Captain's Shield

Captain’s Shield
Caps%20Shield
A shield once wielded once by a hero. It is seemingly unbreakable and its lightweight property allows it to be thrown at enemies, stunning them.

Effect: Shield is thrown as a projectile
Effect 2: When shield hits a target or an obstacle (or anything like), it ricochets back towards the user’s location.
Effect 3: Stun for 3 seconds. +.5 seconds every 1.5 tiles traveled up to +3 seconds. (edited)
Effect 3: Hold space to charge and throw the shield faster! (ricochets faster too)

Condition: If user fails to hit a target, shield lands on the ground after traveling its maximum range, and user must “retrieve” it by walking over it.
Condition 2: Shield’s tracking is not perfect when returning to the user, thus it is up to the user to “catch” the shield as it attempts to return or else consequences of condition 1 will be met.
Condition 3: While shield is thrown, shield cannot be used, unequipped or swapped out until retrieved.
Condition 4: If user fails to retrieve shield, shield will regenerate after 10 seconds.
Condition 5: If shield hits a target or obstacle on the way back, it simply falls awaiting for a retrieval and enemies hit will take damage and stun at base stun time.

Damage: 600-650 damage; +50 damage for every 1.5 tiles traveled up to +300 damage. (edited)
Range: 9
Cooldown: (Whenever the shield is retrieved or regenerates)
Projectile Speed: 20
Charged Projectile Speed: 40
MP cost: 75
+10 Def
+5 Spd

Summary: Basically the player throws the shield to stun. Player must catch the shield or retrieve to cool down. 10 sec regeneration if not retrieved.

Overview: Yeah, its Captain America’s shield. Mechanics are also based off of him throwing his shield. Primarily used to stun enemies from afar, basically being a ninja star that stuns. It sacrifices damage, and piercing shots to do this. Damage and stun time vary depending on distance traveled. If players want a hard hitting shield and want stun time they must aim further. Stunning is already OP on its own, and now that it has insane range, the players get punished for bad aim or having butter fingers as they have to retrieve the shield. However, MP cost is cheap and players can still perma-stun if they’re near enough to catch the shield more easily but using a conventional shield will be more effective. Since cooldown depends on retrieval, fire rate will vary based on that. Charging provides no damage or stun advantage or MP disadvantage and is for players who need accuracy based on projectile speed in exchange for a harder catch.

Thanos’ snap spell when ?

This is a cool idea, but this wouldn’t be a shield I would use at all for a few reasons.
This shield stuns for basically nothing. It stuns for less than a t0 shield. Further more, there is only 1 shot making it not only impossible to perma stun, but also incredibly hard to hit. Furthermore, the shield doesn’t hit multiple targets. I’m 90% sure this will be the first shield to not hit multiple targets. Because of the retrieval aspect of this shield, I get you cannot make it hit multiple targets, but this just makes it worse. You have a shield, that basically, hits for nothing, stuns for nothing, doesn’t hit multiple targets, and you can even lose it all for the fact that it is given pretty good range. This is my negative observation of this shield.

^^^^^
All before edit

On a side note, I have a few suggestion for this shield.

Suggestion 1
Buff the damage a lot and buff the stun. By doing this, you make a shield that does an incredibly large amount of damage, and also allows you to stun at a safe distance while at the same time making it hard to hit because of 1 shot, and you can also lose it.

Suggestion 2
Remove the part where you can lose the shield. Lower the shield mana, and make it hit multiple targets. By doing this, you can make a spammable shield that is really good for staying far away at enemies and being able to stun large groups of enemies, while at the same time, not being able to damage a lot and making it harder to hit the intended target because there is only 1 shot.

Suggestion 3
Sorcerer shield. Make it so that when the shield hits 1 enemy, it then starts hitting enemies near it. Of course it would only hit a certain amount of enemies. Also, the retrieval part of the shield would be removed. From what I can tell, this shield is supposed to be based off Captain America’s shield, and from what I’ve seen in some movies, his shield was shown to bounce off multiple people or objects. Also, this would be a completely new and different shield from every other shield.

Suggestion, buff a bit but increase MP cost because 75 mp… for that much damage and an insane stun time…

:smile:

i think that’s ez corypright

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.