Bloodhem trap (want feedback on item)

Bloodhem Trap

This dastardly trap, used by Bonegrind to catch the finest of prey, has been uncovered from the depths of the Aftermath.

Sprite ideas:

* I was thinking of something that looks like a rusted or bloody trap, perhaps like a bear-trap or just the normal trap sprite with a red-tinged silver. Feel free to help me :heart:

Mana Cost: 140 MP

Trap Hit-box: 3.5 tile radius from cursor.
Trap 1. Releases 9 amour-ignorant shots, 35-65 (50) *9 = (175-325 [250]) damage, Armour Broken on enemies for 1.5 seconds.
Trap 2. within 5.5 tiles, 180-205 (192.5) damage, Slowed on enemies for 4.5 seconds.

Trap laying time: 1.5 seconds (very short time)

Stat Bonus:
+4 Dex, +4 Def, +45 Maximum HP
Fame Bonus: 5%

So, I know what you might be thinking. An Ogmur for the Huntress, great. I didn’t want this item to be really overpowered.

But in the RotMG metagame, let’s admit a few things: Archers outnumber Huntresses at least 2:1, and any bow class without a Doom Bow never gets soulbound in on high defense enemies. Why? First of all, Archers get a Dexterity boost from their quiver on the first tier of gear. Except for defense boosting abilities for the Knight and Warrior, no other class in game gets such an instantaneous step-up to their stats.

Additionally, the Archer has always had the advantage over DMG/MP and time efficiency, seeing as how the Archer’s quiver can get damage in quickly while the Huntress does less Mana-efficient damage (but over a radius so that’s up for speculation) over a longer period of time, making it useless on steamrolled bosses and test chests with more than 4 or 5 people.

This trap was meant to rival the damage of the Archer while at the same time making it possible for any low damage-per-shot punchers (Stave classes and Bow classes not including Wizard) to get a high and concentrated amount of damage over a shorter period of time.

The damage might be a bit ridiculous, seeing as how it can do potentially 455 damage (before Attack bonuses) to a boss, and then have it Armour Broken for a good 1.5 seconds. At its best, it gets 3.25 (approx) Damage/MP, but over a radius of 1.5 tiles, and composed of a blast not a shot. When used properly, the Huntress can use its trap and sacrifice some mana opposed to the Ctrap to get more damage in.

EDIT: tried to rework post

no…

its true that it has some extra dex, but barely any. Also the instant dmg… well ctrap has quite a bit of dmg. And who really cares about dmg on those things, they barely effect anything. but I would say ctrap is better for dmg.

Your idea has too many things and its very badly organized, more enters and diagrams would be good.

@Scorchmist - +5 dex is a lot for an Archer, and a significant boost to DPS.
Tell me what “too many things” means, what you don’t like or what you think is unnecessary to the item.
I can create more sectional paragraphs, if that will help with the visual look of it.

And looking at it, armour broken is already strong so I can just remove the bleeding/Damaging completely.

From what I piece together from your quick reply, you didn’t take the time to read my meticulously assembled post :frowning: so tell me what I can do to help

well 3 dex is hunt is using ctrap, and they also get the spd bonus
And if the archer is using elven/t4 then its only 1/2. [quote=“Valkenrath, post:3, topic:10049”]
Tell me what “too many things” means,
[/quote]

like what is the trap 1 and 2
what is this weird hit box
why is all the dmg and effects all clumpted togehter
put bolding on key things [quote=“Valkenrath, post:3, topic:10049”]
you didn’t take the time to read my meticulously assembled post
[/quote]

i didnt b/c its incredibly hard to read it.

have you tried getting sb on high defence bosses? have you ever gotten loot on guards without an ST spell in a large group?
And for wands, it’s even worse unless you have a cwand. i don’t get your point.

I just want this to be a solution so I can use my beloved Bow of Nightmares instead of the goddamn Dbow for everything in the fuckin game[quote=“Tsunami, post:5, topic:10049”]
The quiver is useless in steamrolled bosses, it’s why you have a weapon that does dps…
[/quote]

I don’t get your point. Quiver’s great for steamrolled bosses, at least more than Hunt.
Plus, the point of huntress is a well-timed mana-eating chunk for a higher team support mechanic than Archer, so…[quote=“Tsunami, post:5, topic:10049”]
I mean if you compare the t0’s I would beg to differ. Also, you can stack traps for some bosses which is really fun. Also, the splash allows it to HAVE a difference in the first place, because of the enhancement in the status effect radius.
[/quote]

That’s not why I made this trap, goddamnit.

Also, before you can give me a roast, make your argument constituent on something that makes even a little sense.

tbh I was tired lmao

Great, now he’s covering his ass with a dumb excuse.

I’ll let you off, but don’t tell me BS about my post or any other post without justification and a rational argument.

nah everything I said was bs

I’d try to salvage my wounded pride at saying something that idiotic if I cared enough

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.