Bow of the Void [Rework]

As you all know, the Bow of the Void is alright but not anything special after the new P2W ST Crossbow has been added. Not only is the Crossbow more accessible but also has straight shots, which are a lot more effective to use and grants bonuses with a set at the cost of only a tiny amount of DPS. So for that reason, I propose the following rework of the Bow of the Void:

Bow of the Void

Version 1

Tier: UT
Shots: 1
Damage: 190-260 (avg. 225)
Projectile Speed: 16 tiles/second
Lifetime: 0.35 seconds
Range: 5.6 tiles
Amplitude: 0.35 tiles
Frequency: 0.2 cycles/shot
Effects: Shots pass through obstacles
Fame Bonus: 6%
Soulbound
Feed Power: 1,200

This version would make the bow deal a lot more damage and pass through obstacles, at the expense of not multi-hitting.

Version 2

Tier: UT
Shots: 1
Damage: 130-235 (avg. 182.5)
Projectile Speed: 16 tiles/second
Lifetime: 0.35 seconds
Range: 5.6 tiles
Amplitude: 0.35 tiles
Frequency: 0.2 cycles/shot
Effects: Shots hit multiple targets
Ignores defense of target
Fame Bonus: 6%
Soulbound
Feed Power: 1,200

This version is the opposite of the aforementioned version, dealing less damage for the ability to ignore enemy defense and still multi-hitting. Imo, this is my favourite of the two as it would be very useful for certain dungeons and would make sense in its context as its a bow of void, which supposedly isn’t stopped by normal armor as it isn’t physical.

Conclusion

Let me know what you think of the topic. This is just an idea I had in mind and wanted to put it out there because Bow of the Void as it is, is pretty much useless so feel free to share your suggestions!

I prefer the idea of increasing damage, but your high damage buff is overkill.

Your buff idea in yellow:

I’d rather go with a pure damage buff, instead of changing more about the bow, so I’d suggest a change to 175-245

this would double the difference in damage but not change it much from the original.

Although the best option imo would be a rework of the Deathless bow, it was introduced after void bow and takes the exact same place as it, with the same range and very close damage.

Changing the item to armour pierce would cause it to completely overshadow the ST huntress bow, as it would have far more damage and the ability to hit multiple targets.

Yeah, I went for an overkill damage because it has an amplitude to it, making it somewhat hard to hit still targets, on top of the low range. But I think you’re right, I might have exaggerated a bit too much. Anyway, my preposition for changing Vbow’s base damage was also to make it deal a bit more damage than Leaf Bow, as their DPS at 0 DEF is almost the same with it gapping the more defense the enemy has. I know thats enough to make people use it over Lbow but I don’t see the appeal of losing 1.6 tiles of range for a mere 120 DPS at 50 DEF. Enemies with more than 50 DEF are rare after all without them being end-game bosses too dangerous to get close to. The only examples i’d see of it being useful would be against Ava; the Stone Knights in oryx’s castle and in The Shatters. Bow of the Void is arguably one of the rarest bows and for it to do a mere hundred or so more DPS on most enemies just seems kind of… unrewarding.

I personally like to stick to my idea of making high-tiered bows shoot a single shot and let the Void Bow take the triple-shot niche, with armor piercing to maximize its strength.
It fits with the set’s defensive stats and quiver, as the former allow you to get in close and the latter allows you to deal insane damage close-up - so why not pair it with the bow?

Wouldn’t such a massive change to a coveted endgame item make players feel cheated and riot

The same would happen when IC/OoC gets put through, or when the Deathless Crossbow gets nerfed, or when virtually anything undergoes a major change.
Just because there’s some backlash on paper doesn’t mean it won’t work.

Well, I get your point of changing tiered bows to 1 shot and its an interesting idea but since its been 3 shots since forever, me and a lot of other people have gotten used to 3 shots. It’s super satisfying to have a weapon launch 3 shots which are easy to hit and pierce through enemies. Taking them away and locking them behind a white bag on the (arguably) hardest boss currently in the game would be super frustrating.
My idea to that would instead be for them to make another branch of tiered bows, like we have with rings but instead of branching off of T0 to the different stats, it would branch off of the last bow with 1 shot (T7 bow) and all the above tiered bows of that branch (T8+) would have 1 shot only while the 3 shot ones would also co-exist and drop as usual alongside these new 1 shot ones.

As for that Vbow rework idea, I think it’s awesome. Although I’d suggest that instead of 3 maybe it could have 4 with a relatively Low True Range. Something like this

The Purple Void bow is the old one;
The Pink ones is the new one:

• The first pink line is hitting all 4 shots (True Range: 1.54)
  • The second pink line is hitting 3 of the 4 shots, which will be what you do most of the time (True Range: 2.35)
  • The third pink line is hitting 2 or half of the shots (True Range: 4.76)

The cyan line is the T14 bow since Oryx 3 is just around the corner, but that doesn’t matter too much.

So basically: You’d have the best dps from 1 DEF onwards with the Void bow (not counting T14), but you’d have to get within 1.54 tiles which is basically suicide if stun immune. What you’d hit most of the time would probably be 3 shots as its not as dangerous or even 2, dropping your DPS by a lot and having you decide between getting close for big damage or switching to another bow for a more consistent dps.
For Armor Broken enemies not only would a T13 do a bit more DPS than Vbow but also be safer having a True Range of 3.56 as compared to 1.54.
With 3 shots hitting it would only be the best to use at 62+ DEF if theres no Armor Break and at a range of 2.35 to hit those 3 it would still be pretty risky to use.
2 or less Shots would completely be outclassed which would mean that at a farther range than 2.35 the bow wouldn’t really be good to use.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.