Change animation for entering a dungeon

Read the title. I like that theres an animation, and its pretty cool to see people getting beamed into nexus. However in dungeons this is really annoying. When you screen rotate so that the bottom of your screen is facing spawn and the top of your screen is facing the hallway (which is usually my first step once I enter a dungeon) the beams go from the top to the bottom of your screen. This is kind of ok for one or two people joining, but with many people entering the area it creates a lot of beams flashing in the middle of the screen, temporarily blocking your view. Some possible solutions:

• Make the beams translucent. I’m fairly sure this is possible on unity.
  • Make it so that the beams always go from up to down according to the 0 degree default direction. Meaning that if you have the your camera angle at 0 degrees you will still be blinded, but if you screen rotate the beams will appear angled on your screen.
  • Just add a different, smaller animation (such as the characters spawning in white then transforming to their regular colors, or a white dot that grows to the size of the character then disappears

Just give us an option to turn it off deca. ffs

Yeah I’m afraid this effect gets filed under the thanks but no thanks graphical clutter for me, and it would be switched off if I could.

I’ve played in Exalt for maybe 10 min but I already hate this animation. I was in a parasite and the beam covered a painling charging into spawn.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.