Bot train in nexus

Would be a good play on their part, though who knows if they’re already doing so or not.

I am not sure how much that would help. “White hat” hackers are good for finding unknown vulnerabilities, such as in an OS. Also it works best for high-value, hard to find vulnerabilities as then you can offer generous bounties for found bugs, to stop them taking the hacks somewhere else.

The problem is we know ROTMG is vulnerable. As a client-server app that does much processing in the client then it is open to modifications in the client. I think Unity is harder to hack than Flash but it’s still a PC app, still open to hacking by someone with the patience/skills. All DECA can do is make it harder and less rewarding.

Yeah, there’s always a way. To Orsome’s point, I guess we don’t know if they are already doing so, but purposefully testing weaknesses because we know they exist seems like it would be fun for some players who could have done it maliciously instead. They’d just be beating the black hats to the punch.
Making the effort less rewarding is certainly a good step, though. Nipping the problem closer to the bud is always good.

Yeah sorry but your first paragraph is the reason I believe you’re just supposing that with no sufficient technical knowledge to assume those things because it’s extremely easy to do that stuff lol

Your second paragraph - “the end of most bots and multiboxers” I doubt completely

Your second paragraph - “the end of most bots and multiboxers” I doubt completely

We will see…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.