Changes I'd like to see reverted once the Unity Client is out

DISCLAIMER: This entire post is predicated and based on the idea that the Unity client will prevent any form of duping to occur.

Over time DECA has changed and added a few things I have to say I’m not personally a fan of but can’t really blame them for. Many changes were necessary to prevent items from being duped or for duping to occur. I don’t really remember whether it was Kabam or DECA but they also changed a few things regarding unnamed characters.

Here are (some) of the things I would like to see added back, or changed when we get a remake of the game.

#1 - Unsoulbound tiered items

Quite frankly, it’s a little silly that tiered items are soulbound right now (t13 weapons and t14 armors). Assuming duping will not be possible when the new client is released, this is the first thing I would hope is changed. I think its misleading and kind of shitty that even loot tier potions don’t currently affect T13 weapons and T14 armors… I mean you may as well give them the UT tag and make them drop in a white bag… ridiculous. So please UNSB all tiered items.

#2 - All duping-related "fixes"

-Trading after oryx closes the realm
-Non sb items drop in brown public bags (return of droptrading)
-Maybe UNSB Rare pet eggs?
-Either make all ST sets soulbound, or make none of them soulbound. Having this mish-mash of SB and UNSB St items is confusing and would be pointless in a Unity Remake

#3 - Reverting the Unnamed character changes

My #1 thing I would like to see from the new unity client remake is bringing back unnamed characters. As many of you know, a few key changes were added to prevent multiboxers from abusing unnamed characters. If Multiboxing will no longer be an issue, I don’t see why we can’t allow unnamed characters to play like normal, with SB loot, and the ability to teleport.

Since unnamed characters cannot type in chat, they can’t be used as spambots anyways.

#4 - Perhaps a UT weekend?

A fairly controversial idea, but without duping I think it would be pretty neat to have UT weekends once in a while, perhaps even yearly for Motmg. Of course these UT weekends would have to revolve around new item IDs since UT items have a chance of having been duped in the past so they should not be included in the UT trading weekend. Only items whose item IDs are new (drops that occurred after unity client was rolled out)

I also propose that items such as LH and Shatters whites stay Soulbound in order to be a testament of skill for players that obtain them.

#5 - /pause

I can understand preventing players from leeching by using the /pause command in dungeons, but not even in the realm? come on! Maybe I gotta take a piss, maybe I want to feed my dog, maybe I just want to conserve my loot drop… and for everyone that argues that it ruins the ‘fast pace’ and ‘flow’ of the game, take a look at test chests/loot chests.

Any thoughts? Did I say something stupid, is there something you would like to see reverted that I failed to mention? Please comment below.

Not being able to just drop my extra shit for randoms probably plays a bigger part in me not playing than I think.

Such a small change that annoys me nearly every time i play

#1,2: Unity is a new client. Duping is on the server and won’t be fixed with a new client.

#3: Won’t be hard to bring back mboxing. You just need to send inputs to different instances of the client taking account of the movement speed of the characters.

#4: Highly unlikely (they said so in the AMA). I think the main concern is endgame players will just buy all the UTs they ever need (and spend much less money after).

#5: No reason was given for the change but many people believe its duping or fame train related. The same reason would still stand with unity.

I’m sorry man but literally every time questions concering duping are asked, DECA themselves respond with “rotmg’s poor client coding” and not “server issues” Can you elaborate on how this is a server issue, and how it could be fixed? I don’t really see how it has to do with DECA servers.

And cheating should be much more difficult with new anticheat. Remember, the game is being remade from the ground up. It may be a very long time before we even see new cheats for the game.

For Mboxing to be successful, it largely depends on the use of hacked clients. Sure you can open and control 10 accounts at once, but how you gonna fire all of them at the same time at the same target? How are you going to prevent the death of any one account? These things cannot be accomplished without cheats.

That’s… the idea. actually. Let me give you an example.

Johnny currently has an oreo in his vault. But Johnny dislikes playing the paladin class. His oreo is useless. However, Jim has a Quiver of Thunder in his vault. He dislikes archer but loves Paladin. With a UT weekend, Jim and Johnny can both be happy, but without UT weekend they are forced to drop or feed their incredibly rare UT items.

Also I’m not quite sure what UT items have to do with spending money… Perhaps on keys is what you mean? but then again, I doubt DECA makes the bulk of it’s money from key sales. Plus, you think these UT items would sell for cheap? not everyone has hundreds of life potions sitting around their vaults.

I propose that items such as LH and Shatters whites stay SB in order to be a testament of skill for players that obtain them.

#5: No reason was given for the change but many people believe its duping or fame train related. The same reason would still stand with unity.

Again… these things can be changed you know. Band-aid fixes like removing every fucking command are cancer. Why not actually fix these things so all players can be happy?

1. T13 weapons and T14 armours are better off Soulbound.
    I think it signifies that people have actually bothered to play the game to get the highest tier equipment. It’s annoyed me that recently I’ve seen so many players running around with WC tops because they’ve become so easy to obtain and buy now.
    I remember back in the day when most people preferred to settle with T10-11 weapons and T11-12 items since they were a little easier to obtain.

2. I don’t think the oryx part is an issue, keep it how it is: No trading when the Realm is closed.
    if you really want to give people an item so bad then just lock them and give it to them at the Stone Guardians or find them sometime after.
    regarding Pet Eggs, I think that common eggs should stay the only trade able eggs. rare eggs drop from gods at a fairly high rate, so if you want one then go work for it.
    I think ST’s are fine how they are too, they should stay untouched and any new ones that are real eased should just follow the DECA tradition and be Soulbound. It would seriously mess up the economy if people were storing ST’s as currency and they suddenly all got soulbound-ed.

3. Unnamed characters not teleporting is not an issue. If you want to have access to all of the functions of the game, make an account. It’s very simple.
    Multiboxing isn’t hard, so keeping this the way it is, is completely fine in my eyes.

4. UT weekend where only UT’s that are obtained after the Unity update…I’m sorry but this is ridiculous.
    I’m completely against trading UT’s; yes, trading is sometimes good, but people would be obtaining highly sought after UT’s because they have riches in pots an other items.
    People argue that the game is “too grindy”, though I’d like to disagree.
    The game isn’t about seeing items you want and then going crazy trying to get them.
    You do various content and you earn different items from that.
    Whitebag UT equipment isn’t something you’re supposed to get, it’s something that you are rewarded with every now and then.
    So yeah, I’m completely Anti- “UT Weekend”.

I’m sorry I disagreed with 80%+ of your points but I think most things are as they should be and DECA hasn’t majorly set a foot wrong, content-wise.

I’d like to see a quote of this.

Client is just the thing to communicate with the server. Duping happens because there are ways to talk the server into duplicating an item (through a sequence of messages). The same sequence of messages will still work unless the server code is fixed.

You just need to send the input to all of the chars.

Yes for this you need a hacked client.

Hundreds or even thousands of players have hundreds of lifes on their mule (thanks LH). I myself am more than happy to pay 8 deca for omni.

Chest events…?

You mean sb?

I hate bandaid fixes too, but then it has nothing to do with moving to unity. If they want they can fix it now.

As someone in possession of 0 of these items, I agree.

I agree as well, as someone with plenty. Some items should just have prestige to them, and even though halls aren’t super ultra hard, it’s nice that there are unique rewards from it.

multiboxing should still be possible after the client gets ported. all you have to do is open the game multiple times and write a script that makes the accounts move in sync. afaik, multiboxing works just as well now as it did before the unnamed accounts got screwed over. the reason you don’t see them even though they’re still possible is that they’re super easy to report if they’re named, and they’re completely worthless unnamed.

I don’t really see the point of having an unnamed account anyway, any possible benefits are super minor and the issues they can cause are a huge pain.

I mean, you didn’t say if Johnny liked playing archer :3

No, but seriously, this forces players to play new classes. Other than boredom, the only reason I would change from a knight to a warrior if I got a jugg. If you could trade UTs, I woud just sell the jugg for 8 skeleton warrior skins, and be set for the next year!

Idk man in the past tops from WC were very difficult to get and purchase. No one complained about their rarity.

That’s because DECA has recently buffed the droprates for tops to insane levels. It wasn’t like this 1 year ago. I forgot to mention this but I think deca should rethink the droprates for these items. They kindof screwed the tiered progression system. Once you get ~t6 items and you get a def pot you can just skip t7/t8/9/10 and just buy a t11 sword with 1 def pot…

But why? Why would you keep this change? I understand it’s very nitpicky, but why deny the players something as mundane as this?

I have to disagree and stand by my original comment. I think either ALL sts should be soulbound or NONE of them should be. This is confusing to new players and even logically it makes no sense. Why, why should some be SB and some shouldn’t? It makes collected half of the sets fairly easy, and the other half quite difficult.

I have recently got the ST shield, and I am never, ever going to use that item. It has 500 feed power so it’s not touching my pet’s luxury diet. May as well be unsb. But i don’t really care. just change them to all be the same, SB or UNSB.

Well you might be unaware, but playing unnamed allows you to have an account, I think you mean choose a name. And I disagree with this because if we’re going to restrict players in the game, why not just get rid of unnamed accounts all together?

Or you know, fix multiboxing.

I realize now you are a fairly new player. I’m afraid I can’t take you back in time, and speaking from a completely nostalgic point of view, the game was much more fun when UTs were unsb, and even when we had the occasional UT weekend. I still thought we were going to get another UT weekend after 2013, but the months just kept coming… then years… and we never got one. It’s been 5 bloody years without one.

Im afraid we will have to agree to disagree then. If deca continues to change things that make the game better and remove features, they may very well lose a player. Which I’m sure is fine because it sounds like you (and other users posting here) disagree with me and are having fun, which matters more to me.

I hope they revert the unnamed account thing, was on the road to white on my npe account and that really depressed me uwu

I prefer to play anonymously, but that doesn’t matter, I just don’t understand the point of restricting features. Especially when players dont know they can’t get SB drops. Sure they are informed they cannot teleport while unnamed but they never find out they cant get SB drops (meaning UT items).

This means potential newcomers are missing out if they havent chosen a name yet. Why? Why should they have to?

I say either remove/change the unnamed player system entirely, or return it to the days of old

Did WC tops not have prestige to them when the wine cellar was released?

I can’t recall people complaining of their rarity or asking for them to be SB. Perhaps it just bothers me that the fact they’re tiered is inconsistent and meaningless. Lost Halls already has plenty extremely rare white bags. Why have the tiered items soulbound too?

At the very least DECA should fix loot tier potions not affecting them.

Idk if you read my whole post but;

I also propose that items such as LH and Shatters whites stay UNSB in order to be a testament of skill for players that obtain them.

so yes, i agree with you. not every item should be UNSB.

Chest events…?

So you think that just because a UT weekend event ONCE a year for a very short period of time will drastically affect key sales for chest events? people will still want to run them! Come on now

You mean sb?

yes, typo.

So why haven’t they? Why are we supporting developers that aren’t working on the game? They claim they are working on unity client, so don’t you think they would fix it at least in the remake? What reason would they possibly have to not improve the game?

If Deca makes a anticheat that works, they’re going to lose a lot of players, especially ones that pay lots of money. Most of realms’ playerbase is hackers, as usually no one reports or catches hackers. ppl have already bypassed anticheat like Battleye in Fortnite, a client anticheat. Don’t count on a anticheat from Deca that will not be bypassed, or an anticheat at all.

(Just my thoughts, I’m a nooby red star, don’t take this too seriously.)

? Good ?

Besides most cheaters claim to use it for fullscreen. Unity will have fullscreen.

You’re right. But currently it is very easy to alter flash client.

I believe it’s likely, but no one really knows. The thing is, why would Deca risk it at all? It’s not like UT weekends (directly) bring money to the game.

Again duping and fame train have nothing to do with unity so you can’t “fix it in the remake”. I don’t know why they haven’t done it but this is not the only item on the “to-do list”. And honestly not being to pause seems much less pressing than other issues.

Maybe, even then it’s not actual full screen you can just extend view with your mouse.

Also, never heard anyone say they use it for fullscreen, most of the time it’s to reduce lag.