Changing window in linux makes it unable to interact with the game

The title might be confusing so let me explain.

When I run the game everything works perfectly fine. When I switch the window (for example to check something on the browser or reply on discord) and then go back to the game window, I can’t interact with the game. The game still works as it should, the only problem is that I can’t do anything. It’s almost like the game cannot understand that I’m pressing keys or trying to interact with it.

I couldn’t find such problem on internet so I assume it must not be that common.

That happens to both the game itself as well as the launcher.
I’m using Ubuntu 20.04 if that matters.

@Edit: I noticed I somehow posted this in the guild section. I apologize. Not used to forum after 1.5 year break. So embarrased.

You will have better luck asking on reddit rhan here.

… or a Linux forum. From your description you only see this on Linux. There can only be a small number of people playing on Linux, and they are probably quite diverse in what flavour of Linux they’re using, how they’ve got it working. So you may be the only player with this problem. It sounds also not so much a problem with the game but with the external environment, such as with input devices.

But there might be more people playing Unity games on Linux, or even other PC/Windows games on Linux, who’ve had to deal with this. I would start with Linux forums, but also Unity and whatever you use to run the Launcher and game, It it’s Steam e.g. try their tech support for Linux.

One thing that I suspect is that the emulator I’m using (I think it’s wine) might be responsible for this.
But I will check on other forums and see what people say. Thank you very much for the help.

I’ll also watch this topic, maybe there will be at least one person with similar problem who is using this forum and could help me.

I am using linux too and I definitely remember having this issue in the past too, however I do not have it now. I don’t remember how I solved it or if it resolved itself somehow, but try using a different proton version maybe? Today rotmg also didn’t launch for me randomly but after changing the proton version it started working again.

this has also happened on Win 10 for me yesterday.

I’m not using proton, I’m using wine.
I tried to run it through steam (proton) but then I’m getting error about lacking directX 11 and honestly I’ve been trying to install it but without any progress.

@Edit: Actually I managed to make it work lol. When I first tried to open a game through steam I could only run it with Proton Experimental. Now I noticed more option appeared. After trials and errors I run it with Proton 6.3-8 and it works. All of my options has been reset however but it’s not a problem.

Play the game on a real operating system (windows) infact, just use a real os (windows)

this glitch also exists on windows

I’m fine, I rather not touch anything that was made by microsoft :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.