Buying gold issue

I don’t know if this is the right place to ask this but I think I’ll risk it anyways since whenever I email DECA, it takes an hour or more.

So, I thought about it for a while, and decided to spend $20 on the game using a target giftcard I got a few years ago.
When I was going to purchase the $20 package, I got an error that said, “1017: Sorry, your balance is too low to complete this transaction. Your $25 Target card can be traded for $17.5 worth of credit to use towards a purchase.” I’m not good with money and anything related to it seeing as I am still in highschool, but why would a $25 card only be worth $17.50? Also I checked, and the target website said I had $25 left on the card.
also, yes, I already got parent permission cause I’m still a minor. :DD

It is a transactional fee. You would be hard pressed to find any entity willing to give you a one to one ratio. Honestly, I am not even sure how y’all are doing these types of transactions as I have never seen a source or link for such an option. Give me a source and I am happy to research the terms and conditions that apply.

That’s a good enough answer for me. Good to know that.

Also yeah, it said that $25 doesnt equal $25 after I made a purchase for something a little cheaper
@moderators dunno if I should ping, but close please?