Change who you've replied to

A useful thing to add would be ability to change who you’ve replied to. Either to a different person, or if you want the reply to be just “to” the whole thread, ability to remove the name.

Like in this case, I started writing a specific reply, then after I posted I realised it would have been better as a reply to the whole thread, but no way to change (as far as I could see at least, please advise if I’m just unaware of method).

I tried searching around but apparently no other Discourse forum has had this problem before lol.

Totally agree, I always reply to the wrong person. :slight_smile:

Once the reply box is open, I don’t think there is a way to change. What you can do is copy the text you already wrote, close the reply box and open another one, replying to whoever else you want to.

Thanks, yes that works if you notice before you post.

I suppose if desperate to “fix”, the same could be done with an already-posted reply, and delete your first post.

Once the reply box is open you can change by pressing this

Makes you reply to the whole post instead of a person.

Doesn’t matter tho, this topic is about changing it after you’ve already posted.

Didn’t know that, thanks.

Good to know at least there is this way to fix, if you notice before you’ve posted.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.