i lost void bow and quiver thanks to that,
i aint gonna blame deckER but still
if im gonna die plz give me a fair death
not like this

Trivial Issues Thread

49 PM

HYPERLUL

NVM I JUST GOT OMNI

(Moved this one out of Trivial Issues as it’s enough IMO to be its own topic.)

This is a long known thing, they did change the text a while back which used to misleadingly say “Character Not Dead”.

I believe it’s when the game has registered your death, but your game client (from lag or whatever) hasn’t received the full info. So when the game client tries to load your character details, the server replies “Character is Dead”. RIP

Don’t know if it’s really a bug, or just the only way they can deal with client/server things. Maybe they could make the message be a slight bit “nicer” than just the blunt “Character is Dead”.

Enters Bilgewater portal.

“Hmm, loading is taking forever guess I’m not getting…”

<earrape>DUNDUNDUN!</earrape> Character is dead

super oof. if i also get this issue, ill kms

jwjb9

true dat

it was a fair death. You died what’s not fair about that?

@Princemth it’s not an issue it’s just someone dying and instead of popping up the death message they pop up the loading into dungeon shit. If you die to this then it’s because you died not because swatsec still has control over the game and you made him mad so he killed you for no reason.

o.k

or maybe it is :thinking:

lol xd

conspiracy theory #one: perma death doesn’t exist it’s all a lie.

Shouldn’t nexus be client sided? Or make it do something else like have a Disconnect button (Works better beacuse it doesnt rely on the server, just DCs you back to the char select screen)

no? that’s not how it works. the server registers the shit that happens in the game itself then your client registers everything you do so when you click the button it’s sent to the server and then it does what happens next which would be nexus then it sends the loading screen your way but if you take a shot from an enemy bringing you down to -1 then it marks you as dead and if you press the nexus button before it says that you’re dead then you goto the loading screen even though you’re dead it’s basically 2 things happen at the same time it doesn’t mean you got unlucky when you pressed your nexus key it’s just you pressed your nexus key after you died before your game caught up to the server.

that same thing would happen it’s not as if disconnecting your char after you drop to -1 is going to save your character. If you where to make it client sided then everything would depend on how your setup is and if you have a laggier computer or internet you could die less. Having the server deal with it means everything happens as it happens and it’s just your client that can fuck up and show stuff that it’s not supposed to be showing.

Techniclly the Oh Sheit button script would work like this (Airplane Mode hotkey on my laptop might work, it turns off internet, not willing to test it)

do it pussy, you wont.

well i would assume that it does if you take the shots and the server registers it but you don’t get sent to the death screen or whatever im pretty sure i’ve taken like over -1 damage closed my thing and still died before idrk it was a long ass time ago if it ever happened.

what I meant about ‘fair’ was to show me my death screen. That would’ve made me not to make a topic related to it.

you can always see the “death screen” by clicking on the graveyard or whatever tab instead of characters it’s not like it’s something that you need to happen over every single death you have since some people have thousands of deaths.