Cland Glitch

So some guy called a cland and i was the only person who went in. I noticed that when ever i cloaked all the minions would despawn / disappear and then new minions would do the same thing until the cloak whore off. I didn’t really know what to do so i decided to make a realmeye post about it.

lol whore off

Na, that’s not a glitch. They do that so you can’t exploit solo Clands.

Candylands are unique in their implementation. When no-one is around the enemies rapidly despawn and respawn (the spawned enemies are random each time) until someone is within, I think, 20 tiles then they “see” you and don’t despawn.

The upshot is that with a rogue and how the cloak works the enemies fail to see you and continue their despawn/spawn cycle until your cloak whores off.

So rogues can’t use their ability in candylands except for the boss.

On that topic, if you’re in a candy with other people NEVER cloak in the boss room or a boss may very well insta-pop you when it spawns…

Didn’t arkies rogue die that way?(when his name was still arkani)

Yeah lmao his rogue did die because he was cloaked in boss room. I remember hearing about that.

False my dude. It is not to prevent exploiting, it is just the way Clands work as @Spuddeth explains.

And like that, a meme is born.

Well, same thing man… Because if you could just cloak and then kill everything scott free, that is the VERY DEFINITION of exploitation…

You just described how the Rogue class works lol.

Ok, well, I’m just saying. @Wink is trying to say I’m wrong when I’m not. Because to exploit means to take advantage of. Therefore, cloaking in a Cland is EXPLOITING the fact that there are no other players in the dungeon, and the monsters cannot attack you because they can only target the nearest visible player. That’s why they made it the way they did, so people can’t do that.

But that’s how you solo dungeons on a rogue. In every single dungeon in the game, you just time your cloak right and kill everything. If what you’re saying is true then if I solo a UDL on a rogue and kill everything while cloaked, I am exploiting the game, which is not true. That’s just how rogues work, it’s not an exploitation.

Umm… Ok… I guess you don’t know the definition of the word “exploit.” And I’m not talking about other dungeons… Obviously that’s how rouge works, low def is more than made up for by invisibility… But this thread is about CLAND, and how he thought it is a glitch, even though it’s not…

That’s like saying doing more damage because you are using a sword is exploiting the fact that you are a melee class. It may be technically correct, but when the word exploit is used in video games, it generally has a connotation of cheating the system in some way.

Again: that’s just how the Rogue works. Cloaking is always going to work better when you’re soloing, regardless of where you are.

An exploit would be taking advantage of the enemies’ infinite respawn to just sit in the Cland forever and gain massive amounts of fame using a combination of several specific hacks, something which has been done before.

Bruh all the classes except a couple of melees have 25 def.

I was just using the UDL as an example of why your reasoning is flawed. You said that the spawn feature of a Cland was to prevent rogues “exploiting” the dungeon with their cloaking ability. I was trying to point out that the reasoning you used to explain why cloaking in a Cland was an exploit could be used to say that cloaking in any dungeon is an exploit.

Lol.

It used to be the case that a rogue could cloak while there were only paused players nearby and the monsters would keep spawning, but not despawn because of the paused player(s).
They fixed that exploit, but idk how they did it/what exactly has changed since then.

At that time, if there was only the rogue nearby, monsters would spawn, stay for about a second, despawn and that cycle would repeat until the rogue’s cloak ran out.
It was used to easily respawn monsters without having to move far away.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.