Changing the daily rewards system

I like the idea of the daily rewards system. It offers a way for f2p players to get items that would otherwise be limited only to p2w players. The idea of adding in an incentive to play is also a pretty good idea. However, the execution hasn’t accomplishing anything. Rather than encouraging people to actually play the game, the daily rewards system is more or less just people showing up for 1-2 minutes to claim a reward and then leaving. Instead, to obtain the prizes, one should actually have to complete a task.

My idea is to make it similar to current quests. Everyday, you will obtain a quest from the tinkerer such as “kill 5 medusas” or “get a mark of the abyss”. In exchange, you can open the one slot on the monthly rewards chart. In exchange for forcing there to be actual effort and with the realization that expecting people to show up every day and complete a quest is a bit too much, you could half the number of days on the chart (so there are 15 days for instance) and doubling up the prize. Truthfully, I believe that this will be a more effective way to get actual players. Of course, if you have a strong pet and already have a strong character, it will be considerably easier to complete the monthly quests but for that, I think that’s part of the point. Although finishing an abyss is probably not something you can instantly do on a level 1, with a decent character and other people, you should be able to run an abyss and if you can’t, do you really deserve to be getting ST chests and legendary keys?

I feel like if I had to do a quest every time I wanted free shit it wouldn’t be called rewards.

I’m gonna give this idea a big fat no.

Not everyone has the ability to actually play the game every. single. day.

Some people can only log in on puffin or get on for five seconds because of their job, homework, etc.

Keep the daily reward system as it is, maybe add an alternate version for whatever you’re suggesting.

That’s why I’m suggesting doubling up prizes and halving the number of days you would actually have to show up. It doesn’t matter how many times you actually show up if you’re not actually doing anything. I’m pretty sure the purpose of the daily rewards system is not to encourage people to log on for 5 seconds a day and truthfully, 5 minutes a day for half the days of a month should not be too much to ask for in exchange for STs or ambrosia which cost 1000 gold a peice (10$) in the shop.

@DeIusional Reward: a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement as defined by dictionary.com . According to merium webster, a reward is something that is given in return for good or evil done or received or that is offered or given for some service or attainment. Unless you consider showing up an actual service, requiring actyual effort, or reaching a goal, I would say that my idea is closer to the definition then the current system

The whole idea of the daily rewards system is to allow players to get free things without playing, it just encourages players to get online.

dude sometimes I can only go on for 1 minute because I have to do something so I don’t agree

Look I know that reading the whole thing can be a bore. HOWEVER, I already mentioned this. In my first comment and my first reply. YOU DON’T HAVE TO GET ON EVERY DAY ANYMORE. You only have to show up for half the days now.
On the other hand, if you can’t actually play for up to 15 days a month, then maybe you don’t deserve the relatively big prizes LIKE I ALSO MENTIONED IN MY ORIGINAL POST

@Merricmojo Thanks for the thoughtful and complete answer. Look, if you disagree, you can disagree but "NO" shows me absolutely nothing. My idea may be stupid but your comment is useless in helping me to discern why you dislike the idea other then perhaps you read maybe half of my post and simply posted without actually thinking.

I think as a smaller daily event this could work. But not as a way to replace the login rewards. They are login rewards for a reason, you just have to be able to find a minute or so in your day to show up. They are there to benefit players who are active enough to go through the effort of atleast logging in everyday, not encourage gameplay. Its an incentive for already active players to continue doing so.

Players who struggle to be active already don’t care about the rewards, and making the daily reward easy to obtain isn’t going to add anything useful.

I think a better choice would be weekly quests, where you obtain a small task everyday that gives you a reward which build up at the end of the week. That way the refresh time for the quests is lower, the rewards may not be great, but that seventh day may make it worthwhile. The shorter term serves as a way for players who struggle to be active for a whole month to still cash in on rewards if they are available for a week in that month. And players who are active enough to play on a daily basis, rather than just login, can get a little bonus too. You can make the weeks get progressively better as the month goes on, that way if a player is busy they know they can try to frontload before that last month and then have extra time in the last week of the month to play actively.

its not a daily reward system, it is specifically a login reward system.

Yeah, see, that’s actually the point of Daily Rewards. DECA’s cool and all, but they’re not that nice. The Daily Rewards system is there so people are more inclined to play, thus the developers have more chances of making money. It only makes sense because all game devs need money for their lives.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.