Buffs/Reworks of Various Abilities!

Cave Dweller Trap

A ceremonial trap used by the elite members of the Mushroom Tribes to ensnare those who trespass their sacred sanctum.

Tier: UT
MP Cost: 80
On Equip: +6 ATT +6 DEX
Effect(s): Spawn a Crystal Sentry that attacks single enemies
Throw Time: 0.5 second(s)
Damage: Sentry: 350 per 0.8 0.5 seconds (2100 3500 maximum total)
Range: Sentry: 8 tiles
Duration: Sentry: 5 second(s)
Cooldown 0.5 second(s) No cooldown
Fame Bonus: 6%
Soulbound:
Feed Power: 850 1,050

Drops from:

Notes:
Basically, more damage. It wouldn’t be too broken as Huntress only has 252 MP and the trap is single target. The trap is also more susceptible to damage reduction due to well, Defense. No cooldown since 0.5 seconds literally does nothing because the error sound would occur if you tried to use any ability faster than that.

Sealed Crystal Skull

An undamaged version of a well known archaeological artifact, radiating a potent dark energy. This rare find is coveted by many explorers.

MP Cost: 100
On Equip: +50 HP, +4 DEX, +4 VIT
Effect(s): Removes negative status effects on self when hitting one enemy; removes negative status effects on party when hitting at least three enemies at once
Damage:
Defense Ignored: 55
Radius: 5 6 tiles
Heal: 75 (375 total)
Heal Range: 5 (+0.5 tiles for every 10 WIS above 50) tiles
Purify Range: 1 (+0.5 tiles for every 10 WIS above 50) tiles
Enemy Limit: 5
Fame Bonus: 5%
Soulbound:
Feed Power: 900

Drops from:

Notes:

What a Puri skull should be. I increased the radius to make it easier to get another enemy to fulfil the second condition for the Purify. I also made the purify radius to the party smaller than the normal heal radius so people can’t take too much advantage of it. I also made an enemy limit so the skull with an absolutely colossal radius of six tiles doesn’t automatically heal everyone to full health. The skull should heal 375 at most. Higher than tiered tomes, but remember that you need five enemies, which is pretty hard to use to its full potential in boss fights, as there normally isn’t that many enemies.

And you’re sealing the status effects away hehehehehe

Skull of Endless Torment

This skull glows with the stolen soul of a phoenix trapped in the skull many years ago by Shaitan.

MP Cost: 110 125
On Equip: +50 HP, +4 DEX, +4 VIT
Effect(s): Inflicts Weak for 0.75 second (Cooldown of 1 second)
Ignores Defense of target
Increases damage dealt by 2000 when this ability is used on a Weak enemy for one ability use
Damage: 1000 (base)
Radius: 2.75 4 tiles
Heal: 80
Heal Range: 5 (+0.5 tiles for every 10 WIS above 50) tiles
Fame Bonus: 5%
Soulbound:
Feed Power: 1,000

Drops from:

Notes:
I imagined the skull to increase damage the longer you had your enemies in pain, hence the name of the skull and why I redesigned it to be this way. It can be used for massive burst damage and crowd clearing, since the radius isn’t a joke anymore. I made sure to make it so you can’t get too big with this skull, since the skull can go up only once, and only lasts for one use, so you can’t take advantage even with a Divine pet. This is a completely MP reliant skull I believe.

Jade Storm

A grand scroll capable of summoning sharpened jade shards, slicing through even the most durable enemies.

Tier: UT (Limited)
MP Cost: 175 150
Effect(s): Shots hit multiple targets
Shots pass through obstacles
Shots fire inwards
Shots: 5 (arc gap: 70°)
Damage: 475–900 800-1000 (average: 900)
Total Damage: 2375–4500 4000-5000 (average: 4500)
Projectile Speed: 11.4 18 tiles/second
Lifetime: 0.523 0.333 seconds
Range: 5.96 6 tiles
Soulbound:
Feed Power: 900 1,100

Drops from:

Notes:
I made it just a bit more spammable by lowering the MP cost a bit. I also gave it a lot more damage, and made the spell itself faster. It still has the title of huge damage, huge MP cost, though.

Bottled Medusozoan

A youthful jellyfish taken from the reefs of the ocean realms, residing within a coralglass jar.

MP Cost: 120 90 (26.66 damage/MP)
On Equip: +2 DEF, +4 DEX
Effect(s): Tosses a friendly cnidarian
Throw Time: 1.5 0.75 second(s)
Damage: Friendly cnidarian: 600 damage/s
Duration: 3 4 second(s)
Impact Damage: None
Damage Over Time: 1800 2400 total
Cooldown 3 second(s) No cooldown
Soulbound:
Feed Power: 900

Drops from:

Notes:
I made it useful and gave Assassin another viable ability, you’re welcome.

Alright, that’s all I’m doing for now. Let me know what you think of these!

Why buff jade storm?

^

Jade storm needs more changes before getting a buff

maybe making it actually obtainable would be a good one lmfao

I like these changes more than I dislike them, so I’m going to Like this post, but I’ll break down my thoughts one by one.

Cave Dweller Trap:
If it ain’t broke, then why fix it? Cave Dweller is currently the best trap in the game for raw, single-target damage, so I don’t understand why it needs a buff. If anything, Vile needs a buff, not Cave Dweller.

Sealed Crystal Skull/Skull of Endless Torment:
I like these changes a ton, since the changes to their effects are much more fitting, and it makes each item individually much stronger! These ones work pretty well.

Jade Storm:
Same case as Cave Dweller. It’s already super strong, so why buff it even more?

Bottled Medusazoan:
Ah, a person after my own heart! Medusazoan needs a buff badly, and I think you handled it pretty well here. This makes it much stronger, so I’m all for it!

Overall:
I don’t get why you want to buff Jade Storm and Cave Dweller at all, but the other 3 changes are all pretty good.

It seems like all you did was make most of these abilities incredibly broken

Cave Dweller
Why does this need a buff? It’s the best trap for damage already, like Atrapper said, buff Vile.

Sealed Crystal Skull
With that radius and the healing still being mostly intact it’s just a powercrept tiered skull that can puri you or the group (one of the most OP things any ability can do)

Skull of Endless Torment
So it does 3000 damage if you use it twice or if there’s a Bard with Pharaoh’s Requiem, and it still heals almost as or just as much as tiered? This is basically giving Necro a slightly worse sporous that heals too, but i can definitively see why no healing made Memento Mori and Agents of Oryx skull relatively useless, so this idea is still the best here, maybe lower the radius or healing a bit so it isn’t just flatout better than tiered most of the time.

Jade Storm
Already extremely good for crowd control so why?

Bottled Medusozoan
Again just flatout better than every other poison except Crystallized Fang.

It’s still not the best against moving enemies, gets affected by defense, still sorta meh during invincibility phases. I’m all for buffing this poison.

I like the skull changes, I used to wish that Torment did extra DoT damage but the idea of it doing damage on a debuff is awesome.

I felt like Cave Dweller Trap was underwhelming because of Huntress having only 252 MP. But you’re right, I should have focused on Vile. I might make a part 2 of this, though!

I wanted to make Jade Storm usable in situations outside of just crowd clearing, since that is a kind of small niche especially in endgame content. I still made it not too spammable since it still has a super high MP cost, though.

Thank you for your feedback!

Alright, I hear you guys. I shouldn’t have buffed Cave Dweller Trap and Jade Storm. I might make a part 2 of this in the future, so stay tuned!

I feel like it’s fine as is, a rare, highly sought after item only available through tinkerer, wc events and motmg.

I personally feel like that’s absolute trash design, legitimately useful/good items shouldn’t exclusively be obtainable from events, that’s just bad game design.

Legitimate good items can be limited to events, because events are exactly that. Rare occurrences that yield something unique. I struggle to see how that’s “trash design”.

i’ll say keep everything for Jade storm but down its MP to 120MP

I really like what you’re doing here, although I don’t think Jade Storm and Cave Dweller Trap needed the treatment. Your concepts for the ‘forgotten’ UTs are interesting and with playtesting the numbers, would breathe new life into them.

Yeah, that makes sense. Those two seemed fine on their own. Thank you for your feedback!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.