Buff Tiered Rings

I noticed there is a similar topic: Simple Tiered Ring Rebalance, however I am not fan of that kind of rebalancing because of the extreme nerf on HP/MP ring.

Nerfing HP ring will anger a lot of players who spent bunch of Life pots to buy those. Ok so here are the numbers.

Stat Bonuses by Tier to match the HP/MP stat bonus by 10:1 ratio.

(Old Bonus -> New Bonus )
T1: 3 -> 4
T2: 5 -> 8
T3: 6 -> 10
T4: 7 -> 12
T5: 8 -> 14
T6: 10 -> 18

Here are the reasons:

• There are strong evidences that players are simply going after HP rings. While they do increase survivability, it did cost diverse gameplay choice.

• Because of “I would only wear Deca/UBHP, period.” or even “I would rather wear Para HP than a garbage UBDex” that kind of sentiment, Rainbow Rings are rarely received love from the community, with the only exception of UBMP (however they are not quite commonly sighted).

• Rings such as UBVit/Wis, by the community’s recognition, are right next to oblivion (with the exception of Wis-mod class like Sorcerer).

• Nerfing is not the solution, as mentioned above.

• As Deca pointed out, the IC/OOC will rejuvenate Vit/Wis, however that is one part of solution, not complete.

And many more reasons…

Now here the new numbers for UT and ST rings that contains rainbow stats (get ready, it will be really long):

This will include ST and UT armor as well.

Side note: Not all rainbow stats buff will correlate to the Tiered HP/MP ratio, but will make them rather a sidegrade.

• Spider’s/Snake Eye and Crystal Bone Ring (their Rainbow stats): 3 -> 4
  • Candy Ring (Vit/Speed): 10 -> 14
  • Fairly Ring (SPD, VIT, DEX, WIS): 2 -> 4
  • Captain’s Ring (ATT and DEX). 3 -> 4
  • Ring of Divine Faith (VIT and WIS) 5 -> 8.
  • Amulet of Dispersion (all non HP/MP Rainbow stats): 1 -> 3
  • Coral Ring (WIS AND SPD): 5 -> 8
  • Experimental Ring (VIT and DEF): 4 -> 6
  • Esben’s Wedding Ring (ATT): 10 -> 18
  • Tomb Rings (WIS, DEX, ATT, DEF, SPD): 4 -> 8
  • Crystalized Mist (DEF): 6 -> 8
  • Bracer, Gemstone, Crown, Potato and Sourcestone (ATT, DEF, SPD, DEX): 6 -> 10

And many more…

Replace the Unbound rings from Oryx 3 with Deca Ring
Post your unpopular opinions about realm here
Just a whole lotta polls
Replace the Unbound rings from Oryx 3 with Deca Ring
Tiered Rings Rebalance

I like your concept, however tradable tiered rings offering upto 18 defence/speed is absolutely crazy imo.

Edit: 18 attack/dex would also be crazy tiered rings shouldn’t really be capable of outdamaging crown.

Crazy yes, but those guys did not even stand a chance against UBHP/Deca simply because of “They are useless.” by many players. And plus, 10:1 ratio are easier to calculate than the current numbers.

I will mention that Rainbow stats from UT rings will get buffed too.

Although I have long agreed with this concept, I’d need to throw all this on a chart. The small problem I foresee is what the “average” opinion of experienced players are for what determines a ring “useless” in favor of other rings, like right now, or “overpowered.”

Using a recent example noted above, at what point would a UB Att/Dex/Spd be worth it’s weight in gold vs. underwhelming? We have plenty of ST’s and UT’s that mix and mash stats together, and we’ve had the community place value on them, sometimes even borrowing down the best characters to using them on. Or perhaps, these T6 rings will be cursed to be swap-outs at best.

This is a good note, because while of course tiered rings can be valuable, I would much rather have a ring that buffs several kinds of stats over a single one and in the end, this buff would hardly change what ring I use at all

Exactly. How much is too much, regardless of how much value players place on them

I actually disagree with this. Crown is a DPS ring that also gives 110 (!) HP on equip. In my view, it should give less in terms of DPS than a ring that gives purely DPS stats. We’ve grown accustomed to crown being the best passive DPS boosting ring in the game, but that doesn’t really mean that things are as they should be.

I’m just here, waiting for a ring with -Spd +Atk/+Dex for them dagger classes.

This is way too over-powered. I don’t think the disparity is as large as you’ve made it out to be. If anything, I’d support a nerf to UB HP and UB MP to 160 as opposed to buffing the others.

I know this is overpowered, but right now, Rainbow stat Exa/UB rings does not even stand a single chance against UBHP though. Take a peek @ Recent Death and see how many pure HP rings were lost vs other Rainbow tiered rings.

Problem: This will anger a lot of players who spent bunch of Life pots to buy them. I… in the middle. I am more a fan of UBMP than UBHP though.

Well I myself use UB Att for swap-out on my wizard, unless I was playing very badly / making poor decisions, I would not die with the UB att equipped (I would have likely switched back to Deca before death). I don’t really think they are that weak of rings honestly. I also use UB MP. Sure UB Vit and UB wis are useless, like all vit and wis for the most part, but that’s a stat issue, not a problem with tiered rings.

I really don’t think UB Att should be any more than possible +10 Att, maybe 11 or 12 to push it, but in my opinion that’s still a bit OP.

Tiered Rings Rebalance

Well UBWis and Vit need buff that’s the thing. +12 is not enough for UBVit though…

I mean OP yes, but would players go after Rainbow tiered stat rings after getting buffed to +12? That’s the question.

The whole reason of me making this suggestion is to make all rainbow stat ring (from UBSpeed to Vit) reasonable to use.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.