Black Friday Frenzy - Offers and Sales

X-post from https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/e2x0k7/black_friday_frenzy_offers_and_sales/

…though I probably won’t buy it XP

hype new classes
try to sell more char slots
know you won’t release characters until Unity
know Unity won’t come for another three campaigns and a fundraiser

Me and everyone else will still fall for buying it though, (especially me, i need chars/vaults badly)

EXCEL_2019-11-28_10-53-47

May be interesting to people interested in buying. In short: you get a flat +20 gold per dollar you spend. The last column is slightly misleading (ex. for the $4.99 pack you get 600 gold, which is a 20% increase from 500 gold).

imagine being f2p
Image result for hide the pain harold

100 extra gold per $5

nice “frenzy”

The amount of cash whoring Deca does will never cease to amaze me

This one doesn’t affect the game in a negative way, so who cares?

they’re running their “great deals” while also running their “you can only get these items by paying us money”

lmao

Keep in mind the ST campaign is additional stuff you get for spending gold. That means you get good deals and free STs which is a win win honestly.

“Constant shilling of “Good deals” and in game items for real money doesn’t negatively affect the game at all! It’s perfectly natural to have a new deal, box, or sale every single time you log in! Nobody gets tired of being treated like a human ATM, they all love seeing these great deals!”

FTFY

Do you think the same when you see reduced prices in a real life store?

Comparing rotmg’s single currency to a store with hundreds or thousands of different wares is apples to oranges.

A better comparison would be watching an overmonitized youtube video with constant shills and ad interruptions.

How so?

You can completly ignore the store in rotmg, unlike in such a video

FTFY

adding new items that are exclusively available through money is bullshit, I don’t care if it’s temporary.

“Temporary” makes a big difference; it’s not as though they are forever behind a paywall as in some games. Instead, DECA is just giving supporters a chance to experience items early in exchange for some money if they so choose. I for one am content to wait until they are released for everyone else.

it does, I’m not saying it doesn’t make any difference, locking items behind a paywall permanently would have just made me leave the game forever and give up on Deca.

but, it being temporary doesn’t make it okay in any way, it’s still really fucking shitty imo

Deca already locked ST items behind a paywall before this update (remember how the archer ST items were first released in mystery boxes before anything else?). We still have to wait and see on how the rates are for the new STs once phase 3 initiates, but there’s hope that it won’t be as rare as STs used to be, making this an improvement overall for players who don’t spend money.

I can’t say I disagree with you on locking items behind a paywall. In my ideal vision of Realm, ST items wouldn’t be sold anywhere period, and would be obtainable at reasonable rates from their corresponding in-game dungeons.
However, it seems that Deca has found that selling ST items is quite lucrative (I assume that’s their reasoning for choosing to do an in-game exclusive campaign before increasing drop rates). So, they have good reason in their eyes to continue selling ST items as it generates profit. While money does need to be put into the servers for them to stay on so we can continue playing this game, I still wish there was a better way to generate profit than basically selling UTs in nexus.
C’est la vie. Though if I could pick between tossing out one of Deca’s business choices, I’d have to pick the weekly events over the campaign, because at least I can just ignore the campaign and for me the ST items truly release after that month and a half’s time. I can’t quite ignore the dramatic effect weekly events have on the game’s livelihood, realm population, and economy. So I see the campaign as the lesser of two evils.