Changing Grave Difficulty Indicator When Entering Dungeon

Hey everyone. I have been playing this game for quite some time now and whenever I enter a Tomb or a Lab and it tells me that it is a 5 rated difficulty dungeon I feel like it is just telling me a lie. This is especially the case when these dungeons are in the same tier of difficulty as something like O3 or Void. Although very minor, I feel like this is very misleading to many new players and is just weird to have in the game. This change, although not that big, would make the game feel a little more complete if there was just another set of grave difficulties with a glowing grave as the icon.

I feel like this implementation would be an easy way to make the game feel a lot more complete and would not take much effort to do.

pixil-frame-0
(This is just an idea of a sprite and would gladly take feedback on changes)

If I had to rate some of the dungeons in this tier of difficulty it would be something like this. (Again subject to change and is just my personal opinon)

O3 - 5 Glowing Graves
Void - 5 Glowing Graves
Fungal - 4 Glowing Graves
Shatters - 4 Glowing Graves
Cult - 3 Glowing Graves
Nest - 3 Glowing Graves
Tomb - 1 Glowing Grave
O2 - 5 Normal Graves

Again these are just my personal thoughts and I feel like this should definitely be something added to improve the quality of the game. If this idea is flawed or have something to add, feel free to tell me. Feedback is appreciated.

Edit: Just to clarify what I mean when I say normal and glowing, this is a picture of what I envision
dungeon%20idea

I think glowing graves would only add to the confusion, especially for new players. I think the problem lies not only in the maximum grave count, but the number of graves some dungeons get. I suggest a maximum of 8 graves organized like below:
(Consists of two rows instead of 8 horizontally so it should be much easier to count quickly.)

Pirate Cave / Forest Maze – 1
Jungle / Spider Den – 2
Sprite World / Snake Pit / Ruins – 3
UDL / Manor – 4
Abyss / Puppet / Sewers-- 5
WC / Tomb / LOD / Para – 6
Nest / LH / Shatts / Fungal / Cult – 7
Sancturary / Void – 8

There are threads for this already btw, maybe this could help

Re posting my opinion. Also I’d much perfer there to be 10 graves

Tutorial - 1/10
Oryx’s Kitchen - 1/10
Pirate Cave - 1/10
Forest Maze - 2/10
Spider Den - 2/10
Forbidden Jungle - 3/10
The Hive - 3/10
Snake Pit - 3/10
Magic Woods - 4/10
Sprite World - 4/10
Cave of a Thousand Treasures - 4/10
Ancient ruins 5/10
Candyland Hunting Grounds 5/10
Undead Lair - 5/10
Manor of the Immortals - 5/10
Cursed Library - 6/10
Toxic Sewers - 6/10
Abyss of demons - 6/10
Puppet Master’s Theatre 6/10
The Machine - 6/10
Mad Lab - 6/10
Davy Jones’ Locker - 6/10
Malogia - 7/10
Untaris - 7/10
Haunted Cemetery - 7/10
Lair of Draconis - 7/10
Mountain temple - 7/10
Deadwater Docks - 7/10
Woodland Labyrinth - 7/10
The Crawling Depths - 7/10
Forax - 7/10
Ice Cave - 7/10
Ocean Trench - 7/10
Katalund - 7/10
Oryx’s Castle - 7/10
Puppet Master’s Encore - 7/10
Parasite Chambers - 7/10
Cnidarian Reef - 8/10
Wine Cellar - 8/10
Battle for the Nexus - 8/10
Tomb of the Ancients - 8/10
Secluded Thicket - 8/10
The Shatters - 8/10
Heroic Undead Lair - 8/10
Ice Tomb - 9/10
Belladonna’s Garden - 9/10
Lair of Shaitan - 9/10
The Nest - 9/10
Fungal Cavern - 9/10
Crystal Cavern - 9/10
Lost Halls - 9/10
Cultist Hideout - 9/10
Heroic Abyss of Demons - 9/10
The Void - 10/10
Oryx’s Sanctuary 11/10

Beach zone - N/A

What about rainbow road? :wink:

The reason I didn’t go with more graves is because I feel like the screen would look too cluttered. That’s just my opinion though and I just wanted to throw an idea out. Thanks for the feedback!

Laughs

I don’t think tutorial should have 1/10, you can’t really die without cheater armors and stuff.

i think it would be cool if they used the rest of the gravestones like 1/8 to 8/8

That’s a good point. Despite splitting it into two separate rows, it’s true that it could potentially clutter the screen. One solution is to just use good ol’ numbers like 1/8 or Difficulty: 1.

Problem #1: New players don’t know what ?/8 graves are. Even the players who have played for a bit may not know all of them (namely, me). Problem #2: It’s a bit difficult to differentiate 2/8, 3/8, and 4/8 gravestones from each other.

If I’m not wrong there was similiar idea some time ago, but with changing normal graves to 8/8 graves after first 5 small ones, and I personally think that would be best to do.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.