Buff paden

Give pally 65 atk

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe So

0 voters

Paladin is one of the best classes in the game, and its ability increases damage by 50% on use without a cooldown. While on paper, the Paladin technically only has 50 Att, it has 75 when it uses a seal. With your change, it becomes 65 base Att and 97.5 (rounds up to 98). You’re proposing giving a Paladin 98 Att with a simple press of a spacebar, even without any Att-boosting items. Add on the Healing of the seals and you’ve got a class with insane damage and health. That would make Pally even more OP than it already is.

TL;DR: Paladin doesn’t need a buff. This would make it overpowered.

With 45 Dex?

Paden*

Besides that, would you think that a nerf to his dex do anything xd

Actually I think it’s even more powerful than that- damaging multiplies weapon damage by 1.5, so with the attack damage multiplier being 1.8 (.5+att/50) then multiplied again by 1.5 we have a damage multiplier of 2.7 for an effective attack of 110! This is with no added attack at all on the new base 65 suggested.

He gets damaging, why does he need more attack?

I’m not sure where you’re getting those numbers, but Damaging makes all attacks deal 1.5x (50% more) damage.

Paladin does not need a buff, its not meant to deal the most damage, its meant to be a support class, also the fact it still does a hell of a lot of damage as a support class shows it isnt in need of buffing any time soon.

I got the damage calculator from the wiki, but I think the highest stats page makes it more clear. Basically, when calculating damage multipliers you first calculate it based off the attack of the player, then multiply it by 1.5 if damaging. So this then gives you a higher multiplier than if you just treated it as if damage gave you 50% more attack. And then the way I calculated effective attack was by taking that multiplier and going backwards (so minus 0.5, then times 50).

Exactly, all the Damaging buff does is multiply your attack damage by 1.5.

Nah, I think it’s good already. Paladins already get a huge DPS buff from their seals, and the seals don’t even cost a lot of MP, unless you use a Marble Seal. And even then, pallies have the highest wisdom in the game. If the paladin ever gets buff for attack, 65 is simply a no-no-no-no-no. Maybe 55? Maybe? But I think the paladin is already fairly balanced.

He has already good dps so why?

But in a normal situation, give or take there is normally at least one warrior or knight. Those two melee class are better than paden in the dps aspect. The fact is that paden is not that selfish of a melee class but risks its chance at loot.

DPS really isn’t all that important for loot. As a maxed melee, hitting a few shots on the boss basically guarantees soul bound, which is all that you need for loot. And when soloing, paladin has absurd DPS (for killing enemies faster) and survivability.
Edit:
Also @Atrapper all I was saying is that when you said the effective attack would be 98 that wasn’t exactly right. I agree with you about everything else.

Oh wait, I see what you mean now.

My point still holds up, though: your damage would be insanely high on a Pally with 65 Att.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.