too late. Simply being on this website you’ve already given your data. Signing up on Discord just means giving your data to a different company. But to be fair, you can consider what the company is doing with your information and depending on how secure you want to be, choose only to give your information to companies that won’t exploit or abuse it.

Poggies :sunglasses:

Honestly, reading through this made me realize an issue I had when Kabam was at the head (the content drought and leaving the game for dead thing), but now it’s the opposite if that makes sense. There seems to be a good chunk of content bloating and a failure to account and prevent the inevitable backslide when it came to game progression. Hence why the economy, despite arguably being in a great condition in terms of the number of items available to trade, doesn’t seem to have improved much from years ago? or changed at all really, besides the inflation of pricing. Also the weird thing with going from fighting scorpions, to fighting event bosses in like 30 minutes.

As for the new player experience, I don’t even know anymore lol. I can give it to them that they tried, and I appreciate all the work that went into revitalizing those classic dungeons. But it clearly wasn’t enough considering the extreme pace from starting out, to getting to the midlands, to god lands, and then not really having a set direction to go (from a new player perspective). Imo not everything has to be spoon-fed to people who are new, just give a breadcrumb trail of things to do, systems to play with, events to experience, or basic goals to reach.

They can definitely fix the bloating issue pertaining to inventory management. The simple (but not profitable) solution is to make things that should be stackable, stackable. Or not take up inventory space and be their own little Ui screen in the menu.

Lastly, raiding discords still succ my bals :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: but being honest they were never the real problem with realm now were they. Looking at it now, it really is the game being flawed to its very core(s). Everyone cramming themselves into endgame dungeons pre discord was just a proto and very inefficient version of what we have now. Along with the pub stomping that made dungeons piss easy, like tomb and shatters. Discords just exacerbated these issues (and destroyed the economy, especially with the chest events).

Feel like I’m being a broken record after all this time lol. But I’m glad there’s still people who care enough to want the game to be better still, or post on the forums :cry:

Precisely. Deca may have done some good tweaks when it comes to newer players - loot bias in the lowlands dungeons after their reconstructions, giving them guaranteed gear drops, tweaking annoying mid/highlands enemies, all that - but once you hit level 20, nothing below highlands becomes interesting at all.
All that content, left untouched.

Perhaps it’s for the better; it could be tricky to simply “extend” this initial period in some way, as that could slow down the pace of the game in general (at least, with the Realm in its current state). Ah, well.

And let’s not forget the obvious: the reason you’re in a Realm is usually to leave it - be it through dungeons or Oryx.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.