Can't update the game due to Bitdefender

So my antivirus, Bitdefender, had a false positive on part of the new Realm update and quarantined it. I got it to undo that action, but it forced me to replace the file manually, but the correct path wasn’t there. Now it just won’t update properly, and gives me the error pictured below. I’ve tried uninstalling, deleting the production files, and even disabling the antivirus. Nothing has worked so far. Since the affected file is in my documents folder, a system restore wouldn’t work, so I feel super stuck. Any help would be appreciated!

Fixed it! The file I misplaced, global-metadata.dat wasn’t allowed to go in the Metadata file because of the antivirus. So I made a new file and put the .dat file in it, deleted the empty “Metadata” file and renamed the new file “Metadata”. Felt dumb, but it worked

I know you already fixed it, but whenever this happens to me, I’ll go onto the bitdefender app and go to notifications and add whatever was blocked to exceptions or whatever the option they have there.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.