Boss room sitting in Candylands is now offically outlawed :)

grafik

I’m assuming that it’s only when it’s reported though.

Bossroom sitting helped to stack bosses in groups back in the day, I hope it doesn’t automatically get sanctioned.

The dungeon would benefit from a small rework to prevent bossroom sitting rather than relying on reports.

Maybe they should fix the dungeon’s shitty design instead of punishing people that make it apparent.
And besides:

Going AFK intentionally

How exactly are they going to prove that someone is intentionally doing it without the “”“crasher”"" being a complete retard?

I mean, surely an unknowing player would understand when someone says that they should get out of the room they’re standing in. If they say no even after it’s been explained to them, you can see it as intentional.

I’ve been a moderator on a gaming community in gmod for quite some time a while ago, and I can assure you that rules like these just get loopholed to hell and back. After the 1st boss is killed they can simply stay in the room and their excuse might aswell be that they had a serious case of diarrhea, and you can’t really prove that they are lying since you weren’t at their house to witness it.

Someone’s excuse one time was that they were “washing dishes”.

Why doesn’t anyone drag minions to him while he’s having “diarrhea” or “washing dishes”

Why would you stoop to their level?

If you dragged on them because they’re sitting in a bossroom, you’d be just as bad as they were (if they were lying).

to be fair if you have diarrhea you deserve to be banned

Even if you wanted to, dragging in cland wouldn’t work. Mobs don’t want to follow you and they don’t do that much damage, so even in the best case scenario you’re going to spend forever trying to drag only to end up bringing maybe two unicorns to the boss room that will get wrecked because the boss sitter has autoaim or an electric pet.

well logically this would still get them banned, since they’re either actually not afk or they’re hacking.

Just make it so the boss room is closed until a boss spawns. Easy, all problems solved, stacking bosses may no longer be possible but it is a sacrifice for the greater good.

I don’t really agree with this sort of ruling on the issue of boss room sitting. It’s simply too vague of a rule to be effective at preventing the issue at hand. That’s not to mention the unintended results of such a rule. What’s stopping a player from intentionally spoofing screenshots of singular players in the bossroom after a boss is killed and reporting it in an attempt to get them banned? DECA needs to provide real solutions to the playerbase when game mechanic issues like this arise. I’m reminded of Lair of Draconis’ issue with people trolling easy mode calls. We as players had 0 power to prevent this and the only solution was DECA stepping in and changing the dungeon. (after years, that is -_-) Candyland needs to see similar DECA intervention in the mechanics of the game or else all we’ll see is player strife and nonconstructive discourse.

I’d definitely advise staying out of public candylands in the meantime. It’s simply too easy for someone to spoof “evidence” of you in the boss room in order to get you temp banned. Even if it’s resolved quickly you’d still lose your login streak. I hope DECA isn’t seriously handing out bans of this on the premise of screenshots alone.

From what I can tell, it would only get you banned from official discord, not the game itself. Someone please correct me if I am wrong,

The Machine has that new feature of disconnect tiles, that d/c anyone standing on them.

Candyland could have something like this added, to sweep the boss room from time to time, to ensure anyone truly AFK for a genuine reason gets safely disconnected, and to ensure the room can’t be perma camped.

Or make it so every player has a kill timer constantly ticking, if you don’t kill anything in 1 minute, you get d/cd.

Or just let the bosses spawn after 30 seconds regardless of who is in the room, if someone is dumb enough to AFK on the spawn tile, RIP.

They’re ruining multiple people’s experiences because they either want to troll or they think them not missing any spawned bosses is more important than other people’s experience, they deserve to have their character killed. they could easily sit outside the boss room if they need to leave, they could even nexus, but they chose to ruin the dungeon for other people.

No one deserves to have their character killed because of draggers. Yes, even if that person is an asshole.

Besides, like what Redox said, stooping to their level just feeds the troll

No, the pic is from a bot who’s copying ingame announcments into a discord channel

they’re actively being an asshole to other people and literally exploiting dungeon mechanics to ruin the dungeon for other people, they deserve whatever happens to their character.

“stooping to their level” is literally the only way to stop them from completely fucking over every other dungeon participant. Dragging is also literally the only way to show that someone is doing it intentionally, like JT said;

I have yet to see this announcement in game. If a player is not part of a discord or a forum (mainly reddit and here) how would they know?
I am not complaining, just curious as I would imagine there are hundreds of players that this would apply to at any given time.