Blind Prism

Prism
PrismBlank
Description : Young trickster used this prism . Nobody believed that she would ever learn how to teleport…but nobody knew that it was an illusion created by the prism itself .

Stats

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 90
  • Duration: 10
  • Cooldown: 5
  • Range: On screen
  • Effect: Creates a decoy that moves to place where cursor was when it was used , Invisibilty for 2 seconds , no teleport
  • Stat Bonus: +4 Wis +25 MP
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 500

Drops From:

• Crystal Prisoner 1/500

More info

This prism should be used in situation when you want to attract group of monsters quickly , Example: You are in lost halls , crusade is chasing you, using this prism will cause that they will focus on decoy , but you might ask, why dont just teleport away? Decoy is moves to cursor without need of teleport and its last longer than t6 prism’s decoy . Also , invisibility for 2 second will make you not being targeted by anything which makes decoy being more useful . Say what you think about this idea !

The Sprite is a grey area, it could use a bit of work.

I’d say increase this by 25 MP.

And increase this by 1.5 seconds.

Crystal Prisoner?

That could heavily be exploited and used for trolling, I’d say have it created on the player and have it travel to and stop wherever the cursor was when the ability key is pressed.

But the invisibility duration is so short that it becomes ineffective.

Good job anyway, except for some of the stats/functions, it’s a neat idea and I like what you were trying to aim for.

I hope I’ll be seeing more ideas like this from you in the future, keep it up. :blush::+1:t5:

Thanks , i really dont had idea of desc. anyway , I will buff it either . But i dont understand , how it could be used for trolling? You mean keeping enemies away from group so we can’t shoot them, cus i don’t get it .

If you were running a void you could create a decoy in another groups’ quarter and attract more Void Shades to them.
It could also be used to drag on people in Abysses and Shatters from a distance.
Not that this couldn’t be done with a regular prism, but this would make it so much easier to pull off for trollers and crashers.

I did change the effect , also some stats . I think it should be more balanced for now.

I do like that now. Still was a good item and something different that you don’t always see for a prism idea.

Be proud of it, it’s a great idea. :smile::ok_hand:t5:

This would essentially eliminate any sort of need for any tiered prism ever more than others already do.

Want to teleport? Just use Ghostly. Want to deal damage? Just use Dire Instability. Want to do lots of decoys? Just use Dancing Swords. Want to do a stationary decoy? Just use Brain. Want to do a precise decoy AND go invisible? Just use this.

The idea is cool and all, but it would fit better for a Tiered Prism readjustment.

I don’t really think it should be tiered . UT’s are situational , and this is situational . Also , all tiered prims have teleport , so this doesn’t even fit those , i really don’t know what did you meant .

This covers any situation where you need to use a decoy at all exceptionally better, and has a longer duration than Apparitions by 2 seconds.

Teleporting, though, is something you carry Ghostly or T0 around for.

What’s wrong with not using tiered prisms? Not all things need to be equally useful. Having better equipment is the privilege of someone who is lucky enough to get the drops.

It shouldn’t be objectively better than tiered. UTs are meant to be situational in their use, often coming with a drawback. This has almost no drawback over a tiered prism except for teleporting, which people use T0 for as it is.

Yea, no teleporting . But a 5 seconds cooldown , dude learn that there’s something like downside . Also prims you are talking about aren’t really often drops.

So what if there’s a 5 second cooldown? You don’t need to spam it, since you know exactly where it’s going and it lasts for 10 seconds. You also get invisibility for 2 seconds as an added bonus.

Uts don’t have to be situational. In the current game where they aren’t tradeable, the amount of time it takes to get them means they should be better. We don’t need a bunch of rules and restrictions on what’s “okay”, we should start letting the game be more fun.

UTs can be situational and fun. And the time spent to acquire them shouldn’t factor into the item’s usefulness, but rather the item should factor how much time should be spent to acquire the item.

Since we’re on the topic on Post Tradable UTs, let’s choose a myriad of items:

Sword of the Colossus.

It’s situational and fun to use! Tons of damage at the expense of a craaaazy shot pattern.

Hivemaster Helm

Gives the warrior the highest damage potential, at the cost of speedy!

Midnight Star

Sacrifices significant damage for the ability to stun!

Resurrected Warrior’s Armor

Trades defense for wisdom and mana!

Regardless of whether or not the time you spend to get a ut should factor in doesn’t really matter, because no matter what it will. There will be people who can easily get certain uts and people who just can’t, and having mediocre items that are “situational” is just staying in the past when they were tradeable.

Uts won’t ever be tradeable, and it’s about time deca addressed the fact that their rarity should factor into how good they are, instead of hiding behind the word situational.

Uts don’t have to be situational.

then they’re not uts
that is literally the point of uts

I like the concept. I don’t like the sprite.

sorry if that was blunt

Exactly , i think this guy think that every point of game has to be balanced , Balancing too much makes game boring ,also this Prism isn’t really overpowered , it gives invisible and long decoy at cost of 5 second cooldown and no teleport.

so when u use this prism u turn into a decoy