Candy Land player limit

I know – though it’s more a distance thing than a time thing, they don’t spawn if anyone is too close. The problem arises when people spread out, looking for enemies, while some hang out near the boss room. They can stop most or all of the rooms spawning, depending on how many people there are and the size of the Cland.

It’s easy to fix if everyone stays together, but the more people there are the more chance there is one or two who don’t understand or don’t care. You can TP to someone to reduce the number of rooms that are blocked, but the danger of that is you can’t then TP to a boss if it appears just at that moment (as has happened to me more than once) and there are leechers.

Alright, does are some good points. So I think they should change the player limit when you open in guild hall instead, that would be nice.
Deca can maybe add a key shop inside of the guild, where they sell special keys, that have a higher player limit, and that can only be opened in the ghall, just like how skins can only be used in the vault.

Just a rule to keep in mind and play accordingly i guess

“hey, guys. don’t forget this key i’m about to open has a limit to how many people can enter, so EVERY SPAM ENTER RIGHT NOW to ensure everyone gets in.”

that’s how i got in my first shaitans when i wasn’t familiar with it, and i was coming back from quitting, i mean a vacation. wasn’t too difficult

Idk, some people are just too impatient to wait for others when they’re opening keys. And what’s this about spamming enter? Wouldn’t that just make you open the chat box?

Enter meaning interact, the button that “enters” the dungeon

As long as everyone spams interact on top of a dungeon upon opening they will all get in despite the limit.

Yeah I know that, from my experiences with the ptrain, but it’s just too inconvenient to just keep spamming the interact key the whole time. Or if someone shows up late and the key has already been opened; they would miss it. So why not just add special ghall keys that can only open within the guild hall, and have no player limits, Or a higher player limit at least.

Because, it’s simply not worth the effort which would have to be invested.

There are more major pressing issues which are unaddressed. They also have major updates in the works. A minor inconvenience for minor dungeons is really not something that is high priority.

Also refer to what people have stated above. The limit’s there for a reason. Just use the work-around suggested if your guild is so desperate to do a mass candyland. Though most people won’t even get sb in at boss, but that’s of course your issue, not ours.

Agree with this beautiful dude. The player limits is understandable in realms but not in ghalls.

Maybe deca should have the opener set a player limit up to a certain number like 50 for example.

Maybe, but really, it only affects a small fraction of dungeons (those opened with keys), a couple of dungeons, and of those the rare cases where a group of players want to play the dungeon with more than it was designed for.

As it is, dungeons opened by keys are the same in all ways to those spawned in realm (or wherever they appear). That is simple, logical, and easy for everyone to understand. If your problem is there are too many players for the dungeon then buy another dungeon key.

Did I mention anywhere in the original post that this HAD to be added by Deca right NOW? I’m just saying how I feel about the player limit for candy lands, not how I want Deca to put this in the game right now. Honestly, you should just reread the original post before you start commenting.

The only work around to it is to keep spamming the interact key, most people are impatient when they want to open their keys, so they don’t want to wait for people who just got online, or who are finishing up another dungeon. Waiting for every guild member that wants to come so you someone can open wastes a lot of time.

How is this relevant to the original post? I didn’t say anything about getting loot, and the drop chances in a candy land are weird, you can solo a candy land and get 0, other times you can be in a group with 8 other people and get a blue bag, the drop rates aren’t about the amount of people, it’s completely random.

I think the point is that whatever the SB threshold is, as you add more players you just add more who get nothing.

In fact if you add too many players no-one has a chance. E.g. if the threshold is 20% (as the old XML I have says it is, for CC), and you have 10 evenly matched players, each doing about 10% of the damage, then no-one gets a chance at a CC.

This is typical of enemies: you need to do a fair amount of damage, typically 10% or more, to get SB. The exceptions are chests (obviously), O1, O2 and I think the Avatar.

Usually 70% of the people are wizard and melees leeching and claiming they’re 0/8 and therefore useless so it would be pretty shitty to see that happen with 20 melees and wizards. When i tell them to help I don’t want to get called gay 10 times instead of twice. No chance for decent players who care enough to clear.

Yeah but my idea is for increasing player limits for guild dungeons, so if the cland was opened in a ghall, it would have a higher player cap. Usually, people don’t leech in guild dungeons unless they want to be kicked.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.