Bloodfire Necromancer UT Set for my upcoming dungeon

Hey everyone. The UT set bellow is for a new dungeon idea I’m working on called the Bloody Isle. All criticism and advice is welcome!

Just a quick note, I haven’t gotten around to making the lore descriptions quite yet.

###Bloodfire Staff

####Stats:

• Shots: 2
  • Damage: 80-120 (100)
  • Range: 5 + Vit/40
  • Stat Bonuses: +3 Vit

###Bloodfire Cranium

####Stats:

• Mp Cost: 110
  • Heal: 100
  • Damage: 150
  • Radius: 3.5 sqrs
  • Special Properties: Scorches the earth for 4 seconds, dealing 70 damage per second to any enemies within 3.5 sqrs of the target area.
  • Stat Bonuses: +2 Vit, +2 Dex

###Infernal Garnment

####Stats:

• Stat Bonuses: +12 Def, +4 Vit, +4 Dex, +2 Spd
  • Special Properties: Grants Healing while standing on scorched earth.

###Combustive Fang

####Stats:

• Stat Bonuses: +5 Vit, +5 Dex, +5 Atk
  • Special Properties: 25% chance to create a explosion in a 4.5 sqr area around the player when they take damage which deals 400 damage and scorches the earth for 2 seconds.

Edit: Robe now grants Healing while its wearer is standing on scorched earth, staff now has it range increased based on your Vit stat, clarified text on the Ring.

Looks a bit similar but eh?

So a buffed Cosmic with a bit less range? I don’t see the uniqueness. I feel like it needs more than just a damage buff and range nerf, especially with the new set that came out for the necro in the LH.

So a new and unique ability! Nice! Increase the damage a bit please. Also, does it start right when an enemy stands on it or 1 second after it stands on it?

Then again, this is isn’t that unique. I would personally always take a GSorc or Mad Lab Robe over this. Also No Fame Bonuses?

Dealing 400 damage to what and where? Also how much damage for the scorch? Also if tons of people have this, (since this is a ring and not ability exclusive any class can use it) could they make a giant patch on the ground that could insta if something walked over it? Just wondering.

Overall
4.5-5.0/10
Needs more shading on Sprites and isn’t that unique.

Everything other than the weapon needs shading, i can do that for u without changing the actual sprite itself.

You are welcome for saving you a slaughter from the community.

Wow those look amazing!

:thinking:

@AidanGe Thanks, I appreciate you fixing those up!

Here is a quick update to make the Robe and Staff more original and to fix some other stuff:

• Robe now grants Healing while its wearer is standing on scorched earth
  • Staff now has its range increased based on your Vit stat
  • Clarified text on the Ring.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.