Bullet Vision

Upon holding a certain key (I would set it as the shift key) the environment’s brightness will be significantly increased but still allowing you to see your surroundings, obstacles (and maybe walls) will have their brightness increased by less to make them more visible , and the bullets will receive a dark outline, that is twice as thick as the outline given to entities. Other players become invisible, or become grey outlines, with their shots being invisible (if they weren’t already). Gravestones disappear, and your character’s hit-box becomes red.

This is bullet vision, an energy bar will be placed somewhere on the HUD, and when the bullet vision key is pressed it can last up to 15 seconds when fully charged, when not used, the energy bar will recharge at a rate of 3 seconds of bullet vision per second (maybe you can allow vit to affect the recharge rate). There’s also a 3 second cooldown between toggles, to avoid people spamming bullet vision to negate the recharge time. (it would probably give you a seizure)

This is my solution to the visibility problem, I like seeing other players bullets when in small groups, but not in large groups, so I would like to be able to toggle it on and off and it generally allows for better visibilty when dodging. Also, it could also add an element of strategy, as players will be thinking about the optimum time to use bullet vision, since it takes time to recharge.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Umm, well, I believe the visibility issue is one of DECA’s higher priorities now that O3 came out and is receiving tweaks for production. I think they were just going to create an option to make other players highly translucent for bullet visibility in crowds.

I don’t know about coloring anything different landscape wise, but I do like the idea for the option of thicker bullet shading! Several other games do that to improve the players ease of sight with thicker shading, like Smash Bros! That part would be worth the mention.

Just so you know, you can toggle ally projectiles on and off! I think the default hotkey is “N”, but I don’t remember for certain. You can change it in the hotkeys tab of your options.

While your idea sounds super cool, it isn’t really something I could see being added to the game unless through some unique UT ring or something along those lines. I hope that Deca does experiment with ideas like this that drastically change the way you play the game, though!

Haha, turning off ally projectiles was almost singlehandedly the way I’d effectively combated lag back when I played on flash. I couldn’t play otherwise

Oh, I didn’t know that, thank you. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.