Chat filter

Could there please be a filter in the chat that doesn’t allow players to send a message with repeated substrings inside of it (for example: “S> life 1:8 S> life 1:8 S> life 1:8 S> life 1:8 S> life 1:8”).

Implementing this isn’t even junior programmer level, and it hotfixes solves one of the many horrible attitudes of this game’s community, which is to spam with a huge message so that other people’s messages aren’t shown.

The filter could either remove the repeated substrings or prevent the player from sending that message altogether

There is, people get around it by doing things like

IM A SPAMMER
IM A SPAMMER
@IM A SPAMMER
IM A SPAMMER
IM A SPAMMER
@IM A SPAMMER

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I just tested this and was able to send all the message without any delay or filter

You see all your own spam, others will only see 2 lines

I stand corrected, deca removed this feature at somepoint, IK for a fact it use to be this way

That’s interesting. Oh… okay

Still, what I would like to see instead of all my “asd asd…” messages is a unique “asd”. That is the suggestion I was trying to make here so that our screens aren’t flooded with messages that could fit in a single line

Got called a duper for this experiment

Apologies, my man. I went to the guild hall to test so that I wouldn’t annoy anyone, but never thought others would go right on the “hurr durr, he’s a haxor” bandwagon in the nexus

lmao whats funny is that kid hacks

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

Edit: @Plveuk :gun:

there i changed it

I’m just waiting for rotmg to be unblocked on filter.

yeah it used to be like, this was so annoying when in the trading server

took me a while to figure it out

Even if there was such a ban on repeated strings, people would change their message to be:

[40 spacebars]                                  SELL LIFE 7 DEF NOT A DESELECT SCAM                                    [40 spacebars]

to make a huge window.

Or

S>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LIFE: 7 DEF<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Or

Etc.

So nice idea, but wouldn’t change a thing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.