Bow Guide

I’ve been playing Archer for a few months now as my chill farming class with most of the bows in the game and I’m here to offer my opinion on the viable bows in the game.

Bows I have used:

Tiered Bows

Tiered Bows are considered among the worst tiered weapons. Due to their high shot count and therefore total arc gap at higher tiers (really the only tiers worth using) it is hard to make full use of all of the damage output at once. However, they do have one use, that being clearing. Tiered bows, because of the very thing that make them bad main bows, become excellent clearing bows for massive hordes of minions in a short time. However this is a fringe case and some considers this purpose to be better suited to the…

Coral Bow

Drops from Thessal the Mermaid Goddess

The Coral Bow, better known as “CBow” is sometimes called a “better Covert” because it has a higher true range of ~5.5 compared to Covert’s ~3.5 and a similar DPS. It fulfills the same clearing purpose as a Covert, therefore similarly lending itself more to a swapout role than a main bow.

Doom Bow

Drops from Septavius the Ghost God

Often called the best UT bow in the game, the Doom Boom, also known as DBow, is a mainstay on every archer set. It not only drops from a common and relatively easy Godlands dungeon, but it fulfills the important niche of being a high DEF specialty bow. Despite having a very low fire rate, it’s high damage projectile means it is in it’s comfort zone against enemies like Bes, Nut and Geb in the Tomb of the Ancients, the Nightmare Colony, Swarm Colony, Pterasite Colony, and Blob Colony of the Parasite Chambers, and Chase Phase Oryx 2.

Thousand Shot

Drops from The Puppet Master (Encore)

The bow that I, personally, use as my main bow. It’s high Rate of Fire makes it excellent for both slaughtering bosses, killing kited enemies and running around Godlands shredding Gods. However it does struggle against higher DEF enemies, so carrying around a DBow with it can be handy.

Leaf Bow

Drops from Murderous Megamoth

A high DPS bow that trades off the bow’s signiture piercing for excellent damage. It’s wavy shot pattern doesn’t have a massive effect of aiming and it’s 140% RoF is excellent. I like to use it on Event Chests and bosses that lack minions like the Son of Arachna.

Bows I have not used:

Bow of the Void

Drops from Void Entity

This bow is an interesting one, as it has extremely high DPS but a tiny range equivalent to that of a dagger.

Nectar Crossfire

Drops from The Beekeeper

This bow has the most shots of any bow, at 4, but has an extremely interesting shot pattern (click the link to see). It actually outdamages the VBow at low DEF but you practivally have to sit on your enemy to achieve this and it is therefore best used on a Event Chest.

DPS Graph

And thus concludes my opinion of all viable bows in RotMG at the moment. If I’ve missed anything let me know and I can add it in.

Bee bow is better covert prove me wrong

Tiered bows are not bad at all anymore.

Its horrible against the boss since the boss either has 5000 def or 0. Better to use other bows.

Xaklor forced me to feed a bunch of cbows 'cause apparently covert is better now :'c

I’m still of the opinion that dbow best bow :3

I’m too lazy to aim with dbow, but it is pretty much the best.

I find that I don’t use dbow much in game. If I miss a shot I miss out on so much damage, and you don’t get a bullet “stream” like you do from other bows, which means it is harder to aim on a moving target imo. I find myself using tshot a substantial amount more than dbow (like 10x more)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.