Bored Endgame Players Read This

ROTMG is a fantastic game, but many endgame players are bored. There is an easy fix to this! If there were a special key or modification that would double all the damage done by minions and double the loot they dropped, it would challenge veteran players. It would fix the boredom many veteran players experience.

The current problem is with a maxed legendary or divine pet, you can tank a lot of shots. If a dungeon had its minions do double damage, you could no longer tank the shots. Dungeons like Fungal, Nest, and such would be fun again. Maybe even Abyss with double damage/loot would be fun?

A big problem I see with this is that it only adds stat changes to enemies. What you’re proposing is similar to the Master mode in Terraria. For comparison, Terraria has three difficulty modes. Normal, the vanilla experience, Expert, the medium difficulty, and Master, the hardest one. What Expert mode does better than Master mode in Terraria is that it not only raises enemy stats, but also adds new attacks, which add more variety to the difficulty, and unique rewards for doing so. Meanwhile, Master Mode adds almost nothing asides from pets, whereas Expert mode exclusive loot had practical use. What I’m saying is, if we were to add some sort of harder version of RotMG for veterans, it would have to be fresh enough for it to be interesting. It’s one thing to just raise stats and call it a mode, but it’s another to add some content unique to that mode. What if we had more crippling debuffs, or new boss phases in endgame dungeons? I’d want this idea to take the approach of the Hard Mode version of The Shatters, adding in more variety with boss fights but also rewarding the player with that difficulty’s exclusive loot, in this case, the Chrysalis of Eternity.

What I am trying to get at is that simply raising stats isn’t enough, we also have to make the dungeons more varied in this mode to give more incentive to do its harder version. There wouldn’t be much fun for the average player in fighting the Void Entity but with doubled stats, only for a second chance at Omnipotence Ring. However, it would be interesting to see new attacks and enemies, maybe even an entirely new and harder fight, which not only gives higher chances at whites, but has a unique drop, whether it be a buffed version of a preexisting Void UT or an entirely new one.

That was Deca’s solution to begin with for endgame players who complained that the game lacked endgame content. They released very difficult dungeons with very difficult minions, i.e. shatters and o3

They already nerfed pets and introduced the in combat, out of combat system. Also, wouldn’t it be better to unfollow your pet entirely as a solution?

these are the people that stop playing as often as they used to or quit

I’m not sure if I’m an endgame player or how you define an endgame player since I don’t participate in any endgame dungeons, but as a veteran OG player, I still play the old-fashioned way and play inside the realms for an Oryx cycle or two and sign off.
I see a handful of other veteran players that do the same, but we are the minority.
I find this to be a solution for players like us, but recognizing everyone plays for different reasons, I attribute this mostly to my age.
I play games that are easy to sign in and sign out of in a 10–20-minute span and I don’t play RotMG to “game”.

Modifiers attempted to implement what you’re describing, but in a way that either increases loot by unnoticeable amounts or adds a very low chance for something else of value. These modifiers can also make the dungeon much harder for no benefit to the player, which is the #1 weakness of modifiers in my opinion.
(High Grade should always give more exp and loot imo)
I mainly think players getting to the endgame and getting bored is due to players zooming through the early game of their rotmg careers and jumping straight into endgame earlier as they are more easily carried by the powercreep before obtaining the powercreep themselves. I think spicing it up on the way to the endgame could justify/balance the harder endgame you propose.

I think ROTMG could easily be be spiced up by doing the following:
Reintroducing Heroic dungeons with normal mechanics, have them drop from lucky gods.
Making some Heroic versions of other classic dungeons (Snake Pit would be a huge one).
Adding Hard Mode conditions for certain dungeons (Cultist Hideout is probably one of the strongest candidates for this, Nest is another that could be considered).
Increasing the role of support classes like Mystic, Rogue, and Huntress, either by reworking (adding to) their toolkit.
Increasing the rewards of unpopular / longer dungeons like they did with LoD (adding Gpots) and Crystal Cavern (adding t13 alt weapons) AND Decrease the downsides of less popular dungeons (shortening or simplifying Para, Mad Lab, Tomb like they did Lost Halls clearing for Cult).

There still are currently gaps in ROTMG’s dungeon rewards and challenges, with many dungeons offering about 1 potion of one stat, a handful offering 2 or 3, then a few take leaps into giving out 5 or more. The difficulty is also pretty inconsistent overall and could be tweaked to create more linear arrangement of dungeon tiers and loot rewards. Hopefully one of these ideas could remedy that a little.

To be fair, I don’t think loot nor EXP is a solution for this subject. Once you hit the endgame environment, you don’t even struggle to obtain any item when compared to early/mid game players. DECA should consider other stuffs such as dungeon tweaks, HP Scaling better design and so on like new game mechanisms.
They don’t need to do a lot of stuffs to make RotMG a great game.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.