Change armorbreak symbol to Ogmur, and some other stuff

Ogmur is the only item we have that inflicts armorbreak, at the moment. That said, I think it’d be much more visually consistent w/ (and instantly recognizable, although it’s not like red numbers turning purple isn’t something you immediately notice - maybe make the “armorbreak” text purple?) the armored + invulnerability status effects. I get it, by this logic you could make the t0 shield armoured status a jugg symbol, but we’ve used the t0 and t5 shields to represent armoured and invincibility since… a long time.

I also think it’d be cool if they would add a x3 defense status effect (probably denoted by the t2 shield) and add it to various enemies to increase the scale from self-inflict armourbreak (afaik I’ve only noticed this on tomb bosses), no status effect, and armoured, (three different defense levels, omitting invulnerable) to self-inflict armourbreak, no status effect, armoured, and this new x3 defense status (four different levels of defense) called… what would one call that? I can’t think of anything that would properly denote that. Ward? Warding? I really don’t know. I was thinking about it as a round-about way of buffing samurai, but now that I think about it, exposed stacks w/ armourbreak - doesn’t that mean it’s a strict -20 armour no matter what you do? Welp, whatever. Combined w/ whatever DECA decides to do to swords, daggers and katanas, they can have more control over which classes are the most likely to do whatever damage to whatever event.

P.S. Also, I know this is in the ideas section, but I realized that… invulnerability is defined by the mithril shield, not colo, and that for the longest time, t6 abilities (aside from the status symbol) were only +2 wis and +2 vit. I’m aware that oryx initially just… spawned on the beach, and that adding stone guardians/castle and Oryx’s chamber were two very seperate updates, but is it because WC (and by extension, Oryx’s chamber) wasn’t in the game initially that T6s weren’t balanced?

I think the status effect symbols are fine as they are to be honest.
At the moment, a majority (if not all of them) consist of various shades of a single colour and I feel like that’s how it should stay. Suddenly changing the status effect icons for invulnerability, armoured and armour broken seems out of place.

Furthermore, shields aren’t the only thing to armor break, let’s not forget that enemies inflict it upon players too, so an Ogmur icon would seem pretty unfitting.
I mean, while you’re at it you may as well just make the stun icon a shield too, since it’s also associated with shields.

mmm… I can’t remember what the stun icon looks like.

What? I only mentioned changing the armourbreak icon, and introducing one new one. I mean, sure, ogmur was introduced after armourbreak (someone correct me if I’m wrong) but we also use t0 and t5 as armoured and invulnerability, respectively, despite the fact that they were used before knights were introduced as part of the class update.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.