Changed up the prod rings a bit

The rings on prod looked a bit bland to me, decided to change them up.

Could you make a pic with shading pls? Seesm to look quite nice.

Cool sprites you can use this to make them even better :slight_smile:

I prefer to use paint.net seeing as I can make the sprites as a sheet.

Possibly.

You can but you have to do a lot of screenshots
Only thing that I miss in your sprites is that black line around every sprite like in here

You’d have to do the same on RotMG Draw.

No you don’t, @GGProGamer means the small shadow line automatically put around it

I know what he’s talking about, but in order to upload them here I’d need screen shots of each and every ring. It’s easier to do when they are all on one row.

Unless I’m missing something.

Sadly there is nothing you are missing… there really is no good way to save them. I personally prefer not to use the editor, but putting the shadows on is almost a requirement.

Well the shadows are applied soon as they are in game. Do you know what a sprite sheet is? Let me break it down. A sheet is a grid of any size, that is used to create any number of sprites. I have a sprite sheet of about 532 sprites total as of right now, and in the source these sheets are used to organize sprites. If a sprite is on the sheet and it’s same index number is used in the xml for said sprite, the sprite is then used in game. The shadow is just a display thing that is automatically applied to any sprite in game. Images you create do not need to have that shadow.

Of course I know what a sprite sheet is, but that’s a pretty good explaination. I am saying that when presenting them to someone, such as through this forum, a shadow is pretty much a requirement in order for those looking at it to visualise it.

they look fine imo right now

these look orangish

IMHO it’s too busy. On such a small item the detail will be lost, and I think simplicity in the art is one of the cornerstones of the game’s aesthetic.

More on an old thread:

I don’t intend to have them added in game, in fact they probably won’t. Just posting sprites cause I don’t have much else to do today.

I do understand what you mean about them being busy and over detailed though. Wasn’t necessarily my intention to over detail them in the first place, I just go overboard when spriting. And also, I’d definitely use RotMG Draw, if they actually cared about stopping sprite stealers. Yes I know posting sprites on this forum is asking for them to be stolen but since these are just prod item reskins, I don’t care much.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.