Boss dialogue upon player deaths

I’ve noticed that with all the deaths that happen in-game it would be cool if bosses had messages that like mock (using the lowest term of mock) players when they die. Some examples would be like.

Out of game example: In Star Wars the Old Republic, Dread Master Raptus had a shout for whenever a player died in his boss fight “In dying, you leave your friends to suffer…”

In game examples: In Puppetmaster’s Theatre, if a player died the Puppetmaster would say “Your friend’s corpse will make a fine puppet!” or “Oryx will enjoy Player1’s puppet in my play!”

Give me a while and I’ll probably make some more death quotes for basically all the dungeons (except those with mute bosses like Septavius).

Any thoughts on this idea, or suggestions for quotes?

Pirate Cave — Dreadstump

Dreadstump:”Ha ha! Player1 send me regards to old man Jones…” “Yar har har! Ye friends doubloons are mine!”

Magic Woods — Fountain Spirit

Fountain Spirit:”Player1’s spirit shall remain with us for eternity” “Your death, Player1, was suitable punishment for trespassing on hallowed land”

Haunted Cemetery — Ghost of Skuld

Ghost of Skuld:”Player1 wasn’t strong enough to complete this trial, how unfortunate” “New bodies for the trials! Prehaps you will face them soon…”

Mad Lab — Doctor Terrible & Horrific Creation

Doctor Terrible: ”Thank you for your body, Player 1! My human supply has become quite exhausted” “My minions shall enjoy their feast tonight— the main course? YOUR FRIENDS!” Horrific Creation: ”Me crushed that puny human!” ”Me enjoyed crushing your friends!”

Toxic Sewers — Glupord the Slime God

Glupord:”Glurp goop gloop! (you get the feeling it’s mocking your friend’s death” “Glorp glump goo! (You cannot shake the feeling it’s laughing at multiple of your friend’s demise”

Ice Cave — Esben the Unwilling

Esben:“Thank you all for bringing that soul. If you continue like this, I will become full!” “Because this dungeon you have chosen, Player1 shall forever be frozen!” “The soul of Player1 I did take; the rest of you this dungeon should forsake!” Special thanks to AKLDragon for all Esben quotes

Undead Lair — Septavius the Ghost God

Septavius:“Your friend’s soul resides with me at this very moment.” “Can you hear the screams of Player1? His agony is… invigorating.” Special thanks to AKLDragon for UDL quotes!

Lost Halls — Marble Colossus, Void Entity & Malus

Marble Colossus:”Player 1 has experienced the power at my disposal! Yield if you wish to avoid their faith!” “Watch your foolish friends die to my power! Flee to your Nexus!” Void Entity:”From the void Player1 was made, and to the void Player1 shall return” “Your friends fall into the void, they pass into darkness… they disappear” Malus:”Player1 will now become a sacrifice, how unfortunate for them” “Your friends were fools, they know not what we know” Special thanks to TROLLDLLR for ideas for quotes!

Tomb of the Ancients — Bes, Nut & Geb

Bes:”Your vandalism has been punished, Player1!” “Your friends failed to break my defenses. Will you break upon my impenetrable wall as well?” Nut:”Die, Player1, and know that you have failed” “While your friends die we shall remain; ancient and immortal as ever!” Geb:”My magical barriers have absorbed Player1’s life force. You are next.” “Oh how your friends fall like flies! It’s embarrassing!” Another thanks to TROLLDLLR for quotes and ideas for quotes!

More quotes to come!

Smells of the RotMG Classes

If you will add dialogue for every single bosses this is so good

I was thinking more Cuphead-esque style, where you’d get the quote on the death screen when you died. I can only imagine if you’d see messages from something like the Ice Tomb Massacre.

“lmao @Niegil died what a noob lol”
-literally every single boss

Thinking of adding over world Oryx quotes from defeating bosses and over world boss quotes like Crystal Prisoner, etc. Hardest one to think of is Esben quotes since he speaks in rhymes

Yeah, I thought about that and Im making some quotes for when multiple people die.

おまえ わ もう 死んでいる
xd

Uodate 1: Haunted Cemetery, Mab Lab and Toxic Sewers added

*Mad lab
Not trying to be critical, but I just said this because it’s like that in your original post too

Esben:
“Thank you all for bringing that soul. If you continue like this, I will become full!”
or
“The soul of Player1 I did take; the rest of you this dungeon should forsake!”
(wait that one sounds like Yoda)
“Because this dungeon you have chosen, Player1 shall forever be frozen!”
(This is kinda fun!)

Undead lair:
“Your friend’s soul resides with me at this very moment.”
“Can you hear the screams of Player1? His agony is… invigorating.”

Will fix that, and I’ll add those quotes and credit you!

shit we could have like
“press f in chat to pay respects”

Update 2: Undead Lair and Ice Cave bosses added! Thanks again AKLDragon!

Void Entity:

From the void player1 was made, and to the void player1 shall return.

Attempting to stop me is impossible, player1. Now drown.

Malus/cultists:

Player1 will now become a sacrifice, how unfortunate for him/her.

Nice. I’ll add them when I get the chance to do Lost Halls,

It need to have cooldown . Boss could spam chat if it killed a lot of people (like 15) if there was a lag . That would spam a chat . However really nice idea

I’ve thought about this, that’s why some quotes mention “your friends” instead of a specific player name. “Your friend” will activate when multiple people die within 20 seconds of each other otherwise it’s just “Player1”

Bes:

Player1 failed to break my defenses. Will you break upon my impenetrable wall as well?

The shifting sands of the Tomb will drown player1!

Nut:

My arrows have slain gods; now Player1 can be added that list.

Die, Player1, and know that you have failed.

Geb:

My magical barriers have absorbed player1’s life force. You are next.

Player1 is now part of the infinite list that spans the dead. I will be the one to write your name next!*

*Death note refrence

Snake Pit: Stheno

“Player1 sssslipped out of my attackssss, let’ssss see if Player1 can slip out of a python’ssss stomach.”

“Ahhh, finally my knives will cut human flessssh again.”

Abyss of Demons: Malphas

“Too bad there’s no funeral: I chucked Player1 into lava!”

“Drown in the hellish place I live in.”

Sprite World: Limon

“We aren’t powerful, but powerful enough to kill Player1!”

“Oh my, now Player1’s guts are all over my moving carpets!”

That is sinister as heck. I kinda thought Limoz would be nicer

Update 3: Tomb of the Anicenfs added! More to come later!