Cedric Dain - NPC Idea for the Daily Quest room

Cedric Dain, The Scholar

There is much to this world, kind hero. Explore Oryx’s realms and report back to me so I can study them!

Cedric Dain is a new NPC that would appear in the Daily Quest room who will tell you about the enemies and the realm and reward you if you help his cause!

When you talk to Cedric Dain, he will give you the option of a daily study quest, or let you browse his Enemy Encyclopedia.

Daily Study Quest

Each day, Cedric will offer you a quest to explore the realm, or defeat event bosses.

Exploration Quests:

These quests require the player to simply uncover tiles by walking around in the realm and mapping them.

Example:

Beach Mapping
These beaches contain many interesting creatures, dear hero. Map these areas so that I can study them

Quest: Uncover 20000 beach tiles.

Reward: XP Booster 20 Min

Event Quest

These quests require the player to slay event bosses in the realm. Event bosses now drop a respective mark that represents them. Amounts of marks needed depend on the rarity of the event boss. Completing an Event Quest also counts as 10 kills against the specified Event Boss Monster in Cedric’s Enemy Encyclopedia.

Example:

Rectangular Menace
I wonder what brought Oryx to creating such an extraordinary adversary of ours… If you can defeat some of his Cube Gods and report back to me, I will grant you a reward.

Quest: Obtain 2 Mark of the Cube God image

Reward: Rare Mystery Key or Quest Chest, or XP Booster 1 Hour

Enemy Encyclopedia

Cedric Dain has a grand book of monsters that he fills out as you defeat enemies. At first, the book is completely empty, but whenever you kill an enemy 100 times, it is unlocked in Cedric’s book. When an enemy is documented in his Enemy Encyclopedia, you can read about the enemy’s stats, different attacks and drops. You also automatically gain 10% more XP and in turn, Fame whenever you kill an enemy which is documented.

The Enemy Encyclopedia is split up in different regions with each their group of enemies, ranging from the Beach to the Midlands,Highlands, Godlands and all dungeons. When you fully complete a section in the Enemy Encyclopedia, Cedric will reward you with Quest Chests depending on the difficulty of the area.

I hope you got the reference.

anti idle?

oh and what happens when you complete the entire book? what happens for setpiece bosses? event bosses? dungeon bosses? (because killing marble colossus 100 times is gonna be harder than killing everything on the beach 100 times)
oh and are the candyland gnome and beach bum exempt from these? they’re extremely rare so maybe they’re just optional for if you want to 101% it?

You can just add the quests to the tinkerer, and keep Cedric as a informative NPC.

That’s always a possibility.

Lemme Make this

• The Scholar should keep the quests
  • Give quests to Tinkerer

0 voters

why cant i have both

I mean it takes up more space and we really don’t need another NPC

no i mean both options at once

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.