Boss dungeon: The Abandoned Shaft

At last, a dungeon idea by Seelpit that’s actually complete! cough that one Nature Dungeon I never finished on the Kabam forums cough

Anyways, allow me to show you a boss dungeon. What this means is that the dungeon only includes a boss, just like the Lair of Shaitan - which, so far, is the only boss-only dungeon in the game, not counting Bilgewater’s Grotto. (also this costs significantly less time to make due to the lack of minions and multiple rooms, ehehe)

##The Abandoned Shaft##
Once to be used as a way of quickly transporting goods from outside sources to the Nexus, this shaft has long been abandoned. A powerful magician resides in it now, and attacks anyone who dares to intrude.
Portal:

###Tiles
Right. There are 2 variations of tiles: one purple-ish, the other gold-ish.
The Ghostly Sorcerer spawns on the gold tiles, which are located at the top of the spawn room, much like the Forgotten King’s spawn.

The first variant is seen throughout the entire room, which is 15 tiles long and 10 tiles wide.
The second variant is only seen at the top of the room, with a length of 2 tiles and a width of 10.
###Enemies
####Ghostly Sorcerer

A master of magic with horrid power, mentioned in great legends written by a tribe long forgotten to ever have existed.
#####Quick side note: Ghostly Sorcerer’s walk and attack animation can be found here. Search for the tag “abandoned mineshaft”, “ghostly sorcerer” or “seelpit”. If you can’t find it, try this.
###Stats:
HP: 80,000
DEF: 35
EXP: 10,500

Immune to Stun
Immune to Stasis
Immune to Paralyze
Immune to Slow
Counts toward God kills
Quest boss

###Combat
####Attacks:
Damage: 220. Status Effects: Darkness for 4 seconds, Sick for 3 seconds. Speed in tiles/sec: 1.5. Range: 15. Notes: 3 shots, piercing.
Damage: 75. Status Effects: Paralyzed for 0.5 seconds. Speed in tiles/sec: 5. Range: 10. Notes: 6 shots. Amplitude: 0.45; Frequency: 0.15.
Damage: 130. Status Effects: None. Speed in tiles/sec: 4. Range: 2.5. Notes: Circular, 8 shots.
Damage: 70-85 (avg. 77.5) Radius in tiles: 3.5.
Damage: 60-100 (avg. 80). Status Effects: Daze for 4 seconds, Stun for 2 seconds. Speed in tiles/sec: 2.5. Range: 5. Notes: Boomerang, Armor Piercing.

####Behavior
The complete fight with the Ghostly Sorcerer consists of 4 phases:
####Phase 1: Magic Cannon
Taunt: “Intruder detected! How dare you enter without permission!”
"Adventurers, you shall bow before my unfathomable knowledge of magic!"
The Sorcerer fires 6 Yellow Missiles at an offset of 20 degrees, with a slight amplitude/frequency. Getting hit by one means that you’ll be permanently paralyzed until the phase ends or if a you get purified, so be careful. He also occassionally fires a slow-moving shotgun of 3 Dark Blue Magic shots at an offset of 30 degrees, aimed at the nearest player. He switches between being vulnerable for 2.5 seconds to invulnerability for 1 second. The phase lasts for 14 seconds, after which he will continue to Phase 2.
####Phase 2: Boomerangs and Bombs
Taunt: “Cease your actions, travelers - you cannot beat the magic I have practiced for centuries!”
“Haha, your attacks are mere jokes compared to mine.”
"You shall not take what is mine!"
The Ghostly Sorcerer will move towards the middle of the room, where it will fire Blue Boomerangs at the nearest player every 0.4 seconds. He will also throw 6 AoE bombs around him every 2 seconds that deal mediumly high damage and have a small range. If no visible player is in range, he will heal himself for 1000 health every 3 seconds, for up to 3000 health. Once the Sorcerer reaches 30,000 HP, he will continue to Phase 3; otherwise, he will revert back to Phase 1. (Note: The GS will not say a Phase 1 taunt after Phase 2 ends and he still has >30,000 HP left)
####Phase 3: Chase
Taunt: "Run, little bunny, run like a coward!"
The Ghostly Sorcerer gains the Armored status. He will then chase players, shooting White Orbs around himself, as well as shooting his Dark Blue Magic shotgun with an offset of 120 degress, aimed at the nearest player. This phase lasts until he reaches 5000 HP, after which he will enter his final phase, Phase 4.
####Phase 4: Rage
Taunt: “YOU SHALL NOT LEAVE THIS PLACE ALIVE!”
“I AM THE GREATEST MAGICIAN TO EVER LIVE!”
"YOUR TALE ENDS HERE!"
The Sorcerer will rapidly increase in size, roughly becoming 1.5x as big, whilst moving to the top of the room. He will heal himself 4 times, each time for 2000 health for a total of 8000 HP. He is invulnerable while healing himself.
After his recovery, he will start to run around very quickly and erratically while shooting White Orbs around himself, as well as his Dark Blue Magic shotgun - the narrow variant - and Paralyzing shots at the nearest player every 1.5 seconds; he will also throw 3 bombs in random spots every 2 seconds. This phase lasts until the Sorcerer reaches below 3000 health, after which he will say one of the following taunts while moving back to the center of the room:
“I…shall not…be…def…”
“Your crimes shall not be left unpunished…”
"I curse you all…farewell…"
After that, he will shoot a final grand shotgun of 10 Dark Blue Shotguns in all directions.
A Test Chest is spawned, containing all the loot!
###Drops

• Potion of Attack Guaranteed for 3 players if they are the only ones to get enough soulbound: if more than 3 players get soulbound, 3 of them will get one each depending on RNG.
  • Potion of Dexterity Guaranteed for 4 players if they are the only ones to get enough soulbound: if more than 4 players get soulbound, 4 of them will get one each depending on RNG.
  • Tier 12 Weapons
  • Tier 6 Abilities

[Edit 10-10]
As for the UT items…
Orb of the Sylph
Seer’s Scepter
Allow me to give a detailed explanation of these two.

###Orb of the Sylph
Said to grant eternal protection to those who worship it, this orb was used during ceremonies by an Amazonian tribe’s sorceress.

Tier: UT
MP cost: 100
Effects: Stasis and Curse to enemies, Armored to self
Stasis Radius: 3.0
Stasis Duration: 5 seconds
Curse Radius:
Curse Duration:
Armored Duration: Would like to point out that the top is the duration if wis ≥ 30; for the bottom, wis ≤ 30.
Cooldown: 7 seconds
Stat bonuses: +2 dex, +2 def
Fame bonus: 5%
Feed power: 850

Let us now proceed.
###Seer’s Scepter
Laid in with crystals from a decade old ocean, the very existence of this scepter was just a legend - until today.

Tier: UT
MP cost: 120
Damage: 140
Range: 7.5
Targets: 5
Effect: Paralyzes for 2 seconds
Stat bonuses: +3 wis, +30 MP
Fame bonus: 4%
Feed power: 800

Think of these what you will down below.

Whew, that was that. Hard work, but it was worth it.

Discuss.

Deca Producer Letter - August 2019

Hmm…
I dislike the sprite, it’s figure and coloring isn’t quite good in my opinion.
However, that being said, I made you a new one :smiley:

EDIT: It didn’t save :frowning: I should’ve known when I saw this well fuk

A Realmeye Christmas [CLOSED]

I love the idea of ‘Boss-only’ dungeons, it makes you focus on dodging more, rather than trying to kill everything in your way.

cough cough Belladonna’s Garden cough cough

How about instead of

We have it look more like…

For um… reasons ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Very reasonable

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I actually had one before this one which was, in my opinion, about 67% better.
Alas, the curse of the bugged draw tool was not brought up to me until now.
But I do certainly like the one you made, thanks a bunch!

That is the single most awesome thing i have ever seen contained within a 16x16 pixel bounding box. that sprite alone would make me consider making this dungeon if i was DECA.

This dungeon does need a UT whitebag tho, if it’s going to be in the same place as Shaitan, it needs to be as convincing if not more so to get ppl to actually do it

Thanks!

too bad it didn’t save lol

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.